Bunker Hill for sale

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bunker Hill for sale

Originally posted by davepratt View Post
    I just took a spin over to take a look. I was going to play but at that elevation, the winds were howling and cold. The greens and the tees look perfect. I couldn't believe how good the tees were when you consider people are hitting irons. Looks like it would be a fun experience and I'm going to try and go back on a better day.
    I hear you can get unlimited play with no tee times for a little over $4m.

Is $4m a good number for the land in that area or are they expecting somebody to buy/run a golf course at that price?

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
      I hear you can get unlimited play with no tee times for a little over $4m.

Is $4m a good number for the land in that area or are they expecting somebody to buy/run a golf course at that price?
      From all indications it is what it is with little hope of anything else. They've used all of the land so no chance of any residential component.

Comment

From all indications it is what it is with little hope of anything else. They've used all of the land so no chance of any residential component.
        Remove 3 holes, and build.

I'll let you know after tomorrow night's draw.
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Dropping 3 holes would/could mess up the course.

It is really a fun course to play if you don't mind some challenge.

Honestly I'll be really disappointed if this one does not make it. In the summer I was going for a 7 AM tee time, playing 12 and getting to work by 9. I thought it was an awesome set-up and a good reason to get up early and do something before work.

And just to make the disclaimer, aside from thinking it's a fun (and immaculate) course to play I have no stake. The tees, greens and the whole course are in fabulous condition. It's been built for 2 years and only opened this year as it is.

Comment

It's too hard for the average golfer, which are the people you have to cater to for a par 3 course. I also haven't seen them on underpar much and never on golfnow (not that I frequent them often). It's also too expensive considering you really need to rent a cart to have an enjoyable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RutgersKev View Post
              It's too hard for the average golfer, which are the people you have to cater to for a par 3 course. I also haven't seen them on underpar much and never on golfnow (not that I frequent them often). It's also too expensive considering you really need to rent a cart to have an enjoyable experience.
              We got it on UnderPar (as we were in the parking lot!)

Comment

I've walked it a few times and enjoyed the workout. Granted there are a couple of tough climbs.

I bought all my passes on UnderPar in early spring before they opened and they were on again at least once more.

Where can you play 12 challenging holes with immaculate conditions for $34 including cart (or about that)?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                  Where can you play 12 challenging holes with immaculate conditions for $34 including cart (or about that)?
                  Nowhere else, because it's not a popular idea to have a 12 hole par 3 course. Fox Run had something like 12 holes, and they closed that course down. It was not as nice as BH, but it shows the market wasn't there for such a course.

If BH was 9 holes containing 2 legitimate driveable par 4's, it would be much more valuable. People love to hit their drivers. If you take that away from them, it's going to hurt round totals.

It's commendable to try new ideas but the fact they are already trying to dump it off doesn't show me that I will be building a similar layout any time soon.

Comment

I thought that the first time course details came out,and the price point was high imo.

Comment

Nowhere else, because it's not a popular idea to have a 12 hole par 3 course. Fox Run had something like 12 holes, and they closed that course down. It was not as nice as BH, but it shows the market wasn't there for such a course.

If BH was 9 holes containing 2 legitimate driveable par 4's, it would be much more valuable. People love to hit their drivers. If you take that away from them, it's going to hurt round totals.

It's commendable to try new ideas but the fact they are already trying to dump it off doesn't show me that I will be building a similar layout any time soon.
                      I think that's the real problem. Combining 3 rather rare things: A par 3 course, a tough par 3 course and a 12 hole course.

Most par 3s are cheap learning places. Turnberry succeeds as a niche tough par 3, but I don't know how much more demand there is for more of those.

There are virtually no 12 hole courses anywhere. It's an interesting concept, but let's see if there's a market for a full-length one first....
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Turnberry

Comment

As I wrote in Score earlier this year, the course's owner is very old. They were just hoping to get it done before he passed. I believe one of his sons likely took over and isn't very interested -- at least that's my guess.
                          Golf blog: canadiangolfer.com/g4g

Comment

Originally posted by RobertThompson View Post
                            I believe one of his sons likely took over and isn't very interested -- at least that's my guess.
                            Correct. He's also the listing agent.

Comment

Correct. He's also the listing agent.
                              Ah, well that adds a lot more to the picture. It could be doing just fine then and he's just not interested in having the money tied up in it.

Comment

A lot of $$$ and effort to run just 1 season. Maybe somebody just suddenly wants/needs to try to raise some $$$ for other things.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X