Collapse

Riviera Maya Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riviera Maya Golf Club

Stayed at the Bahia Principe Sian Kaan this past week with my wife and played a round at the subject club (with rentals)...

Great resort, very nice course...

Anyone else play here??

Cheers,

- Ian
    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Re: Riviera Maya Golf Club

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
    Stayed at the Bahia Principe Sian Kaan this past week with my wife and played a round at the subject club (with rentals)...

Anyone else play here??

Cheers,

- Ian
    Nope, but last week I stayed and played at the Iberostar Paraiso. Pete Dye course...good conditions, greens had undulations up the ***, it was making me dizzy.

Comment

Anyone else play here??

Cheers,

- Ian
      Played there with my wife once in 2012 and once in 2013. Loved the deal we had through our resort - free after 1 pm, just $40 for cart and rentals. Really enjoyed the hole with the green over a cave!

Comment

Heading to the Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an resort next week and am going to play the subject course again.

Really enjoyed it last year, played once w/Rental - This year, taking my clubs and playing 4 rounds (although my wife doesn't know this as yet)...

Questions, anyone play the course this year? Any chance I won't get 4 'reasonably' early tee times?? ('Reasonable' = 8-9AM, on vacation afterall).

Cheers,

- Ian
        TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
        TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
        TM TP5 Golf Ball
        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

We've stayed there twice. Played the course seven times. It's beautiful and *****. Everything bounces towards the jungle. A perfect looking drive rolls over the short rough and is in with the snakes.

All that said, Sian Kaan is a beautiful gem. It's not on the beach, which is why the prices are so low for such nice rooms and great food. I think that in a few years they will shut it down as an all inclusive and turn it into the rec facility / clubhouse for the community they are building around the golf course.

Comment

Originally posted by Secam View Post
            We've stayed there twice. Played the course seven times. It's beautiful and *****. Everything bounces towards the jungle. A perfect looking drive rolls over the short rough and is in with the snakes.

All that said, Sian Kaan is a beautiful gem. It's not on the beach, which is why the prices are so low for such nice rooms and great food. I think that in a few years they will shut it down as an all inclusive and turn it into the rec facility / clubhouse for the community they are building around the golf course.
            Snakes??

Funny, I only played one round last year, but don't have too much recollection (Didn't really drink on the course so that's not an excuse)...

Loved the hole with the cenote (cave), and didn't really keep score - Taking my clubs/Skycaddie, etc. and am planning to play 4 rounds if I can get away with it so will be a bit more 'serious' this time...

Fully agree about Sian Ka'an - Probably one of the best resorts we've been to, and very reasonably priced for likely the reasons you state (Who needs the ocean, when you have a pool and all the chairs you need). It's a great size, and you can use all the amenities of the 2 other large resorts that are part of the Bahia Principe group (Coba/Akumel).

Regardless, just getting away from white hell and our -10 weather will be enough of a treat let alone 4 glorious rounds!

Cheers,

- Ian
            TM TP5 Golf Ball
            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Stayed for a week at the Bahia Principe Coba on the beach 2 years ago and shuttled everyday for a round at the Riviera Maya. The course is beautiful and the cenote traps were an expected hazard. For all inclusive, the mandatory cart fee was pricey at US$100/round.

I prefer Moon Palace with a 27 hole course on property and free shuttle to golf Riviera Cancun included in the package. Cart fee was US$40/round and all food and drinks (including alcohol) was included with outdoor Cabana style bars every 6 holes.
              Let's go - While we're young!

Comment

Snakes??

Funny, I only played one round last year, but don't have too much recollection (Didn't really drink on the course so that's not an excuse)...

Loved the hole with the cenote (cave), and didn't really keep score - Taking my clubs/Skycaddie, etc. and am planning to play 4 rounds if I can get away with it so will be a bit more 'serious' this time...

Fully agree about Sian Ka'an - Probably one of the best resorts we've been to, and very reasonably priced for likely the reasons you state (Who needs the ocean, when you have a pool and all the chairs you need). It's a great size, and you can use all the amenities of the 2 other large resorts that are part of the Bahia Principe group (Coba/Akumel).

Regardless, just getting away from white hell and our -10 weather will be enough of a treat let alone 4 glorious rounds!

Cheers,

- Ian
                Yes there are snakes, and spiders as well. big cats on extremely rare occasions
                Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
                3W - Taylormade M4
                5 wood - Callaway X Hot
                4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
                Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
                Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
                Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

I'm currently down here south of Playa Del Carmen, and since we got here there's been a huge fire that burnt down the Bahia lobby bar and 5 people were killed at a PDC nightclub. Not sure I want to venture out and play golf.

At least it's warm and sunny.

Comment

Yesterday, my wife booked us in at The Tao condos to spend the week after Boxing day until early January. The Tao development is at the north end of the golf course, whereas Sian Ka'an is at the south end. I'll definitely be bringing my clubs. A trip update will be forthcoming.

This past December I was at the Moon Palace for a friend's destination wedding, and would readily return -> 27 holes, a driving range, you can use your resort credits for "free golf" with a +$38 cart fee, and food & drink included. I suggest to call or email the course in advance to book early tee times.

Mark, the golf tech at GT Kitchener, was down at the wedding too and we golfed a few rounds. A local Coati had fun stealing Mark's sandwich, Coke, and smokes ( no lie ). One of our fellow golfers posted this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	coati_mark.jpg Views:	1 Size:	614.2 KB ID:	2773186
                    🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                    Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays