How far do you hit your 7 iron?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How far do you hit your 7 iron?

Originally posted by setter02 View Post
    Still doesn't make sense. Again, I don't know your swing or have seen you golf (not trying to start anything), but the number don't add up is all. Yes we all know the stats you get in the GT sims are whacked given all the different set ups chain wide, and I've had issues with staff telling me there dead accurate when I know my numbers.

Unless your S/S is much higher then your 'guess', your almost 2 clubs longer then me, and I'm not short. But again, I'm rarely taking full swings any more, so am actually a bad comparison. Hell, I could be spinning the ball to much for all I know and that's why I like punch-3/4 shots more for control.
    I might have guessed the wrong numbers, I don't know. I never believed the stats on those sims anyway. If you browse the Swing Instructions section I posted a bunch of my swings in there, that was last winter when I was fixing my problem, you'll see that I barely do a full swing. I have a really short back swing.
    Cobra King F7
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
    Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
    Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
    Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by imAnewbie View Post
      This whole thread has gone out of hand, if people just know how to respect each others' post it'll be more fun in here.
      Ya gotta admit, it was turning into my pee pee is bigger than your pee pee.

Personally I can hit clubs a lot further than most on here, but I don't really care....straight and on target is all that matters to me.

And making the ball dance around the hole after a crisply struck wedge is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
        Ya gotta admit, it was turning into my pee pee is bigger than your pee pee.

Personally I can hit clubs a lot further than most on here, but I don't really care....straight and on target is all that matters to me.

And making the ball dance around the hole after a crisply struck wedge is a thing of beauty.

Amen to that! I heard stories from CJ and Howie you're bombing it way out there! Our round is still in order! lol
        Cobra King F7
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Amen to that! I heard stories from CJ and Howie you're bombing it way out there! Our round is still in order! lol
          I can, but I can also hit it as crooked as the next guy.

Paulie can crank it, watched some bombs last Sunday. As can Matty, Jay, Mike, Trevor......

Nobody hits it as far as lefty though, buddy has some quick hands and just rips it..... *cue the fart*.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
            I can, but I can also hit it as crooked as the next guy.

Paulie can crank it, watched some bombs last Sunday. As can Matty, Jay, Mike, Trevor......

Nobody hits it as far as lefty though, buddy has some quick hands and just rips it..... *cue the fart*.
            Cobra King F7
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
            Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Take his 3 wood out of his bag, that thing's insane.

265 carry AND holding a green in the FALL

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
                I have another month before I start fasting. Set something up and I'll be there. Doesn't have to be anything big or fancy. Not playing as good as I was that day but will give you a run for your money. This time around I'll cross both those annoying creeks on the front 9.
                I usually cross those on my 2nd shots

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
                  I usually cross those on my 2nd shots
                  Haha.. the first one is no big deal on #3 but the next one on I think #4 or #5 just eats me up every time. I always hit a high spinner and makes me look silly.
                  ---
                  Driver: Taylormade R7 SuperQuad 10.5* Oban Devotion 6 Stiff
                  3-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel 15*
                  Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue 3-19*
                  Irons: Taylormade 300 forged 3-PW
                  Wedges: Taylormade RAC TP 52, 56, 60
                  Putter: 33" Scotty Red X2
                  Ball: Bridgestone B330s, Pro V1

Comment

Easy there, I dont know what's up with the hostility over my yardages, Momo has played with me, a bunch of guys played with me and I'm pretty sure they know how much I can get out of my 7 iron

Here's what I don't get, why compare your 7 iron against my 7 iron? Do you actually think I care if you have a SS of 120 and yet I have 2 clubs on you? Why is "the 2 clubs up on me?" was even brought up here? I've said several times, believe me or not I don't really care. At the end of the day I know which club I'm getting if I'm facing a 190-200 yard shot. I'm not forcing anyone to believe my yardages, if you find that hard to believe then I respect that. I hope you do the same and stop with BS accusations, I've never done it on anyone on the forum and I'm pretty I respected everyone's opinion, calling BS without even playing with me is kinda quick.
                    No hostility at all hombre ... Just sayin I hit it fairly far and you are 2 clubs longer than me. I'm impressed that's all ... You've got to be swinging that 7 iron over 100mph. But Your numbers just don't add up that's why I'm asking
                    Last edited by oNe16tH; Jul 15, 2010, 07:33 PM.
                    Ping G430lst 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
                    Titleist TSI2 15 Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
                    Titleist TSI2 20.25 Tensei Pro Orange 90tx
                    Titleist T100s KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
                    Titleist SM8 KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
                    L.A.B Golf Directed Force 2.1

Comment

• Re: How far do you hit your 7 iron?

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
                      Take his 3 wood out of his bag, that thing's insane.

265 carry AND holding a green in the FALL
                      What??? he doesn't need a driver! lol
                      Cobra King F7
                      Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                      Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                      Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by oNe16tH View Post
                        No hostility at all hombre ... Just sayin I hit it fairly far and you are 2 clubs longer than me. I'm impressed that's all ... You've got to be swinging that 7 iron over 100mph. Your numbers just don't add up that's why I'm asking
                        It's all good I might have guessed the wrong numbers I guess... I really don't pay attention to the whole stats about your swing, the numbers I saw was all based from GT sims.
                        Cobra King F7
                        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Can’t get rid of the 3-putts syndrome, having trouble fixing your slice? Ask fellow TGN members for their golf advice.

Here's what the swing looks like

Maybe it flies 190 maybe it doesn't... pshh I don't really care anymore.
                          ---
                          Driver: Taylormade R7 SuperQuad 10.5* Oban Devotion 6 Stiff
                          3-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel 15*
                          Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue 3-19*
                          Irons: Taylormade 300 forged 3-PW
                          Wedges: Taylormade RAC TP 52, 56, 60
                          Putter: 33" Scotty Red X2
                          Ball: Bridgestone B330s, Pro V1

Comment

It's not about how long you hit it... it's about how straight you whack it.

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
                              http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showthread.php?t=54249

Here's what the swing looks like

Maybe it flies 190 maybe it doesn't... pshh I don't really care anymore.
                              LOL thanks MO, that was the winter swing, tweaked my grip and take away lately I should post an updated swing
                              Cobra King F7
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                              Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by oNe16tH View Post
                                I call BS BIG TIME....unless you have very very strong lofts or are talking about total yardage. If not you must hit your driver 300+ in the air as well.

So I was getting fit at Ping the other day and working out with the 7 iron. Hit several of them with 190ish carry and few past 200 yards total according to trackman..

I think I called BS here too, but it appears pretty doable. Have to check the s56 lofts to see if they are stronger than my Rac LT2's, but I was at least 20 yards longer than normal with the same swing and new sticks. Also had gone from a bit more than R flex to KBS tour shafts at X flex. Ball flight was more or less same height and same spin rate though.

I'm sure everyone is glad I bumped this thread! Just thought I'd throw newbie a bone ;-)

oh, and numbers wise, from memory, mid 90's swing speed. ~1.4 smash, 5800 spin. can't recall launch angle.. probably delofting a bit. height was about 47 feet. Trackman is the bomb though.. could sit there all day ;-)

Pete
                                Last edited by petvan; Nov 4, 2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X