Collapse

The dreaded 4-putt

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The dreaded 4-putt

Its ok.... he redeemed himself before he even did it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

St. Louis Blues forward TJ Oshie makes a great move to score on Jets goalie Al Montoya in the shootout.

St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie makes a great move on Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ray Emery to score in the shootout on 4/1/14.

Full shootout Chicago Blackhawks vs St. Louis Blues 12/28/13 NHL Hockey.SHOOTOUTROUND ST. LOUIS BLUES CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS TOTAL1T.J. Oshie Jonathan Toews 1 - ...
    Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
    3W - Taylormade M4
    5 wood - Callaway X Hot
    4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
    Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
    Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
      I don't recall a 4 putt ever but I did make DB on par 5 #7 at Oakridge earlier this year after making the green in 2. Yup, 5 putt. In fairness I was on front right, pin was back right (very deep green) and there is a swale halfway back. Trouble started when first putt didn't get over the top of the swale leaving a 50 foot 2nd putt. Then I just got rattled.

I normally 2 putt or better.
      I'll give you credit for finishing the hole...I'd be picking it up after 4 putts.

Comment

When this happens, there is a pretty consistent chain of events.

Shock, disbelief, anger, frustration. All resulting in a complete loss of concentration.

In fact when you miss that gimme, it's time to focus big time and not succumb to an emotional collapse.

Not easy for club chuckers, but the game of golf requires emotional control.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
          Wasn't a boast. I've tracked my putts per hole for years ans it's been a steady 1.9. My problem is not making enough GIR.
          Also at 1.9 per hole over the last 3 years (when I started tracking), but sit at 2.08 per GIR, Need to get the GIR up and the GIR putts below 2 and I will be happy with my game.

It's funny, I'm not really a stats guy, but really am starting to enjoy golf stats as my sample size is getting more relevant.
          Callaway Blayne Standbag:
          TaylorMade M1 9.5*
          TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
          TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
          TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
          Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
          5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
          Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
          Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
          Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

My last 4 putt was 2 years ago in Edmonton. Was on a par 4 in 2 and doubled the hole. What a sick feeling. And not the good sick.

Comment

Had myself a 4 putt yesterday at Blue Springs. Hole number 13, Pin was up on the tier back left.

Started with a chip from over the back that i thought was going to be about 5 ft long that caught the ridge and ended up at the front. After watching my friend leave 2 putts short, I hammered mine 10 ft passed the hole. My subsequent putt was too hard, and went right back to where my first putt was. I proceeded to lip out my next putt back up the hill, and tap-in for a 9.

My friend, who was putting from the fringe for 3, finished with an 8.

Comment

Royal Ashburn about six weeks ago I four putted 7 AND 16.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X