Collapse

"Speed Stik" swing trainer

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Speed Stik" swing trainer

Has anybody bought or used this swing trainer ? looking for any feedback good or bad.

Re: "Speed Stik" swing trainer

Originally posted by woodygogolf View Post
    Has anybody bought or used this swing trainer ? looking for any feedback good or bad.
    I bought one along time ago. I think its a good warm up "club" and work on your release at impact.

I don't use it anymore, the "novelty" wore off. If you can get one for real cheap, try it out.
    Last edited by kookie; Jan 7, 2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Ya, I got one for Christmas about 5 years ago. I will have to see if I can find it. Thanks for reminding me. I used to swing it well above 100 mph. I bet I can't now. LOL!
      Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, Tour 65-S
      Ping G425 SFT 15* 3 Wood, Tour 75-S
      Ping G425 SFT 19* 5 Wood, Tour 75-S
      Ping G425 Max 23.5* 9 Wood, Tour 75-S
      Ping G425 Max 26* 5 Hybrid, Tour 85-S
      Ping S56 Irons, 6 to 9, PW, Aldila VS 85-S
      Ping Tour S, 52/12*, 58/10*,Aldila VS 85-S
      Ping Chip-R, Ping Z115-S (new)
      Ping 35" Tomcat 14 Putter (new)
      Ping "Latitude" Carry Bag
      Nikon Laser 500G Rangefinder

Comment

something similar to it was marketed as Swingrite that might still be available.
        These things aren't cheap for what limited feedback-thingy they provide.
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Can't help myself - Ordered one LOL!

- Ian
          TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
          TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
          ​* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
          TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
          TM TP5 Golf Ball
          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
          Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)
          ​

Comment

Originally posted by crunch27 View Post
            Ya, I got one for Christmas about 5 years ago. I will have to see if I can find it. Thanks for reminding me. I used to swing it well above 100 mph. I bet I can't now. LOL!
            Is there actually a swing speed read out component to it. Wasn't sure watching commercials, they showed speeds but didn't necessary mean it was on the club.

Comment

Does not look like it does, but, Everybody wants a speed stik. http://www.thespeedstik.com/golf/index.html
              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I have one sitting in my living room. I mainly use it now as a stretching aid

To be honest I would save your money, and do some overspeed training with an old shaft without a club head. Meaning do about 10-20 swings with the shaft both hands, and single handed. After that hit balls with a normal club you'll likely see newbie speed gains right away. Also I would only do overspeed training 1-2x a week at most for the average person. Anymore you are getting diminishing returns. Lastly if you're serious about developing speed you need a way to measure your progress. I would get the swing speed radar as it's usually the most cost effective, and if you measure it against flight scope setup properly it's only about 1-3mph's difference.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
                  To be honest I would save your money, and do some overspeed training with an old shaft without a club head. Meaning do about 10-20 swings with the shaft both hands, and single handed. After that hit balls with a normal club you'll likely see newbie speed gains right away. Also I would only do overspeed training 1-2x a week at most for the average person. Anymore you are getting diminishing returns. Lastly if you're serious about developing speed you need a way to measure your progress. I would get the swing speed radar as it's usually the most cost effective, and if you measure it against flight scope setup properly it's only about 1-3mph's difference.
                  Two other options come to mind that might be beneficial.

(1) Make two clubs, one that is 15% lighter than normal, say a 3 iron head on a wedge length shaft, and another that is 15% heavier than normal. Swing the heavier one 5 to 10 times as fast as possible followed by the lighter one, the same number of times. It is swinging the latter that will cause any swing speed gains.

(2) The other is to get or make a "speed chain." Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoODvunVN70 Lots of other info by Googling.
                  I made the club part of mine with a two foot length of 5/8" copper pipe, grip put on one end and the other crimped and a hole drilled to accommodate the chain attachments. I bought 3, ten foot chains of varying sizes, at Home hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                    Two other options come to mind that might be beneficial.

(1) Make two clubs, one that is 15% lighter than normal, say a 3 iron head on a wedge length shaft, and another that is 15% heavier than normal. Swing the heavier one 5 to 10 times as fast as possible followed by the lighter one, the same number of times. It is swinging the latter that will cause any swing speed gains.

(2) The other is to get or make a "speed chain." Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoODvunVN70 Lots of other info by Googling.
                    I made the club part of mine with a two foot length of 5/8" copper pipe, grip put on one end and the other crimped and a hole drilled to accommodate the chain attachments. I bought 3, ten foot chains of varying sizes, at Home hardware.
                    excellent suggestion.

My variation is a flail that I made from a discarded wedge shaft. I screwed an 1/4 dia. eyelet into the tip with 3 loops of 12" long 1/8 thick chain attached.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X