Toronto Golf Nuts - Greater Toronto Area Golf Forum  

Go Back   Toronto Golf Nuts - Greater Toronto Area Golf Forum > Golf Resource Forum > TorontoGolfNuts Affiliates
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old Aug 3, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1
seetrout699
Sponsor

Default Seetrout699 -All About Golf Balls-I am Proud to be a Sponsor

DECEMBER 2015 2ND UPDATE FROM ORIGINAL

I became a sponsor on this site in July 2012. Since then my golf ball business has grown faster than I ever imagined possible . I enjoy seeing you and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your business. And a very special thank you to those who have mentioned my name in almost every golf ball thread in the "hot deals section" including the Wallmart and Target threads. These threads have had thousands of viewings , many of those viewers have made it over to read my ad for the first time.

My ad is always in the BUY/SELL/TRADE FORUM of the site under OTHER GOLF EQUIPMENT under my handle. It is kept up-to-date . The ad can usually be found on the 1st or 2nd page of that section unless I am unavailable.

THE BEST REASONS TO BUY MY GOLF BALLS

- my prices for used balls are the cheapest in almost every ball type/category in the GTA- also my selection is probably as extensive as that offered by any individual seller
- in most cases you get to pick and choose those which you like the best- as a rule I seldom pre-package
-you are usually able to purchase mint quality balls for 20-35% of retail

REASONS NOT TO BUY MY GOLF BALLS

-your family or your promotion item closet at work keeps you fully stocked with new balls
-you wish to support your local pro
- vanity will not allow you to use used balls
-I often do not have what you want [try me in February!!]
-you are afraid used balls will not perform as well as new -I have several plus handicap golfers who buy from me regularily and they have not noticed any difference in performance whatsoever
-the fact that you can save $100-$500 or more per year on golf balls is completely irrelevent to you

THINGS THAT YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT MY GOLF BALL BUSINESS

1] I started selling used golf balls on a fairly serious basis in January 2012 when I first started purchasing used golf balls in bulk in order to satisfy a large range ball order . Currently about 50% of the balls that I sell are to retail customers, about 10% are to golf courses, about 20% are range balls sold to golf course driving ranges and indoor simulator facilities and about 20% are hit-a-way/cottage balls sold to individuals, driving ranges and golf schools. I believe that I am now one of the three largest individual sellers of used golf balls in Ontario, which probably means in Canada as well. Obviously the major retailers and the companies in the used golf ball business sell many more than any individual seller.

2] I obtain all of my golf balls from various sources within Ontario. Well over 85,000 balls in 2015. About 50% are from regular suppliers. The other 50% are from one-off bulk purchase situations such as estate sales, moving sales or what someone has accumulated over several years. I buy balls 12 month of the year, many of them from November to March of each year. If you know anyone who has 500-5000 balls for sale please send them my way. Golf balls get less valuable over time as new models are introduced. There are not many buyers out there of 5,000 balls at once and from my observation they all pay less than I do.

3]Most of the balls that I sell each year were balls that were lost and found the previous golf season.

Generally I have 20,000- 25,000 balls in inventory. About 50% of those are either to be sold as range balls or cottage/hit-a-way balls. Often I have 3,000-5,000 prov1s in stock, and 5,000-7,000 balls for the $25 and $40 /hundred ball packages. It is increasingly obvious that no matter how many golf balls that I purchase pretty well every other mid-range ball to tour level ball will often be in short supply due to demand exceeding supply [probably due to underpricing].

3] Currently none of the golf balls that I purchase are mined from ponds by divers or dredging companes etc.

4] I sell mint quality golf balls of all types for 20-33% of what the major retailers charge. Furthermore you may pick and choose. With the exception of tour level balls any ball that is scuffed or bruised or discolored is sold as a range ball or as a hit-a-way. Imperfect tour level balls[especially prov1s] are usually available for sale at reduced prices.

5] My golf ball sources keep improving and expanding. Having said that even though many of the golf balls that I obtain are from some of the best golf courses in Ontario these purchases often yield less than 1% of many mint quality ball types [ including virtually all tour level balls except for prov1s]. As a result there are many ball types which are almost always in short supply or sold out so if you do see them advertised you may want to get them while they are still available. These include tour level balls just introduced during current year, all b330s, all z stars, all Callaway hexs or their latest offerings, all Taylormades high-ends including pentas, lethals and their latest offerings, all mid-range to tour level tour yellow balls and all e- series balls.

6] I am a serious golfer myself. I think that I can accurately advertise the condition of golf balls in my ads, but in the event you disagree you may reject the ball. Except for range balls, hit-a-ways and the occasional package deal nothing I sell is pre-packaged, you may pick and choose what you buy. As a technology retard I do not use photos.

7] I do not ship or do sight unseen sales for a variety of reasons including - my margins are already thin, my supply of certain items is often limited and there is far more time and effort involved [in shipping transactions] than a one man operation can handle , especially for someone who likes to golf frequently . SORRY TO THE MANY WHO HAVE ASKED.

8] No deliveries, no meet-ups. For several reasons I also do not deliver or nor do I do meet-ups outside of my very immediate vicinity except in very rare and exceptional situations. During the golf season often I have several appointments scheduled within a very tight time-frame. Gas and delivery costs also quickly eliminate any small profits. Many of my customers end up buying something completely different or additional to what they planned on purchasing when they came. Often what was likely a $25 sale becomes a $50 sale and often when the customer likes what he sees he phones his buddy to see if they want something as well. I can only bring a small fraction of the balls with me in the car . Furthermore my fragile back does not like lifting heavy containers of golf balls in and out of the car.

9] At least 80% of my retail business {golfers vs. golf courses] was originally sourced on TGN. Most of the rest come from Kijiji and Craigslist where I also advertise.

10] About 50% of my customers also buy for friends, for family or for co-workers when they come or bring someone new along with them . That % keeps increasing. They must like my product or my prices or both. THANK YOU!

11] Every retail customer that I have pays the same price, my prices seldom change other than maybe January 1st . I do occasionally offer a pre-packaged deal or a ball bonus deal if you spend a certain amount. I think that generally speaking my prices are as low [or lower] as those offered by any regular vendors in the GTA. Whether you buy 12 balls or 1200 balls at once you will pay the same price per ball. I know that this inflexibility has cost me several large ball deals, especially for prov1s. So be it. None of my retail customers will ever be able to say that someone else got a better deal than they did. The price is the price, sorry I do not negotiate the price. I have no difficulty in selling every ball that I obtain at the asking price. I know, and more importantly you know, that you are getting a great deal when you buy my golf balls. I do this more for fun and to keep busy, than for profit, the profit does not change my lifestyle and I am not trying to get absolute top dollar for every ball that I sell.

OTHER ITEMS THAT YOU MAY FIND INTERESTING

1] various studies have shown that golf balls that are not kept in extreme cold or heat or water for extended periods of time lose very little if any of their original abilities [distance, spin etc.] even over several years.

2] unless you play at the PGA tour level you probably will not notice any performance difference between a new ball and a mint used ball or even a slightly scuffed ball of the same ball type.

3] I purchased 1500+ Prov1s last year which were lost and found on a golf course which was on all top-ten lists of Canadian golf courses. All had been found over the previous 2 seasons. Due to the high membership fees of that course I thought at least 40% of them had to be in absolute mint condition. Any scuff or bruise and most of these members would be replacing the ball quickly. WRONG! Less than 20% were in mint condition. Even wealthy people often do not use mint condition balls all the time.

3] if you are a beginner golfer [100+] you probably will not notice the difference between how different golf balls perform . you probably also lose quite a few balls. you will have more money for green fees if you buy my 100 mint quality balls for $25 and $35 which are an ABSOLUTE STEAL. These ball types can also be found in the used ball bins at many golf courses and are generally priced at $1/ball.

