PGA Village in Port St. Lucie

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PGA Village in Port St. Lucie

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
    I would call it casual upscale. Not inexpensive however the food is amazing and the place is very popular so if you do go, I suggest you make a reservation.
    http://michaelsgenuine.com/miami/menus-miami/
    Looks great...thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post
      My wife and I have booked nine days staying on-site late January
      Taking just a couple days off golf to do some sightseeing Miami and the Keys
      Looking forward to it

Just a getaway from the winter
      Are you able to get on the Legacy? For me I like it better than the 3, although the Dye course is close. There's a couple other courses in not too big of a radius....

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefan75 View Post
        Are you able to get on the Legacy? For me I like it better than the 3, although the Dye course is close. There's a couple other courses in not too big of a radius....
        My wife is high handicap, this will be lots for her

Comment

Just about anywhere you turn there is great Cuban food. Any little hole in the wall will serve great Cuban food. In Little Havana, a little closer to town, there is an open market of three little services right on the street. If you drive from town out , it's on the right side. Can't miss it. Just a bunch of medal picnic tables in an open market. For $10 you will probably have to share with the rest of the family. Sorry but can't remeber the name or address. Funny how Cuban food can taste so great in Miami, however go to Cuba and you have to search. Then again, had the best Chinese food ever in Havana. Go figure!!

UOTE=jimfastcar;1322974]Google is your friend ....
          I looked it up, seems mid to high, but very interesting menu and approach
          I think I will try it thanks for the suggestion

I am looking for really, really good Cuban, not commercial but small and genuine
          Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Comment

My wife is high handicap, this will be lots for her
            You know, the Legacy has several women members, and from when I've been there, I would not mistake them for former tour pros. I think it's enjoyable from the front tees.

I'm not sure if I could say that about the Dye course. Ryder, yes, Wanamaker....well I don't like it nearly as much as a lot of people seem to.

Or have you booked a package that includes rounds? If St Lucie Trail(former Country Club) is included, keep in mind that from what I was told before, it's much tighter than the three....

My wife and I stay at the HGI twice a year, so I'd like to think I can answer most any question about that area...

Comment

You know, the Legacy has several women members, and from when I've been there, I would not mistake them for former tour pros. I think it's enjoyable from the front tees.

I'm not sure if I could say that about the Dye course. Ryder, yes, Wanamaker....well I don't like it nearly as much as a lot of people seem to.

Or have you booked a package that includes rounds? If St Lucie Trail(former Country Club) is included, keep in mind that from what I was told before, it's much tighter than the three....

My wife and I stay at the HGI twice a year, so I'd like to think I can answer most any question about that area...
              We have booked times at the three courses, two games at each

Comment

We have booked times at the three courses, two games at each
                Is this your first time down there? Staying in a villa or the HGI or somewhere else?

Comment

Is this your first time down there? Staying in a villa or the HGI or somewhere else?
                  Villa
                  Two free days - Miami and the Keys
                  Factory Outlet Mall for Mrs fastcar

Comment

Have played Wannamaker and Ryder so far, Dye course tomorrow which is supposed to be the hardest
                    I find them so far to be good courses, forgiving driving and tough around the greens. They are rolling beautifully and extremely fast and undulating
                    Lots of fun

We have been paired so far with very nice people, has been very enjoyable. I would recommend. Don't know rack rate as we booked a package, but I have heard there are less expensive and good options in the area.

Comment

Dye is probably the most difficult, but frankly the nicest course with all the natural areas.

Yes, the options within the area are quite abundant. PGA Village courses are the better courses, but at huge markups to the others, they're not that much better. If you like the area and golf, setup at the HGI and you can go to any course you want.

Comment

So my wife and I got paired with another couple this morning and wouldn't you know we met them 4 years ago playing Disney Magnolia
                        They are drom Boston

This is truly a small world

PS - Bill is in his 70's, doesn't hit it very long, but is a devil around fhe greens. Too bad we didn't see an alligator as I would have fed him to them

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X