My Swing - 2 drives

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Swing - 2 drives

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
    Since I want to know for my own knowledge and game improvement I will be getting a flight scope, hopefully soon.
    I might know a guy who works for flightscope....

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
      Here is why people crap on your thread. Most people that post a swing video do so without the brag. When you boast like this, it's all people see. BTW, I'm not sure how you know how far your ball carried when it was 335yds away, but whatever. You're welcome to come out with us anytime at Dalewood.
      So I need to have a garbage drive and only post that? It isn't bragging. Like I said, I took 2 videos on Sunday, those happened to be them. If I snap hooked the ball it would need to be known, and same thing if it went well. The ball flight IS far more important than the way the swing looks. You can either critique the sing or say nothing, but 3 pages of garbage did nothing to help me. But I am done with this, it's going nowhere.

I had a pretty good guess on carry, since it landed on a steep uphill by the tree., probably not much roll.

I'm in Ajax now, so Dalewood isn't that bad of a drive. I'd love to come out. i'm always down for a round, and have't played there before.
      Callaway Blayne Standbag:
      TaylorMade M1 9.5*
      TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
      TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
      TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
      Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
      5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
      Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
      Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
      Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
        I might know a guy who works for flightscope....
        And I am hoping to set something up soon. Just moved, so it will have to wait qa bit, no time and moving can get surprisingly expensive!
        TaylorMade M1 9.5*
        TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
        Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Since I want to know for my own knowledge and game improvement I will be getting a flight scope, hopefully soon. So you can see it then, will that stop all the crap?

This thread got hijacked and crapped on very quick with little advice given. Thanks for that.
          Remember, when you ask for free advice, you get what you pay for...

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
          TM SLDR 10.5*
          TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
          TM Rescue 22*
          4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
          Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
          Ping Ketch
          Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
            Remember, when you ask for free advice, you get what you pay for...
            Ain't that the truth!!!

TaylorMade M1 9.5*
            TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
            Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

So I need to have a garbage drive and only post that? It isn't bragging. Like I said, I took 2 videos on Sunday, those happened to be them. If I snap hooked the ball it would need to be known, and same thing if it went well. The ball flight IS far more important than the way the swing looks. You can either critique the sing or say nothing, but 3 pages of garbage did nothing to help me. But I am done with this, it's going nowhere.
              I agree the thread got derailed.
              But the problem might have been with the result.
              Bear with me for a minute...
              Let's say someone with a swing that looked like Tommy Gainey's got posted, and he asked for feedback without additional information on the result... well, he's likely to get a myriad of advice/tips.
              Same situation, but provides the extra: This went 300+ yards and straight.
              Well, that changes things.
              There are some ugly swings that produce good results... would you be inclined to change them if they worked for that person? (not saying your swing is ugly... just trying to make a point)

Regardless of how a swing looks, if someone hits it 300+ yards and straight, I'm not going to be inclined to suggest anything.

Personally, I thought your posture was a bit off (didn't look balanced to me), and I thought you were reaching for the ball with your arms.
              My hunch is, when you miss it, you can spray it (like 1 fairway over, both directions).
              Ideally, I would advise your arms hanging more straight down from your shoulders, and essentially, a more neutral set up position. (it looks to me you bend a hair more from the waist than from the hips, which could cause the slightly hunched/rounded shoulder look at address)
              I would think that would give you a more repeatable result from your swing.
              The fact that the two swings you posted had a variance of 40+ yards with the same club says a lot about repeatability, and the lack thereof.
              How do you play a course with that much variation in one clubs distance?
              i.e. imagine a 30 yard spread with your 7 iron. I would think that would be tough to play with.

But you didn't ask about that... and you didn't post a swing with a typical miss... so it's difficult to give much advice.
              So, the result does matter... because if something isn't broken, what is there to fix?

Personally, if I were posting a swing for analysis, I wouldn't post my best result of the day, or the worst... I would post something in the middle... perhaps with my most typical miss.
              Last edited by Pubknight; May 1, 2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Dood here's the thing....

There are plenty of 'swing videos' on here that the creditable guys (nick,Aqeel) chime in on and give good advice.. Those videos are "this is my swing what do you think? Or any help would be appreciated" because sometimes small tips CAN make the world of a difference..

BUT.. These people DO NOT boast in 90% of they're threads saying how far they hit..(or think they can) do I really care if you hit it 340? NO am I tired of hearing about it YES..

