Collapse

Who's your favourite Golfer?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your favourite Golfer?

Who's your favourite and why? We know for Focker and Egowoods, they make it pretty obvious in almost all their threads. Anyone else? I have to say, I don't know enough to have a favourite, but I'd certainly like to hear about everyone elses.

Hi Ems,
    I know you know who my favourite golfer is but do you know why? Its because VJ is a perfectionist when it comes to golf. He does drills after drills after drills and spends more time on the range practising than any other tour player. He goes to the range after a competitive round of golf and works on things he did wrong during his round. With that kind of work ethic, he's got to be setting good examples for younger kids taking up the game and all other golfers too. He also speaks from his mind and doesn't try to speak politically correct all the time.
    Another player I like is Ernie Els...his swing is so perfect. Probably the best in the game right now.
    Tiger is good too but I have to hate him now cause I'm having a lil rivalry with a friend of mine...I don't think I have to say whom it is, you can probably figure it out by now!
    "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

OH, how could I forget! Canada's own Mike Weir, though he hasn't been playing the well lately. Only 1 win this year, but a bunch of top 10's. GO MIKE GO!
      "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
      Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Yep, it's pretty obvious by my avatar whose my favourite player ...Tiger didn't have the year in 2004 that many would've liked to see, but the basic fact is that he has accomplished more in the game in his short pro career than some of the game's current best players will ever accomplish in their lifespan...

If I had to pick somebody other than Tiger, I would probably pick Adam Scott...this guy's tiger-like swing looks perfect, he's an up and comer and he's cocky!
        Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

Comment

Re: Who's your favourite Golfer?

Ok, I have a favourite now that I find I'm always rooting for. The great cat himself, Tiger Woods Adam Scott and Mike Weir are pretty close though.

Comment

Is it not obvious who my guy is?
            Davis is more than just a great player, major champion, father of two, and future Ryder Cup captain.
            Davis is also one of the most respectful and respected players out on tour. His swing is as good as any with effortless power and yet still graced with an awesome short game. (the chip Tiger made this year at the Masters on the par 3, Davis made a few years ago)
            As I also noted a few days ago, Davis is one of the tour players who will remove the hat to shake your hand at days end showing again what a gentleman truely is.

We could all take a page from the life of Davis Love III and become better players / husbands / friends for having done so.

I also like Adam Scott. His swing is better than Tiggers' now that the cat has started messing with it. But having said that, Scott could learn a lot from Davis about being a gentleman.

Comment

My wife

Comment

i think mine is pretty obvious too..

i <3 annika because of her determination and never give up attitude....I like how she doesn't let her personal issues affect her golf (RE: her recent divorce)....I like how she's pretty modest...I'm have had enough with cocky ppl around me.....She's not afraid to set near impossible goals...She set tough goals for herself, but is also not selfish (RE: if she really wanted to get the 6 straight wins, she wouldn't have taken the 5 weeks off)....She's able to recover from a bad round/week and come back next round/week to pound everyone else.....no "annika slump" yet....her ability to grind to the end....softspoken....doesn't make excuses to explain a bad round...she gives credits to everyone, never puts down others...and how she made it clear that she will not return to the PGA.......etc

plus, she's Ms 59!

i'd give anything to meet her in person

Christie Kerr, Julie Inkster, Meg Mallon, Candie Kung are near the top of my list too

as for the boys..
                don't have a clear favourite...I think because I don't have a clear favourite..i would tend to cheer for the underdogs...like Chris DiMarco..despite what everyone else says..I don't believe he choked...him able to recover after the terrible back nine of round 3 in the Masters amazed me

but Tiger, Phil, Ernie, Fred Couples, Shigeki, Mike Wier, Duval are close to the top too..

Comment

I'm liking Grace Park. She's got the nicest roof rack on her car....
                  "Squad 51, KMG 365"

Comment

I have always been a Fred Couples fan, he just makes it look easy most of the time. I also like his relaxed attitude on the course.

Comment

My favorites would have to include Darren Clarke and Jesper Parnevik .
                      Ottawa Golf Blog

Comment

Daly and Duval. Why? Cause they are/where great golfers and they seem more human than most of the guys on tour. Daly is a great person and I like seeing a pro having a smoke and a drink on the course. He is a regular guy like the rest of us. Duval I still like eventhough he sucks cause I can relate to his game. I know what he is going though (though my livelyhood doesn't depend on it) when you go from being good to bad the way he did. In time he will come around and be a condender again and when it happens he will be better than he was before and great to watch.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X