Collapse

Srixon 765 Irons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Srixon 765 Irons

In truth I can see MG starting to struggle if something doesn't give soon. I haven't heard many saying they going to MG lately now that TXG showed up. I know there's a new place in the Markham/Scarborough area (forgot name)

Kona in the west end.

Lots of premium builders are starting to make a strong push specially now that Golftown struggled and is in a slump.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
      In truth I can see MG starting to struggle if something doesn't give soon. I haven't heard many saying they going to MG lately now that TXG showed up. I know there's a new place in the Markham/Scarborough area (forgot name)

Kona in the west end.

Lots of premium builders are starting to make a strong push specially now that Golftown struggled and is in a slump.
      Actually, we are rebounding quite nicely, thank you. Plenty of product is flowing in.
      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
        Actually, we are rebounding quite nicely, thank you. Plenty of product is flowing in.
        good to hear.
        Etobicoke branch is where I like to go. Grip sale still on in January?
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

100% agree. But u were in a slump. And it's yet to be seen what kinda approach GT will take in future.

Seems to be same old approach though so far from what I've seen at stores. Stock tons of product and sell.

I'd love to see GT reduce some HG stock. Bring back the CPGA pros and lessons. Focus more on fitting (not swinglabs) expand their fitting carts.

GT will never be able to compare to a place like MG however they can easily provide great fittings and do. But as it is now it's kinda luck and finding someone who knows what they're doing. And a lot of fitting carts are lacking at GT except in the iron department.

Comment

100% agree. But u were in a slump. And it's yet to be seen what kinda approach GT will take in future.

Seems to be same old approach though so far from what I've seen at stores. Stock tons of product and sell.

I'd love to see GT reduce some HG stock. Bring back the CPGA pros and lessons. Focus more on fitting (not swinglabs) expand their fitting carts.

GT will never be able to compare to a place like MG however they can easily provide great fittings and do. But as it is now it's kinda luck and finding someone who knows what they're doing. And a lot of fitting carts are lacking at GT except in the iron department.
            And for price we never will.

Comment

and there you have it. If they are good enough for J.J. Spaun they are good enough for me

For many professional golfers, a new year means a new contract, and that’s the case for three notable professional golfers who are now signed to Cleveland-Srixon for 2017. J.J. Spaun, formerly a Nike equipment staffer, is a PGA Tour player who graduated from the Web.com Tour last year and won the 2016 Web.com News Sentinel Open. […]
              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                good to hear.
                Etobicoke branch is where I like to go. Grip sale still on in January?
                Did someone mention a grip sale? Are you referring to a certain re-grip event? Is there a prospective date by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyCB3605 View Post
                  Did someone mention a grip sale? Are you referring to a certain re-grip event? Is there a prospective date by chance?
                  It is on but no start date has been announced. My guess is Jan.16th ending in precisely four weeks.

Comment

It is on but no start date has been announced. My guess is Jan.16th ending in precisely four weeks.
                    Do you know if grips that were previously bought at Golftown can get installed at the discounted rate? I noticed on the board th other day it was $2.50 of GT grips vs $5.00 PBO. Is the installation cheaper during the sale?

Thx
                    Sass

Comment

Originally posted by Sass View Post
                      Do you know if grips that were previously bought at Golftown can get installed at the discounted rate? I noticed on the board th other day it was $2.50 of GT grips vs $5.00 PBO. Is the installation cheaper during the sale?

Thx
                      Sass
                      Yes I've done that. As long as you have the receipt. If you don't they won't as you could've bought them from flea Bay etc.
                      Just bring your receipt or pull up your leaderboard.
                      PING CAMO BAG...
                      WEAPONS...
                      SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                      3W TM M2
                      HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
                      5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                      LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
                      3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post
                        Yes I've done that. As long as you have the receipt. If you don't they won't as you could've bought them from flea Bay etc.
                        Just bring your receipt or pull up your leaderboard.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post
                          I got fitted at Modern Golf for a new set of irons. I tried a lot of different heads and it came down to two sets, the Srixon 765's and the PXG tour model.

The cost of the Srixon's are $2,300 while the PXG's were $4,600 (these costs include Accra shafts in them). Considering the Srixon's were half the price, I think I am going to go with them. That being said, I never considered Srixon as I haven't ever perceived them as high quality, but maybe they are.

Has anyone else hit them?
                          I was reluctant to go with Srixon (last November)as well but the numbers and game don't lie. Mishits were far superior to everything else I hit, they look great and feel great . I went with KBS C-Tapers and absolutely love them. Another good friend just got a set from Modern as well without any prompting from me.
                          Quite frankly, I would be embarrassed to show up at the tee with a set of PXG due to cost unless they made a HUGE improvement in my game. .

Comment

Srixon is a top notch brand. Make one of the best OEM big brand forgings. Their V sole rocks.

As for price... take your recommendations elsewhere. MG charges way too much for a build. I'm baffled people pay them.
                            You get what you pay for. Its not for everyone but your set will be perfect.

Comment

Love when people post for feedback and then disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgy23 View Post
                                I was fit at MG for Srixon 565's, Tour issue X100's and straight from manufacturer was 1300, for MG to build them was 2300. The extra G I was told was for the MG satisfaction guarantee, if I ordered the rack set they could do minor adjustments for me but no guarantee on exact specs.
                                Originally posted by Lob wedge View Post
                                You get what you pay for. Its not for everyone but your set will be perfect.
                                i like modern but an extra $1000 for a guarantee?
                                i wouldn't consider myself cheap either but that's a no brainer.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X