Collapse

Shitt$ Creek at 4-Seasons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shitt$ Creek at 4-Seasons

Part of last nights Episode of Shitt$ Creek was filmed at 4-Seasons golf course in Durham. Johnny Rose (Eugene Levy) was making a pitch to have the local Shitt$ Creek Golf Course use their dilapidated 50's style hotel as the accommodations venue for a golf tournament.

As a former golfer he was also trying to get a free round out of his sales pitch, which he got.

The front exterior of the clubhouse was apparent, as was the practice green area. Not sue if the interior scenes were there or not. Best however, was the scene of Johnny Rose, using a stand in double no doubt, taking a beautiful looking drive from the (greatly) elevated first tee, down into the valley. It must have been shot last fall as the view was in spectacular fall foliage. On TV, it was absolutely gorgeous.

Here is Johnny practice putting in his hotel room, and a summer pic of the first hole. Note Johnny is putting left. They were on the ball enough to make sure that the drive he took on the first tee was also a lefty.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Re: Shitt$ Creek at 4-Seasons

Discussed in a previous thread, the first hole at 4 Seasons stands on its own as one of the most picaresque in the province.

4 Seasons was also host to the wedding of Amy and Doug Gilmour, back when he was starring for the Leafs. They used to keep a picture of the wedding in the display case near their main entrance.

Comment

I'm surprised they didn't use Osprey Valley. Levy plays there all the time.

Comment

He was a Hamilton boy. Surely he played Chedoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
          Huummm,,,, then maybe it was him pictured taking the drive off #1. It was shot from behind and lasted only a couple of seconds, so could not definitively make him out.

I assumed it was a double only because the form on the shot was exceedingly pro-like looking and picture perfect.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
            Does he? cool. maybe i will run into him one day.

Comment

The motel they use is on Hockley Valley Road just east of Airport Road on the south side.

Comment

Great episode. In 1999 I was lucky enough to play in a charity golf tournament with Eugene. It was just me, Eugene, and one of my law partners. The movie American Pie had just come out and Eugene's profile had never been higher. He was not a very good golfer then but hopefully he has improved. He was a very funny, down-to-earth guy.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X