Collapse

Saw-Whet/Deerfield future?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw-Whet/Deerfield future?

I hear the land was sold and developers are circling like vultures over this area. Any news on when the doors will close?
    Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Re: Saw-Whet/Deerfield future?

There was another thread on the board that stated Saw-Whet had been sold, but not Deerfield. No timeframe was mentioned ??

Comment

Chat about your favourite, best and worse Toronto golf courses. Share experiences or ask questions about Golf Courses and Country Clubs in the GTA, Ontario, Canada, or top golf travel destinations.
      Whats in The Ping Pioneer Bag

Taylormade M1 10.5 Driver
      Taylormade M1 4 wood

Adsms Idea 3 Hybrid
      Taylormade M2 Tour irons 4-PW
      Titleist SM 51/55/60 Wedges

Taylormade Spider Putter

Comment

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

Wow, that's what happens when one doesn't support local businesses.
          Another golf course bites the dust... pretty soon we will all need to travel for 1 hour plus to go golfing

Who needs more housing at the risk of loosing green space ( for parks and sports).
          I hope someone; oakville citizens and the oakville council doesn't give it all away, like toronto and mississauga have done.
          Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by devlin View Post
            Wow, that's what happens when one doesn't support local businesses.
            Another golf course bites the dust... pretty soon we will all need to travel for 1 hour plus to go golfing

Who needs more housing at the risk of loosing green space ( for parks and sports).
            I hope someone; oakville citizens and the oakville council doesn't give it all away, like toronto and mississauga have done.

Oakville charges the highest development fees in the GTA and compared to the other regions and cities they seem like they have a good city planning department to give a bit of green space when constructing these massive developments....

Comment

Originally posted by hbassi View Post
              [/B]

Oakville charges the highest development fees in the GTA and compared to the other regions and cities they seem like they have a good city planning department to give a bit of green space when constructing these massive developments....
              Really are you talking about the same oakville that refused a brand new powerplant right where the polluted water front lands are ( petro canada lands).

It appears that Oakville just wants property taxes. what's the rush to build so much low density housing?
              Dont get me wrong, I dont like the concept of high density development projects (like in toronto), but really, what businesses has or is oakville council devoloping or encouraging?
              Devlin

Comment

I haven't played either course in ages.

Comment

We played Saw-whet for many years. There were many improvements made to the course in the last 6 years. Unfortunately it coincided with the golf market tanking shortly after.
                  We basically stopped when the staff was let go, the restaurant was reduced to finger food and sandwiches, and the proshop moved inside.
                  The numbers just weren't there for them in the last 3 years.
                  When the watermain was installed and transversed the course it was basically an invitation for the owners to open it for development.
                  Conversely I wouldn't miss Deerfield at all.

Comment

Richview was the best of the 3.. sucked when it got sold / developed
                    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Pingnut View Post
                      Richview was the best of the 3.. sucked when it got sold / developed
                      I vaguely remember Richview. Care to remind us where it was located?

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                        Kitty corner to the north west corner of sawhet..
                        TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                        TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                        TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                        Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                        Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                        100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by dekker View Post
                          We played Saw-whet for many years. There were many improvements made to the course in the last 6 years. Unfortunately it coincided with the golf market tanking shortly after.
                          We basically stopped when the staff was let go, the restaurant was reduced to finger food and sandwiches, and the proshop moved inside.
                          The numbers just weren't there for them in the last 3 years.
                          When the watermain was installed and transversed the course it was basically an invitation for the owners to open it for development.
                          Conversely I wouldn't miss Deerfield at all.
                          Used to go there pretty regularly in 2011 and 2012 with their reasonable $30 ish twilight weekend rates. Haven't gone in 2013 after they jacked up their prices! (perhaps to compensate for previous years?)

Next alternative, albeit a bit further, is the Springfield course in Guelph. $35 between 1-3, $30 after 3 pm (on weekends).

Comment

As bad as it sounds to say this, I won't miss either course... haven't done Deerfield since 2011 and have only done it once. Looks like the negativity of the proshop folks didn't help their cause either; heh!

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                              Richview was better than either Saw Whet or Deerfield IMO.

Except for this dumb par 5 which was 7I W W.

Anybody remember Lido ? (SE corner of Bronte and S Service Rd). I believe Vic Hadfield either owned it or was the pro there.
                              Last edited by golfnguru; Jul 3, 2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                              X