4] if you want to know about a specific golf ball the company's web site usually will tell you the differences between their balls re suitable swing speeds, spin etc, etc. GolfWRX members also regularily review different golf balls as do those on thesandtrap.

Look forward to seeing you soon, Don Craig 905-731-0491

Last edited by seetrout699; Mar 3, 2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Dec 2015 update
seetrout699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 04:29 PM   #2
FATZ
Tour Pro

Default Re: Seetrout699 -All About Golf Balls-I am Proud to be a Sponsor

Welcome back as a sponsor sir!

Nothing but great things to say about Don and his selection!

Always a treat to meet up, hand pick my ProV1X's and shoot the shyte with Don.

Great guy and always a great deal. Highly recommended for good grade ProV1's.
FATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 07:26 AM   #3
Playthru
Tour Pro

Good luck with your new ventures Don. Always great doing business with you!
Tom
Playthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 03:10 PM   #4
L8NVR
Low Handicapper

do you carry other types, such as pentas or bridgestone rx's.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 03:21 PM   #5
seetrout699
Sponsor

Thank you Nick. Always enjoy getting together. Enjoyed your U-Tube videos. Can see why you hit it far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATZ View Post
Welcome back as a sponsor sir!

Nothing but great things to say about Don and his selection!

Always a treat to meet up, hand pick my ProV1X's and shoot the shyte with Don.

Great guy and always a great deal. Highly recommended for good grade ProV1's.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 03:23 PM   #6
seetrout699
Sponsor

Thank you Tom. Likewise. Keep playing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru View Post
Good luck with your new ventures Don. Always great doing business with you!
Tom
Old Aug 4, 2012, 03:35 PM   #7
seetrout699
Sponsor

Thank you for asking.

It would be unusual for me to advertise Pentas, B330s, Z Stars or Callaway Tours. I get a very limited number of each of those . Usually maximum availability of any of those in Mint condition would be about a dozen. Often I am saving them for someone. Each of the above are $1.00 except for the Pentas which are $1.25. If you want me to save any for you personal message me [or email me preferably] letting me know how many you want and I will do my best. It will probably take a while though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8NVR View Post
do you carry other types, such as pentas or bridgestone rx's.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 07:26 PM   #8
olmanracer
Tour Pro

I can vouch for mint quality balls Don has sold to me in the past. Stay away when he's getting low on ProV1X's, I need them. I probably purchased the same balls I lost last month, lol.

Good luck Don, thanks for making my golf a little more affordable.
olmanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 08:30 PM   #9
FATZ
Tour Pro

I'm about 60-70 yards behind One16th & KesslySnipes though ;-)

But some of the feedback and work in the dirt this week certainly helped big time.

I'll have to grab a dozen soon just to shoot the breeze with ya Don!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seetrout699 View Post
Thank you Nick. Always enjoy getting together. Enjoyed your U-Tube videos. Can see why you hit it far.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 08:34 PM   #10
FATZ
Tour Pro

Theys be my ProV1X's now boy.....

I might have to tilt with ya when he gets low on those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmanracer View Post
I can vouch for mint quality balls Don has sold to me in the past. Stay away when he's getting low on ProV1X's, I need them. I probably purchased the same balls I lost last month, lol.

Old Aug 4, 2012, 09:59 PM   #11
cjcruz
Tour Pro

Great to have you back as a sponsor Don.
Mizuno
MP 59 5-PW, S5 52, 56 & 60 - KBS Tour S
Scotty Cameron
Newport 3
cjcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:18 AM   #12
seetrout699
Sponsor

You are welcome **** and thank you. Play often and well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmanracer View Post

Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:20 AM   #13
seetrout699
Sponsor

Thanks Chris, keep playing well and do not work so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcruz View Post
Great to have you back as a sponsor Don.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 09:41 PM   #14
crazyballa9999
Tour Pro

Dons a rock star....I got free balls this year and still dipped in to his dangerously delightful stash of goodies

Steve
crazyballa9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:20 AM   #15
SwingingSticks
Tour Pro

First class gentleman and ball seller here, folks. Always early for meet-ups, and condition is always exactly as described. After all, you get to select your own balls. And we always spark a quick little chat about golf and whatnot.
Don, remember where to go when your current gym membership expires
SwingingSticks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:46 AM   #16
imAnewbie
Tour Pro

Nice to see as a Sponsor now Don! Always had a great transaction with you! If you need golf balls he's your guy! I might get a bunch of ProVs soon! I'm starting to like em! hehe I still have my stock but I might as wel snatch a good bunch from you soon!
Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
Bettinardi Studio 6
imAnewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:34 AM   #17
seetrout699
Sponsor

Thank you Steve- hope that you are getting lots of time to play and are having fun at work. All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyballa9999 View Post
Dons a rock star....I got free balls this year and still dipped in to his dangerously delightful stash of goodies

Steve
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:36 AM   #18
seetrout699
Sponsor

Thanks Alex. Hope you are staying in shape, both in the gym and on the golf course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingingSticks View Post
First class gentleman and ball seller here, folks. Always early for meet-ups, and condition is always exactly as described. After all, you get to select your own balls. And we always spark a quick little chat about golf and whatnot.
Don, remember where to go when your current gym membership expires
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:37 AM   #19
seetrout699
Sponsor

Thank you Nino. Always look forward to seeing you. Hope you are playing well - if you are hitting them too straight it will cost me. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imAnewbie View Post
Nice to see as a Sponsor now Don! Always had a great transaction with you! If you need golf balls he's your guy! I might get a bunch of ProVs soon! I'm starting to like em! hehe I still have my stock but I might as wel snatch a good bunch from you soon!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 08:08 PM   #20
seetrout699
Sponsor

2 year update

Quote:
I became a sponsor on this site in July 2012. Since then my golf ball business has grown faster than I ever imagined possible and several hundred of you have purchased golf balls from me. Thank you so much for your business. I enjoy seeing you and hope to see you again soon.

My ad is always in the BUY/SELL/TRADE FORUM of the site under OTHER GOLF EQUIPEMENT under my handle. It is kept up-to-date . The ad can usually be found on the 1st or 2nd page of that section unless I am out of town and unavailable.

1] I started selling used golf balls on a fairly serious basis in January 2012 when I first started purchasing used golf balls in bulk in order to satisfy a large range ball order . Currently about 50% of the balls that I sell are to retail customers, about 10% are to golf courses, about 20% are range balls sold to golf course practice ranges and indoor simulator facilities and about 20% are hit-a-way/cottage balls sold to individuals, driving ranges and summer golf schools. I believe that I am now one of the three largest individual sellers of golf balls in Ontario. Obviously the major retailers and the companies in the used golf ball business sell many more than any individual seller.

2] I obtain all of my golf balls from various sources within Ontario. About 50% are from regular suppliers. The other 50% are from one-off bulk purchase situations such as estate sales, moving sales or what someone has accumulated over several years. I buy balls 12 month of the year, many of them from November to March of each year. If you know anyone who has 500-5000 relatively clean balls for sale please send them my way. I do not think anyone pays more for quality balls than I do -however they are usually not worth anywhere near what the owner thinks they are worth. There are not many buyers out there of 5,000 balls at once. Most of the balls that I sell each year were balls that were lost and found the previous golf season.

Generally I have 20,000- 25,000 balls in inventory. About 50% of those are either to be sold as range balls or cottage/hit-a-way balls. Often I have 3,000-5,000 prov1s in stock, and 5,000-7,000 balls for the $25 and $35 hundred ball packages. It is increasingly obvious that no matter how many golf balls that I purchase pretty well every other ball type will often be in short supply .

3] Currently none of the golf balls that I purchase are mined from ponds by divers or dredging companes etc.

3] I sell mint quality golf balls of all types for 20-33% of what the major retailers charge. Furthermore you may pick and choose.

4] My golf ball sources keep improving and expanding. Having said that even though many of the golf balls that I obtain are from some of the best golf courses in Ontario these purchases often yield less than 1% of many mint quality ball types [ including virtually all tour level balls except for prov1s]. As a result there are many ball types which are almost always in short supply or sold out so if you do see them advertised you may want to get them while they are still available. These include tour level balls just introduced during current year, all b330s, all z stars, all Callaway hexs or their latest offerings, all Taylormades high-ends including pentas, lethals and their latest offerings, all mid-range to tour level yellow balls and all e- series balls.

4] I am a serious golfer myself. I think that I can accurately advertise the condition of golf balls in my ads, but in the event you disagree you may reject the ball.

5] I do not ship or do sight unseen sales for a variety of reasons including - my margins are already thin, my supply of certain items is often limited and there is far more time and effort involved [in shipping transactions] than a one man operation can handle , especially for someone who likes to golf frequently . SORRY TO THE MANY WHO HAVE ASKED.

6] Also I do not deliver or nor do I do meet-ups outside of my very immediate vicinity except in very rare and exceptional situations. Many of my customers end up buying something completely different or additional to what they planned on purchasing when they came and I can not bring most of the balls with me . My fragile back does not like lifting heavy containers of golf balls in and out of the car.

7] At least 80% of my retail business {golfers vs. golf courses] was originally sourced on TGN. Most of the rest come from Kijiji and Craigslist where I also advertise.

8] About 50% of my customers also buy for friends, for family or for co-workers or bring someone new along with them when they come. THANK YOU!

8] Every retail customer that I have pays the same price, my prices seldom change other than maybe January 1st, although I do occasionally offer a pre-packaged deal or a ball bonus deal if you spend a certain amount. I think that generally speaking my prices are as low as those offered by any regular vendors in the GTA. Whether you buy 12 balls or 1200 balls at once you will pay the same price per ball. I know that this has cost me many several hundred ball deals, usually for Prov1s. So be it. None of my retail customers will ever be able to say that someone else got a better deal than they did. The price is the price, I do not negotiate the price and both you and I know that you are getting a great deal when you buy my golf balls. If in doubt please comparison price shop everywhere that you can think of. I do this more for fun than for profit, the profit does not change my lifestyle and I am not trying to get absolute top dollar for the balls that I sell.

9] I am in my mid 60's and a technology retard and am still in the very dark ages in some ways. I do not have a cell phone. I do not take or provide pictures. But I do answer my emails and phone messages promptly and am very available to get together, often on very short notice, unless I am golfing.

1] various studies have shown that golf balls that are not kept in extreme cold or heat or water for extended periods of time lose very little of their original abilities [distance, spin etc.] even over several years.

2] unless you play at the PGA tour level you probably will not notice any performance difference between a new ball and a mint condition used ball or even a slightly scuffed ball of the same ball type.

3] if you are a beginner golfer [100+] you probably will not notice the difference between how different golf balls perform until you have played more and improve a little. you probably also lose quite a few balls. you will have more money for green fees if you buy my 100 mint quality balls for $25 and $35 which are an ABSOLUTE STEAL.

4] if you want to know whether a specific golf ball is for you the company's web site usually will tell you the differences between their balls re suitable swing speeds, spin etc, etc.

Last edited by seetrout699; Nov 25, 2014 at 06:49 AM. Reason: 2 year update
Old Dec 12, 2015, 09:48 AM   #21
seetrout699
Sponsor

bump-up
Quote:
DECEMBER 2015 2ND UPDATE FROM ORIGINAL

I became a sponsor on this site in July 2012. Since then my golf ball business has grown faster than I ever imagined possible . I enjoy seeing you and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your business. And a very special thank you to those who have mentioned my name in almost every golf ball thread in the "hot deals section" including the Wallmart and Target threads. These threads have had thousands of viewings , many of those viewers have made it over to read my ad for the first time.

My ad is always in the BUY/SELL/TRADE FORUM of the site under OTHER GOLF EQUIPMENT under my handle. It is kept up-to-date . The ad can usually be found on the 1st or 2nd page of that section unless I am unavailable.

THE BEST REASONS TO BUY MY GOLF BALLS

- my prices for used balls are the cheapest in almost every ball type/category in the GTA- also my selection is probably as extensive as that offered by any individual seller
- in most cases you get to pick and choose those which you like the best- as a rule I seldom pre-package
-you are usually able to purchase mint quality balls for 20-35% of retail

REASONS NOT TO BUY MY GOLF BALLS

-your family or your promotion item closet at work keeps you fully stocked with new balls
-you wish to support your local pro
- vanity will not allow you to use used balls
-I often do not have what you want [try me in February!!]
-you are afraid used balls will not perform as well as new -I have several plus handicap golfers who buy from me regularily and they have not noticed any difference in performance whatsoever
-the fact that you can save $100-$500 or more on golf balls is completely irrelevent to you

1] I started selling used golf balls on a fairly serious basis in January 2012 when I first started purchasing used golf balls in bulk in order to satisfy a large range ball order . Currently about 50% of the balls that I sell are to retail customers, about 10% are to golf courses, about 20% are range balls sold to golf course driving ranges and indoor simulator facilities and about 20% are hit-a-way/cottage balls sold to individuals, driving ranges and golf schools. I believe that I am now one of the three largest individual sellers of used golf balls in Ontario, which probably means in Canada as well. Obviously the major retailers and the companies in the used golf ball business sell many more than any individual seller.

2] I obtain all of my golf balls from various sources within Ontario. Well over 85,000 balls in 2015. About 50% are from regular suppliers. The other 50% are from one-off bulk purchase situations such as estate sales, moving sales or what someone has accumulated over several years. I buy balls 12 month of the year, many of them from November to March of each year. If you know anyone who has 500-5000 balls for sale please send them my way. Golf balls get less valuable over time as new models are introduced. There are not many buyers out there of 5,000 balls at once and from my observation they all pay less than I do.

3]Most of the balls that I sell each year were balls that were lost and found the previous golf season.

Generally I have 20,000- 25,000 balls in inventory. About 50% of those are either to be sold as range balls or cottage/hit-a-way balls. Often I have 3,000-5,000 prov1s in stock, and 5,000-7,000 balls for the $25 and $35 hundred ball packages. It is increasingly obvious that no matter how many golf balls that I purchase pretty well every other mid-range ball to tour level ball will often be in short supply due to demand exceeding supply [probably due to underpricing].

4] I sell mint quality golf balls of all types for 20-33% of what the major retailers charge. Furthermore you may pick and choose. With the exception of tour level balls any ball that is scuffed or bruised or discolored is sold as a range ball or as a hit-a-way. Imperfect tour level balls[especially prov1s] are usually available for sale at reduced prices.

5] My golf ball sources keep improving and expanding. Having said that even though many of the golf balls that I obtain are from some of the best golf courses in Ontario these purchases often yield less than 1% of many mint quality ball types [ including virtually all tour level balls except for prov1s]. As a result there are many ball types which are almost always in short supply or sold out so if you do see them advertised you may want to get them while they are still available. These include tour level balls just introduced during current year, all b330s, all z stars, all Callaway hexs or their latest offerings, all Taylormades high-ends including pentas, lethals and their latest offerings, all mid-range to tour level tour yellow balls and all e- series balls.

6] I am a serious golfer myself. I think that I can accurately advertise the condition of golf balls in my ads, but in the event you disagree you may reject the ball. Except for range balls, hit-a-ways and the occasional package deal nothing I sell is pre-packaged, you may pick and choose what you buy. As a technology retard I do not use photos.

