Collapse

FireRock & Tarandowah

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireRock & Tarandowah

Good morning Nuts, has anyone played either course in the last couple weeks ? playing tomorrow and Friday. looking for conditions, everthing public in Hamilton area is dry to the bone.

Re: FireRock & Tarandowah

played tarandowah sunday....greens were a little chewed from people wlikng on them, plus some ball marks, but overall okay...too much sand in the traps, but still okay...

Comment

Played Tarandowah this morning with another TGN'er, it was in good condition except for the bunkers as usual. A lot of the bunkers are still GUR so it's not too bad as you can pull your ball out for a free drop. Greens were decent. Well worth the $20 underpar deal that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
        Played Tarandowah this morning with another TGN'er, it was in good condition except for the bunkers as usual. A lot of the bunkers are still GUR so it's not too bad as you can pull your ball out for a free drop. Greens were decent. Well worth the $20 underpar deal that's for sure!
        awesome, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ampas20 View Post
          awesome, thanks guys.
          No problem enjoy your rounds.

Comment

Played 36 holes at Firerock yesterday with an Underpar voucher that I bought earlier in the year. Had I known they had aerated the greens last week - I would have postponed for a week. The non-waste bunkers were very gravelly also.

Also didn't help yesterday being windy and the smell from the nearby animal feed factory wafting all over the course.

However, the layout was good, fair and tough - that 18th is one tough finishing hole.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
              Played 36 holes at Firerock yesterday with an Underpar voucher that I bought earlier in the year. Had I known they had aerated the greens last week - I would have postponed for a week. The non-waste bunkers were very gravelly also.

Also didn't help yesterday being windy and the smell from the nearby animal feed factory wafting all over the course.

However, the layout was good, fair and tough - that 18th is one tough finishing hole.
              I also played 36 holes Aug 4th before the greens were aerated. I found Firerock to be a great track, it was well maintained and loved the layout. Wind was minimal so I didn't get the nasty smell. They were starting everyone off on # 10 that day. The GPS on the carts worked very well and accurate against my busnell. I would 100% play Firerock again.

Played Tarandowah on the 5th. My third year in a row making the trip to go play. 4 of us were playing behind the slowest twosome EVER. 4 older guys in front of them eventually pulled 3 holes ahead. No marshall to complain to. We decided not to say anything and just make the best of it. (drives me bananas) Conditions as always were very good. still about 15 or so bunkers under repair.

Comment

Played Tarandowah Sunday at 11... Greens where rough around the cups but the rest of the was playing nicely and took the rain that we had well. Not sure about the rain that's passing thru today thou.
                Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                Ping Hoofer

Comment

i played tarandowah last friday for the first time. it was a good experience and i am happy that i finally got to play it. i was in shock at the amount of un repaired ball marks and how beat up the greens were. i can't say i'm in a hurry to go back. i'd prefer to play fire rock, otter creek, forest city

Comment

I played yesterday and didn't notice any issue with the greens, other than the humidity making them sticky. Played from the black deck, something I rarely do, and enjoyed the shots it demands.

Yep, a few bunkers are still out of play, but the greens were solid and conditions were as they should be for a course that is aiming to be a links.
                    Golf blog: canadiangolfer.com/g4g

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X