Collapse

Cover Letter for School

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Letter for School

I am wondering if someone can help me. I have applied to both Humber College and Niagara College for this coming September for the Golf Course Management Program. Niagara sent me something in the mail stating that due to the volume of applicants I would have to send them a Cover Letter and Resume along with a letter or reference from a CPGA Professional. I have everything done except the Cover Letter but I am at a loss for words. It asks for a "Cover Letter outlining your career Objectives and reasons for your interest in the Golf Management Program." That's all well and good but I don't know how to start it and what else I should talk about. Could anyone help me on this? PLEASE!
    What's In My Bag?
    Taylormade R7 425 TP 9.5° w/Accra SC60 Stiff
    Cleveland Hibore 15° w/ Aldila VS 65g stiff
    Nike Covert Tour Hybrid Flex Loft w/ Kuro Kage 80g stiff
    Titleist 690CB 2 iron w/ True Temper DG S300
    Titleist 690MB PW-3 w/ True Temper DG S300
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52° W/ True Temper DG S300
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 56° W/ True Temper DG S200
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Gun Blue Laguna 34"

Re: Cover Letter for School

Felsteinb,
    I've just been accepted into a doctoral program and have sat on undergraduate review committees. I'd be happy to share with you my letter(s) and help you with yours. Today is month end at work so I may be there late and I have to work tomorrow too. But I can likely help you on Sunday. If you'd like a copy of mine send me an email then on Sunday I can help edit anything you've got. I think me explaining the guidelines I follow and showing you my letter and how i've implemented those ideas will give you a solid foundation to be able to come up with something good.

The thing I've learned the most is to appeal to specifics of the program. When I reviewed undergraduate applications, the most impressive ones were those who knew details about the program and had considered how those details fit within their objectives - that way you've created a personal letter without being cliche. The ones that were not impressive were those letters we called "legally blonde" - or those ones that had so much personal background and attempted to put all your heartstrings in an ultra lame way.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by thekathrynorchard; Jan 26, 2007, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
    X