NEW WILSON IRONS

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW WILSON IRONS

NEW WILSON IRONS
    CHICAGO, Ill. -- Wilson Golf has introduced the Wilson Staff Ci6 (Control) irons to its premium line of clubs for 2006. Looking to become the “iron company for all,” regardless of handicap, the Ci6 irons are specifically designed for the 10-16 handicap golfer looking for increased control and added distance. The new Ci6 irons complement the current Wilson Staff iron family (Forged, Performance and Distance) first introduced last season.

The new Wilson Staff Ci6 irons

The Wilson Staff Ci6 irons blend the strongest attributes of the Wilson Staff Pi5 (Performance) iron and Wilson Staff Di5 (Distance iron) irons. Both the Pi5 and Di5, as well as the Wilson Staff Fi5 (Forged) irons, will remain in the line for 2006. The design of the Ci6 irons features a head size larger than that of the Pi5 but still smaller than the Di5. The progressive top-line and offset are wider and greater than the Pi5, but thinner and less than the Di5, respectively. The Ci6 stainless steel, midsize cast club head features a full back cavity, small undercut and low center of gravity across the entire set.

The Wilson Staff Ci6 irons also feature a new Elastomeric Damping layer applied to the entire back cavity which, according to Wilson, reduces vibration and decreases overall resonant frequency of the head when striking the ball. This patented layer, says Wilson, also provides 1/3 more vibration damping, which in turn produces softer and truer feel at impact as the technology is designed to replicate the feel of striking a ball as if it were hit by a forged blade.

“The new Wilson Staff Ci6 irons are designed specifically to that golfer with a 10-16 handicap,” said Angus Moir, Global Business Director, Wilson Golf. “The Ci6 are for the player seeking maximum control with a more traditional look and Wilson’s patented Elastomeric Damping layer provides a much truer feel. With the addition of this set of irons, we have improved the Wilson Staff family of irons and now truly have an iron for everyone. At one time, Wilson Staff was “the iron company,” and now with Forged, Performance, Control and Distance irons, we feel we are on the way back to once again earning that recognition.”

The new Wilson Staff Ci6 irons will be available in steel or graphite shafts and each shaft option is designed to maximize control and produce launch and trajectory characteristics sought by the golfer. The new Taper Tech C1 steel shaft from True Temper features tri-section construction and progressive tip length to a .370-inch tip. The stiffer tip in the mid to short irons produces a lower launch angle and more control, while a higher kick point in the low to mid irons promotes higher launch and greater distance.

The Nano Tech graphite shaft that was introduced last year has been improved, according to Wilson, to feature Nano construction across not just the tip, but the full length of the shaft. The infusion of nano particles produces a stronger and more torisionally stable shaft, and the .370 tip, which also includes progressive tip length, optimizes ball flight across the set.

The new Wilson Staff Ci6 Irons will be available in early 2006 at pro and golf specialty shops for $499 in steel (RL, R, S, X) and $599 in graphite (RL, R, S, X). US PRICES

Re: NEW WILSON IRONS

Originally posted by Golfbum
    NEW WILSON IRONS
    GB,
    Saw these out on the course in the fall. We have the Wilson factory here Belleville. According to the custom club guy at the factory (I've shot a few rounds with him) these irons are what Wilson has been hoping for for more than a few years.
    Mule
    In The Ogio
    Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
    Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
    Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
    Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
    Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule56
      GB,
      Saw these out on the course in the fall. We have the Wilson factory here Belleville. According to the custom club guy at the factory (I've shot a few rounds with him) these irons are what Wilson has been hoping for for more than a few years.
      Mule
      Hey Mule did you hit those irons? I was at a demo day and tried the PI5's, they were nice feeling irons, even in the cast model.
      I like the looks of these new ones too. Wilson is back in the flow of things now.

Comment

Originally posted by Golfbum
        Hey Mule did you hit those irons? I was at a demo day and tried the PI5's, they were nice feeling irons, even in the cast model.
        I like the looks of these new ones too. Wilson is back in the flow of things now.
        Yeah I hit the PW and the 5 iron. Both produced good results. I was hoping to chalk it up to a great swing . Nice ball flight and and more then workable.
        Mule
        In The Ogio
        Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
        Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
        Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
        Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
        Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
        MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X