Courses in Tucson, Arizona

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courses in Tucson, Arizona

Hey Nuts,

I'm off to Arizona for the week, and was wondering if you all had any suggestions for courses to play in Tucson.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Whats In the Titleist Leightweight 14-Way

Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Titleist 915F
    Titleist 915H
    Titleist AP1 4-W
    Titleist Vokey SM4. 5408, 5810

Titleist Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Station Creek GC

Re: Courses in Tucson, Arizona

Quarry Pines GC in Marana, just north of Tuscon. Not long, not expensive, but challenging and very scenic. Especially the back 9. Fun course.
    Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

For what its worth, if you haven't been to Tucson before and have no special reason to go there, I would avoid the most boring 2 1/2 hour drive in Arizona and stay in the Phoenix area.
      If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

Thanks rpangman, I might just head there on your recommendation.

Re Phoenix, my conference is in Tucson so I'm there for the whole week.

Titleist 915D2 9.5
        Titleist 915F
        Titleist 915H
        Titleist AP1 4-W

Station Creek GC

Comment

Dove Mountain, PGA stop

Comment

I would concur that if you have no other reason for going there, the trip to Tuscon is not worth it. Phoenix area is ideal and if you feel the need to take a drive, go North to Sedona, a pretty drive and once you get there one of the most beautiful places in the world and a couple nice courses to play.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
              I would concur that if you have no other reason for going there, the trip to Tuscon is not worth it. Phoenix area is ideal and if you feel the need to take a drive, go North to Sedona, a pretty drive and once you get there one of the most beautiful places in the world and a couple nice courses to play.
              Didn't realize he had a conference in Tucson. Hey Aconrod, if you have a day when you don't want to play golf, drive less than an hour south east and visit the Kartchner Caverns. They are second only to the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico in terms of grandeur............... Blow your mind.
              If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

With some help from GolfNow, I am playing Quarry Pines today, Ventana Canyon (Canyon Course) tomorrow, and The Views on Sunday.

Will share my thoughts afterwards in case anyone is heading down soon.

All 3 rounds were under $50 each with cart - so that's a good start.

Titleist 915D2 9.5
                Titleist 915F
                Titleist 915H
                Titleist AP1 4-W

Station Creek GC

Comment

Originally posted by aconrod View Post

With some help from GolfNow, I am playing Quarry Pines today, Ventana Canyon (Canyon Course) tomorrow, and The Views on Sunday.

That sounds great , and what a terrific price for this time of year. A doctor who used to work for me went to a conference in Tuscon every year and always spoke highly of Ventana Canyon, enjoy!
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by aconrod View Post

Funny stuff! I'm in Arizona (Phoenix right now) but was in Tucson the last couple days. I played Dove Mountain on the 31st, and Ventana Canyon yesterday! Maybe we crossed paths? I really enjoyed Ventana Canyon, great course. Did you hit any demo clubs on the range?

Comment

Just got back from Tucson last night for a trade show. Got to play some nice courses.

Sewailo - Very nice, service was very good from the bag drop to the starter(who looked grumpy but was good to chat with). The golf course was in immaculate condition and the greens fast. It's the home course for the University of Arizona golf team. We played 36 holes that day.

Quarry Pines - Front 9 was good but the back 9 had some really nice par 3's and views. Somewhat like a sister to Wyndance, built on a old quarry. Some force carries, slightly slower greens than Sewailo. Par 3's were crazy long, there were a couple that were over 220yards. Some blind shots which I didn't care for.

Starr Pass - Beautiful and conditions were also immaculate. It was recommended by one of the staff at Quarry Pines and we were glad he did. The mountain views were spectacular.

All three were within a 15 minute drive from our Hampton North hotel in Tucson.

The Preserve at Saddlebrooke - About a 45 minute drive from our hotel in a retirement community. The views were again spectacular. The course is typical retirement golf course where the fairways feed to the middle so you're almost certain to stay on the fairway unless you hit a major hook or slice.
                      The fairway and greens condition were again great and the patio seating with the view of the mountains was awesome.

All green fees were between US$52-58 plus US$25 replay @ Sewailo.

Starr Pass had a US$109 play all day deal.
                      Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
                      Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
                      Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
                      Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
                      SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                      GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
                      Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
                      Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
                      Bag- Titleist
                      Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment