Collapse

Big Cedar Golf and Country Club - Innisfil

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Cedar Golf and Country Club - Innisfil

Not sure where i want to get my member ship this year. Golf is going to be limited due to new baby at home.

Just wondering if any nuts have played Big Cedar Golf and Country Club? what is the shape? any difficulties getting out in the early AM's especially on weekends? any issues replaying? etc
    Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
    3W - Taylormade M4
    5 wood - Callaway X Hot
    4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
    Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
    Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Re: Big Cedar Golf and Country Club - Innisfil

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
    Not sure where i want to get my member ship this year. Golf is going to be limited due to new baby at home.
    Just wondering if any nuts have played Big Cedar Golf and Country Club? what is the shape? any difficulties getting out in the early AM's especially on weekends? any issues replaying? etc
    I use to play there with my young boys about 10 and 12 at the time.
    It's really short and totally boring and with multiple very short par 4s.
    A few older guys (even older than me) I know went there because they were so short in the hitting department.
    If you want to socialize with a bunch of older OAP's it's the place for you.
    Otherwise pass, sorry I did not really answer your other questions.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I always thought it can't be beat for the money.

It's definitely not a long knock, but it isn't what I would call super short either. I think the holes are just incorrectly rated. In my mind the par-5 is a long par-4 and the really short par-4 is a second long par-3. If you look at it that way, it's actually quite a long golf course (with two 220+ yard par-3s).

I also thought the conditions were very good the two times I've played it.

In the end, it's a leisurely 9-hole golf course and you still have to hit the shots. I would be joining if I lived within 15 minutes of the place in a heartbeat and probably wouldn't care to play elsewhere. But then I'm not an average golfer...just an AverageJoe.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe View Post
        I always thought it can't be beat for the money.

It's definitely not a long knock, but it isn't what I would call super short either. I think the holes are just incorrectly rated. In my mind the par-5 is a long par-4 and the really short par-4 is a second long par-3. If you look at it that way, it's actually quite a long golf course (with two 220+ yard par-3s).

I also thought the conditions were very good the two times I've played it.

In the end, it's a leisurely 9-hole golf course and you still have to hit the shots. I would be joining if I lived within 15 minutes of the place in a heartbeat and probably wouldn't care to play elsewhere. But then I'm not an average golfer...just an AverageJoe.
        This is a better assessment the club IMO. I've been a member there for 3 years (I'm 42 btw...) it's a nice inexpensive home base for the golf season. On the short side yes, but you still need to make shots to hit the tiny greens. It's very well taken care of for the cost, and you'll have no problem getting out for a early morning Sunday round (always less than 4 hours). Saturday's are mostly tournament days, but a good 6-8 of them are member tourneys. After 1 on weekends it's wide open. You could play as much as you want. If your a status player, our little course will not win you over. But if your looking for a nice inexpensive place to play this summer, come and see us there. Come with me in the spring for a round or two, and see what you think for yourself. If you have any other specific questions fire away!

An actual (but still average). Joe....

Comment

Originally posted by Left behind View Post
          This is a better assessment the club IMO. I've been a member there for 3 years (I'm 42 btw...) it's a nice inexpensive home base for the golf season. On the short side yes, but you still need to make shots to hit the tiny greens. It's very well taken care of for the cost, and you'll have no problem getting out for a early morning Sunday round (always less than 4 hours). Saturday's are mostly tournament days, but a good 6-8 of them are member tourneys. After 1 on weekends it's wide open. You could play as much as you want. If your a status player, our little course will not win you over. But if your looking for a nice inexpensive place to play this summer, come and see us there. Come with me in the spring for a round or two, and see what you think for yourself. If you have any other specific questions fire away!

An actual (but still average). Joe....
          I'll probably take you up on that offer. I live at the 10th and the 25 sideroad. I have ran by the course a few times and it looks like its in great shape. I love playing by myself as early as possible on weekend mornings. Not because I am antisocial.... but more because it takes away the chance for the wife to bust my balls.
          Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
          3W - Taylormade M4
          5 wood - Callaway X Hot
          4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
          Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
          Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
          Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Didn't even know this course existed. Will have to check it out in the spring as I love old school courses.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

I went in the spring last season and it wasn't in the best of shape

Comment

I played it once a couple years back. it's a 9 hole course with tiny greens and regulation length (3400 yards blues). Condition is okay and some of the holes are quite tight but opens up in the middle 3 holes.

The course is beautiful - lots of big cedar trees lining both sides of the fairways on most holes. clubhouse is okay and the restaurant cashier doubles as the proshop desk. didn't eat there so can't comment on the food.

I played a mid-morning round on a Saturday and after the first 9 holes there was a huge back log of people so i just stopped and didn't' bother waiting.

Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)
                TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)
                Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Comment

Originally posted by neova View Post
                  I played it once a couple years back. it's a 9 hole course with tiny greens and regulation length (3400 yards blues). Condition is okay and some of the holes are quite tight but opens up in the middle 3 holes.
                  The course is beautiful - lots of big cedar trees lining both sides of the fairways on most holes. clubhouse is okay and the restaurant cashier doubles as the proshop desk. didn't eat there so can't comment on the food.
                  I played a mid-morning round on a Saturday and after the first 9 holes there was a huge back log of people so i just stopped and didn't' bother waiting.
                  When did they add the extra 640yds, score card shows 2753 at its longest and does not show any BLUE Tees?
                  Just asking, Thanks.
                  Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by neova View Post

Any chance you're thinking of Allandale? The length, Saturday availability, and pace of play issues line up quite well to your description.

Comment

Originally posted by Left behind View Post
                      Any chance you're thinking of Allandale? The length, Saturday availability, and pace of play issues line up quite well to your description.
                      I think you're right, it does sound like Allandale.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X