I know one16th has a flight that as tiger said about Gary woodland "I've never seen that shot before" have you seen one thread about him saying how long he is?

I also know Racmbs can get up and down from god knows where.. Do you see him starting threads about that?

I know luvtogolow makes putts with his eyes closed (and sometimes on one foot ) is he starting threads about that?

NO..

So If you want "pointers" post and ask don't boast.. I you really want to get better, give Nik or Aqeel a call..(sorry to the other instructors I don't know you)

IF you do hit it 340 with that swing, I'd hate to see how far you hit it with proper rotation back and threw the ball, and straighter lines with your leading arm.. And proper grip (again I'm not an instructor)

And as P25 said there an open invitation to Dalewood for you to come out with us.. I can probably take videos as good as you buddy
                Epic 10.5 - Elements
                Epic 3 wood - Elements
                Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
                King MB - Recoil Prototype
                Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
                Lamb Allendale
                https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

Originally posted by Pubknight View Post

Personally, I thought your posture was a bit off (didn't look balanced to me), and I thought you were reaching for the ball with your arms.
                  My hunch is, when you miss it, you can spray it (like 1 fairway over, both directions).
                  Ideally, I would advise your arms hanging more straight down from your shoulders, and essentially, a more neutral set up position. (it looks to me you bend a hair more from the waist than from the hips, which could cause the slightly hunched/rounded shoulder look at address)
                  I would think that would give you a more repeatable result from your swing.
                  The fact that the two swings you posted had a variance of 40+ yards with the same club says a lot about repeatability, and the lack thereof.
                  How do you play a course with that much variation in one clubs distance?
                  i.e. imagine a 30 yard spread with your 7 iron. I would think that would be tough to play with.

But you didn't ask about that... and you didn't post a swing with a typical miss... so it's difficult to give much advice.
                  So, the result does matter... because if something isn't broken, what is there to fix?

Personally, if I were posting a swing for analysis, I wouldn't post my best result of the day, or the worst... I would post something in the middle... perhaps with my most typical miss.
                  Thanks!

Thats the stuff I don't notice. And yes, if I do miss hit it can go left or right and it can go FAR either way. The long one was just luck, will probably be my best drive of the year. I'll take some notes and hit the range on Friday. I do feel like I am reaching for the ball in my set up, I'll try to drop my hands a bit and see what happens.

I only have those 2 swing videos, so I have nothing else to post
                  TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                  TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                  Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by pix40 View Post

And as P25 said there an open invitation to Dalewood for you to come out with us.. I can probably take videos as good as you buddy
                    I'm in, Maybe a month or so from now, may's looking pretty busy, but if I open up I'll let you know. I love to golf with new guys and new courses!

And yes you could do better with drunk with your eyes shut!!
                    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                    Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

I'm in, Maybe a month or so from now, may's looking pretty busy, but if I open up I'll let you know. I love to golf with new guys and new courses!

And yes you could do better with drunk with your eyes shut!!

Dalewood is a solid track. You'll like it, and when you consider how long it takes to get to Royal Ashburn or Watson's Glen from Ajax even, it's not that far. Great value for money, and the conditioning and pace are amazing.

If you have a sick day, you could always use one up tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post

Dalewood is a solid track. You'll like it, and when you consider how long it takes to get to Royal Ashburn or Watson's Glen from Ajax even, it's not that far. Great value for money, and the conditioning and pace are amazing.

If you have a sick day, you could always use one up tomorrow!
                        HAHA, I am saving my remaining "sick" days for the warmer weather. Got in a bad accident in Jan, so I used a bunch of them before my short term disability kicked in.

We'll get out soon for sure though.
                        TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                        TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                        Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Check out Gary's swing at the top of his back swing. Does that look like a swing that pounds it 300yards+? There are different ways to generate power in a golf swing and you can't judge somebody's distance base on the look of their swing per se.

Comment

Put up Gary's impact pics and you'll see why.
                            Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
                                Put up Gary's impact pics and you'll see why.
                                Exactly....with his driver he is Hogan at impact. Low right shoulder, lot's of right arm left to give, it's impressive....

Studying Woodland's impact helped me get my driving distance back last year.
                                I like big putts and I cannot lie
                                You other putters can't deny
                                That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                                You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X