X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Positive Reinforcement

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    Appropriate smiley.

You need to be wearing shades or your eyes would burn out in the brilliant light of his overall awesomeness.

You should feel privileged to be able to share the same forum. I know I do....

I pity all girls, any chance of self-esteem just got vapourized.
    Sure hope the kids learn to differentiate principal and principle at the very least

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
      Appropriate smiley.

You need to be wearing shades or your eyes would burn out in the brilliant light of his overall awesomeness.

You should feel privileged to be able to share the same forum. I know I do....

I pity all girls, any chance of self-esteem just got vapourized.
      Laugh all you want IR, but when parents realize they cannot delegate their responsibility (to others) to teach their own, then their kids might have a better chance for success.

Now that I have two grand-daughters, I am enjoying this thread.
      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
        Sure hope the kids learn to differentiate principal and principle at the very least
        Good catch BH

I must have been thinking of Principle Centered Leadership as a development tactic for girls.

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
          Laugh all you want IR, but when parents realize they cannot delegate their responsibility (to others) to teach their own, then their kids might have a better chance for success.

Now that I have two grand-daughters, I am enjoying this thread.
          God help us if every kid in Canada was taught by their parents. Over 100 years of in school education has managed to develop and maintain generations of thinkers and doers. Is it the best fit for every kid? Absolutely not. But the majority of kids learn what they are supposed to and benefit from the social interaction, teams and clubs, and the competition that comes from being in a group setting.
          Rant over.
          WITB
          9.5 Nike Covert
          15 TM Rocketballz
          3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
          52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
          TM White Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by hoganapexplus View Post
            God help us if every kid in Canada was taught by their parents. Over 100 years of in school education has managed to develop and maintain generations of thinkers and doers. Is it the best fit for every kid? Absolutely not. But the majority of kids learn what they are supposed to and benefit from the social interaction, teams and clubs, and the competition that comes from being in a group setting.
            Rant over.
            My boys were in the public school system every single day and excelled in this environment. I understood their young minds would soak up additional knowledge (university topics) like a sponge. So while seniors in public school, I began to introduced them to more advanced theories, tools and techniques relative to their personal interests (like golf, softball, etc.) to supplement their formal education. I also did not do it alone as my wife was unyielding in their early childhood development ... I tell others, she gave me a lot to work with

In some cases, I had to learn a topic first in order to teach them, so I benefited as well. I had to learn to take a complicated subject like Taguchi Methods experimental design and dumb it down to teach someone not yet in high school. It made me a better trainer at work as I coached adults. Then my son (grade 9) was invited as a keynote speaker at the International Taguchi Symposium, to follow the VP of Ford on centre-stage and then invited to meet Dr. Genichi Taguchi ... this opened up university doors to the top schools.

Years ago, I learned an important management concept. Do not absolve your responsibility to provide leadership ... the same goes for education to provide learning

I say "God help us if every kid in Canada is taught only by the Education system". I think educators can do more with less and I think many parents can assist in the learning process over and above what they currently offer. The two can co-exist in harmony.

Comment

I to was in the public school system, and was never called too the principles' office. I no kids that go two school, learn alot irregardless of which they study.

Comment

Two funnie fore wards.

Originally posted by kalch View Post
                I to was in the public school system, and was never called too the principles' office. I no kids that go two school, learn alot irregardless of which they study.
                Last edited by mpare; Sep 18, 2014, 06:03 AM.
                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

TOURIQ... what is wrong with your post is that you take all the glory for your kids accomplishment. The teachers took your kids from Level 2 and teach them to get them to Level 8... With your help they reach Level 10... that is awesome.

Too bad you had to tarnish the school system and all the teachers to toot your horn...
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
                    TOURIQ... what is wrong with your post is that you take all the glory for your kids accomplishment. The teachers took your kids from Level 2 and teach them to get them to Level 8... With your help they reach Level 10... that is awesome.

Too bad you had to tarnish the school system and all the teachers to toot your horn...
                    Thanks Chambokl.
                    WITB
                    9.5 Nike Covert
                    15 TM Rocketballz
                    3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                    52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                    TM White Smoke

Comment

Positive Reinforcement

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
                      You are right, every profession gives 100% even when they can only see the tip of the iceberg. It must be nice to have solidarity, every brother and sister covering your back in a state of denial.

Years ago I was approached by the Principal of a public school, who had the support of the Superintendent of the Board of Education, to introduce staff and parents to learning based on the principles of Total Quality in Education, as they wanted to improve student learning and achievement. As the facilitator of the offsite, if I had a loonie for every teacher who then went up to the Principal and said they were 'doing it already' so few opportunities in their classroom, I could have bought the whole group a coffee at Timmy's.

You must also be quite satisfied with the state of government, health care, public services, business and the like ...

I'm happy to report there is very little I can coach my kids today, as they are each past my own capabilities ... so my job is over, and no doubt they will do the same with their girls with positive reinforcement.

I'm glad 'no kid is left behind', everyone enters high school with the ability to read and write, with the capability to dispense the proper change from a dollar.
                      Last edited by TourIQ; Sep 20, 2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I confess to being confused about the point that you are making. If it's that our government, health care, public service, businesses and education system are not perfect, then I can't imagine that anyone would disagree with you. If it's that you have the key to ensuring that our education system is perfected, then there may be some controversy about that. I make no judgment one way or the other, because I don't know what it is that you know that allows you to see the entire iceberg, while the rest of the world is distracted by its tip. Is there something I could read that would give me some insight into the Principles of Total Quality?

You are right, every profession gives 100% even when they can only see the tip of the iceberg. It must be nice to have solidarity, every brother and sister covering your back in a state of denial.

You must also be quite satisfied with the state of government, health care, public services, business and the like ...

I'm glad 'no kid is left behind', everyone enters high school with the ability to read and write, with the capability to dispense the proper change from a dollar.
                        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Positive Reinforcement

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                          I confess to being confused about the point that you are making. If it's that our government, health care, public service, businesses and education system are not perfect, then I can't imagine that anyone would disagree with you. If it's that you have the key to ensuring that our education system is perfected, then there may be some controversy about that. I make no judgment one way or the other, because I don't know what it is that you know that allows you to see the entire iceberg, while the rest of the world is distracted by its tip. Is there something I could read that would give me some insight into the Principles of Total Quality?
                          A Text Book Case Of Applying Deming To K-12 Education:
                          Free .PDF Download: https://www.deming.org/demingtoday/leander
                          based on W. Edwards Deming "System of Profound Knowledge (SOPK)"

I met Dr. Deming 18-months before his death at the ripe old age of 93.

Comment

Years ago I was approached by the Principal of a public school, who had the support of the Superintendent of the Board of Education, to introduce staff and parents to learning based on the principles of Total Quality in Education, as they wanted to improve student learning and achievement. As the facilitator of the offsite, if I had a loonie for every teacher who then went up to the Principal and said they were 'doing it already' so few opportunities in their classroom, I could have bought the whole group a coffee at Timmy's.

I'm happy to report there is very little I can coach my kids today, as they are each past my own capabilities ... so my job is over, and no doubt they will do the same with their girls with positive reinforcement.

I cannot even follow what point you are trying to make here. Health care and public services may not be operating at peak capability? No doubt.
                            "No kid left behind" is a US propaganda piece and we do a better job up here.

Moving on.
                            WITB
                            9.5 Nike Covert
                            15 TM Rocketballz
                            3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                            52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                            TM White Smoke

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard