Collapse

How to become a real estate Lawyer in Ontario

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to become a real estate Lawyer in Ontario

My wife is a Corporate/commercial lawyer and has been called to the bar. She has interned and articled at top tier corporate law firms in Toronto and spent some time as in-house counsel.

After she went on Mat Leave, the organization she was working for had a re-org and they did not have a role for her upon her return. A part of me is happy and relieved that she didn't have to go back to work and send the little one to daycare. However, this got me thinking that there have to be options around her being able to find contract work in Corporate/commercial space as well as become a real estate lawyer, that she can do while having a home office set-up.

My questions

1) What is involved in becoming a practising real estate lawyer in Ontario?
    2) Would she have to work in a real estate practice to get accreditation before going on her own?
    3) what would be the best way for her to source contact work in Corporate/Commercial space without being employed full time by a firm or in-house counsel.

My wife probably has the answers already but i wanted to get some feedback from the folks here who might have some experience.

Thanks
Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X