7] I do not ship or do sight unseen sales for a variety of reasons including - my margins are already thin, my supply of certain items is often limited and there is far more time and effort involved [in shipping transactions] than a one man operation can handle , especially for someone who likes to golf frequently . SORRY TO THE MANY WHO HAVE ASKED. [late note- mint prov1s being shipped this year till Feb 28th only -minimum purchase $100]

8] No deliveries, no meet-ups. For several reasons I also do not deliver or nor do I do meet-ups outside of my very immediate vicinity except in very rare and exceptional situations. During the golf season often I have several appointments scheduled within a very tight time-frame. Gas and delivery costs also quickly eliminate any small profits. Many of my customers end up buying something completely different or additional to what they planned on purchasing when they came. Often what was likely a $25 sale becomes a $50 sale and often when the customer likes what he sees he phones his buddy to see if they want something as well. I can only bring a small fraction of the balls with me in the car . Furthermore my fragile back does not like lifting heavy containers of golf balls in and out of the car. [note- I am doing very limited shipping this year on mint prov1s from Nov -Feb 28th only]

9] At least 80% of my retail business {golfers vs. golf courses] was originally sourced on TGN. Most of the rest come from Kijiji and Craigslist where I also advertise.

10] About 50% of my customers also buy for friends, for family or for co-workers when they come or bring someone new along with them . THANK YOU!

11] Every retail customer that I have pays the same price, my prices seldom change other than maybe January 1st . I do occasionally offer a pre-packaged deal or a ball bonus deal if you spend a certain amount. I think that generally speaking my prices are as low [or lower] as those offered by any regular vendors in the GTA. Whether you buy 12 balls or 1200 balls at once you will pay the same price per ball. I know that this inflexibility has cost me several large ball deals, especially for prov1s. So be it. None of my retail customers will ever be able to say that someone else got a better deal than they did. The price is the price, sorry I do not negotiate the price. I have no difficulty in selling every ball that I obtain at the asking price. I know, and more importantly you know, that you are getting a great deal when you buy my golf balls. I do this more for fun and to keep busy, than for profit, the profit does not change my lifestyle and I am not trying to get absolute top dollar for every ball that I sell.

1] various studies have shown that golf balls that are not kept in extreme cold or heat or water for extended periods of time lose very little if any of their original abilities [distance, spin etc.] even over several years.

2] unless you play at the PGA tour level you probably will not notice any performance difference between a new ball and a mint used ball or even a slightly scuffed ball of the same ball type.

3] I purchased 1500+ Prov1s last year which were lost and found on a golf course which was on all top-ten lists of Canadian golf courses. All had been found over the previous 2 seasons. Due to the high membership fees of that course I thought at least 40% of them had to be in absolute mint condition. Any scuff or bruise and most of these members would be replacing the ball quickly. WRONG! Less than 20% were in mint condition. Even wealthy people often do not use mint condition balls all the time.

3] if you are a beginner golfer [100+] you probably will not notice the difference between how different golf balls perform . you probably also lose quite a few balls. you will have more money for green fees if you buy my 100 mint quality balls for $25 and $35 which are an ABSOLUTE STEAL. These ball types can also be found in the used ball bins at many golf courses and are generally priced at $1/ball.

4] if you want to know about a specific golf ball the company's web site usually will tell you the differences between their balls re suitable swing speeds, spin etc, etc. GolfWRX members also regularily review different golf balls as do those on thesandtrap.

Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:23 PM   #22
Weirfan
Tour Pro

Met Don a couple weeks ago and had a wonderful chat, seems we're from the same small , home town.

Great guy who offers an excellent service . Highly recommended.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:58 AM   #23
ice1124
Club Pro

Don is my go-to source for my golf balls. Last time I saw him, I bought twice the number of balls than what I planned because the balls were in great condition! I'll contact you again sometime next year Don!
ice1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2016, 07:54 PM   #24
nguyend
Duffer

Drove to buy some golf balls off Don today. His stock was great and the prices was even better. Lets you pick out your balls and helps you find good ones. Thanks again Don!
nguyend is offline   Reply With Quote