Collapse

Singh takes a shot at Tiger

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singh takes a shot at Tiger

World #1 VJ Singh gave his own reasons for Tigers bismal season. He claims Tiger hasn't gotten used to the change in his body to match his swing. He says as Tiger gets older, you slow down a bit and that he's not the same Tiger 4 years ago. VJ also said that he has changed his swing numerous times to go with his age. Interesting...is this critisizing Tiger? Or is it just the fact that Tiger's been concentrating on other things lately? ie: wedding...Maybe, what do you think?
    "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
    Winston Churchill

I heard about those commments......I'm pretty sure VJ didn't mean any disrespect by it, but Tiger make take offense or it maybe a blow to his pride telling the former #1 how to hit a golf ball....I have a feeling it's gonna add some fuel to the fire between the two......heh heh......

What's kinda odd is I've been playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 and I've already played 2004.......and both games have Vijay Singh in them.....isn't kinda odd that VJ would lend his name to a game named after Tiger Woods? ahaha........
    Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

Comment

I would like to see a heated rivalry between VJ and Tiger. Sort of like our own little rivalry...except with us, I always beat the crap out of you...hehe

I also think Tiger Woods 2005 is licensed by the PGA. So thats why they have all the tour players. They just use Tiger for marketing purposes. Even if Tiger is the title sponsor, I don't think he would go so low to leave VJ out.
      "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
      Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh
        Even if Tiger is the title sponsor, I don't think he would go so low to leave VJ out.
        Perhaps not, but they sorta shafted VJ in the game........they made him one of the easier players to beat in the game and not like he's the real #1 or even #2 or #3 when the game came out......hehe......Parnevik, Ricky Barnes, and Rich Beem are all ahead of him for crying out loud!

Comment

It's just part of being a Professional Player

I heard about the body changing as one of the reasons why Tiger isn't doing as well but not from Vijay Singh, I think it was Tiger's former coach being interviewed. I wondered at the time if body change was something that is known to change a person's swing too. If Vijay is talking from personal experience, it sounds like he's relating more to Tiger than trying to give a shot.

I don't think Vijay Singh was trying to be disrespectful, and if Tiger can take offence to it then he's not cut out to be playing professional sports. Great players always have their games analyzed, he has to take it with the profession.

Comment

I agree with Ego and Ems on this one. I don't think VJ was taking a shot at Tiger. I'm sure VJ was just giving his perspective since he has no reason to disrespect him. Maybe the media took his words out of context or maybe they would also like to see a rivalry between the two like Focker is suggesting. Tiger is still Number 1 in my eyes. No one can take away his accomplishments thus far in his golf career.
            You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
            Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
            Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
            Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of the Beach
              Tiger is still Number 1 in my eyes. No one can take away his accomplishments thus far in his golf career.
              HERE HERE!!

Comment

Singh loves to stick in the needle whether Tiger or anyone else. Good fun!
                In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5
                  Singh loves to stick in the needle whether Tiger or anyone else. Good fun!
                  Singh seems to be the better player this year. Tiger doesn't seem to be able to keep the ball on the fairway.

Comment

Re: Singh takes a shot at Tiger

Hehehe, if you only knew what was coming up

Comment

Originally posted by Ego Woods
                      HERE HERE!!
                      That's very true, Did you notice at the U.S. open on Sunday tiger had that body fitting mock on, didn't realize he was so cut, not a cm. of fat on that guy, I don't think I would be interested in taking a shot at him, built like a brick wall, he's 30 year's old, he's going to break every record out there in the next 10 year's, like him or not, he will do for and has done for golf that no one-else will ever come close, not in our lifetime!!.
                      Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                      Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                      Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                      Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                      Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                      Pro V1x Left Dash
                      Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                      Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

it doesn't seem like Tiger has the fire in him this year. It reminds me of Andre Agassi. he was a great tennis player, but as soon as he married what's her name, he never won again. Could this be happening to Tiger as well????????

Could his focus not all be there????

Comment

Originally posted by the_har
                          it doesn't seem like Tiger has the fire in him this year. It reminds me of Andre Agassi. he was a great tennis player, but as soon as he married what's her name, he never won again. Could this be happening to Tiger as well????????

Not a chance, look at his face when they have the camera is on him, this guy wants to win, Jack never won everything in sight and when you look at what each has done up to the age of 30 Tiger is ahead, Jack went for a long time without winning a major let alone a win on PGA tour when he was playing, I said it once and III say it again, like him or not this guy has done for golf and will do for golf what no one else will ever match, not in our life times, also what he gives back to kids is something else!!. The year is not over yet! I wonder how many of us would not put a five on him to win the British Open! and a few other tourney's before the year is done.
                          Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                          Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                          Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                          Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                          Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                          Pro V1x Left Dash
                          Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                          Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by hannah
                            Not a chance, look at his face when they have the camera is on him, this guy wants to win, Jack never won everything in sight and when you look at what each has done up to the age of 30 Tiger is ahead, Jack went for a long time without winning a major let alone a win on PGA tour when he was playing, I said it once and III say it again, like him or not this guy has done for golf and will do for golf what no one else will ever match, not in our life times, also what he gives back to kids is something else!!. The year is not over yet! I wonder how many of us would not put a five on him to win the British Open! and a few other tourney's before the year is done.
                            I'm not disagreeing with you on that point. What Tiger has done for the game of golf is unbelievable. He is phenomanal (spelling????). But when you see him play, he makes mistakes now that would have been impossible if not highly unlikely of him to do 3 or so years ago. So what i'm wondering is that is his family life and maybe other things distracting him???

Comment

Originally posted by the_har

He's won 4 majors since his wedding in 2004. I guess the answer to your question is NO.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X