Re: Adams Golf HQ Closes It's Doors - Adidas Cuts 15% of Workforce

The two areas that TM wanted to get into were ladies,seniors and hybrid
    technology..Adams gave them that..job accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by northernpro View Post
      The two areas that TM wanted to get into were ladies,seniors and hybrid
      technology..Adams gave them that..job accomplished
      And it will continue to serve them well in future.
      WITB
      Callaway Big Bertha Alpha / Fubuki zt Tour / S / 9
      Callaway X2 Hot Pro FW / Aldila Tour Green / S / 13.5
      Callaway X2 Hot Pro Hybrid / Aldila Tour Green / S / 18
      Callaway Apex Pro 4 - PW / UST Recoil 110 / F4
      Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedges / DG S300 / 52, 60
      Scotty Cameron Futura X

Comment

Originally posted by Oakbridge View Post
        Futureshop closed a bunch of stores because buying in the home electronics sector has been hit hardest by the likes of Amazon and the rise in digital media vs. traditional physical media. It's why Sam the Record Man closed. It's why HMV is reducing the number of outlets.
        and my former employer...
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
          A celebrity endorsement is nowhere close to the same thing as TM or any golf company paying a player to rep their brand.

As for bringing Frank D'Angelo into this? it doesn't really relate as Frank spent what his companies, at the time didnt have which is the major difference. He also does everything to make himself look front and center. he is a ME ME ME guy who wants all the spotlight.
          Isn't that exactly what a celebrity endorsement is? Saying that they use that brand?

With one great exception "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer".
          A wonderful ad campaign that made a celebrity of a largely unknown writer/actor portraying a fictional character.

Comment

Here's an article on the risks and benefits of endorsements. Seems to be in line with what most are saying here...not without risk, but the potential value they bring is huge.

The announcement that Accenture has decided to end its marketing relationship with Tiger Woods -- now that the superstar is making headlines for his infidelity and sudden break from the sport of golf -- is raising larger doubts about the strategy of relying on celebrity endorsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
              Isn't that exactly what a celebrity endorsement is? Saying that they use that brand?

A wonderful ad campaign that made a celebrity of a largely unknown writer/actor portraying a fictional character.
              Another exception - the Old Spice guy. Come to think of it I like the fictional celebrities way more than the real ones.
              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
              Srixon Star XV
              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

You mean it's not Miguel Angel Jimenez?

Comment

****'s Sporting Goods announced that they are getting out of the golf business.

"****’s took a $14.3 million impairment charge on its golf trademarks and wrote down $2.4 million worth of clubs, balls, and apparel. The company also forked out $3.7 million in severance, as it laid off almost all of almost 500 of its in-store golf pros in July and started folding some of its 79 stand-alone Golf Galaxy brand stores into its larger “****’s” locations.“These changes are necessitated by the current and expected trends in golf,” Chief Executive Officer Edward Stack said in a statement on Tuesday morning."

Comment

Forum won't let me post the word "Dik" with a C before the K. It's Dik's Sporting Goods.

Comment

I was in a Dyck's store for the first time last week. Found their prices quite high.
                      I like big putts and I cannot lie
                      You other putters can't deny
                      That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                      You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

So is everyone heading down to Walden Galleria this week to see what's on sale????

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                          I was in a Dyck's store for the first time last week. Found their prices quite high.
                          I agree. I'm a regular visitor but rarely buy anything. Same goes for Golf Galaxy. I used to buy grips there but they have gone up in price too. They at least have some decent used clubs depending on the store. Recently I stayed near a Golfsmith and found their prices just as high.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                            I agree. I'm a regular visitor but rarely buy anything. Same goes for Golf Galaxy. I used to buy grips there but they have gone up in price too. They at least have some decent used clubs depending on the store. Recently I stayed near a Golfsmith and found their prices just as high.
                            Who's cheaper?
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X