Collapse

FOOT GOLF

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOOT GOLF

Would you play a round of golf with someone playing foot golf? Carruthers Creek is allowing it.

Whose next?
    Whats in The Ping Pioneer Bag

Taylormade M1 10.5 Driver
    Taylormade M1 4 wood

Adsms Idea 3 Hybrid
    Taylormade M2 Tour irons 4-PW
    Titleist SM 51/55/60 Wedges

Taylormade Spider Putter

Re: FOOT GOLF

doesn't bother me, if a another friend is coming along sure why not.

Comment

Never have & still have no plans to play there
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Knollwood is also starting to allow it
        Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
        23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
        6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
        52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
        Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Originally posted by golfnutz View Post
          Would you play a round of golf with someone playing foot golf? Carruthers Creek is allowing it.

Whose next?

.. Like.. you kick the ball the entire way?

Zero chance.

Comment

Originally posted by spazzdla View Post
            .. Like.. you kick the ball the entire way?

Zero chance.
            A soccer ball, yes.

Comment

Just seems dumb to me. Are golf courses joining this trend because they are in search for more revenue? or is this supposed to be a way for people to eventually play real golf?

Comment

I don't think I would enjoy waiting on the tee while a family of four makes their way down the fairway, moving their soccer ball as far, per-shot, as an eight-year-old's leg-strength can manage.

On the bright side, however, I don't think "foot golf" will ever sweep the nation. There might be courses who allow it in order to bring in some revenue, but my guess is that, in the long run, "foot golf" won't be packing the courses, and won't be a significant source of revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
                  I don't think I would enjoy waiting on the tee while a family of four makes their way down the fairway, moving their soccer ball as far, per-shot, as an eight-year-old's leg-strength can manage.

On the bright side, however, I don't think "foot golf" will ever sweep the nation. There might be courses who allow it in order to bring in some revenue, but my guess is that, in the long run, "foot golf" won't be packing the courses, and won't be a significant source of revenue.
                  So they mix foot golfers and real golfers together on the same course? That's a great way to never have real golfers ever return to your course.

They must do special foot golf days. If not lets get a running list of foot golf courses going so I can avoid them like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by rendogski View Post
                    So they mix foot golfers and real golfers together on the same course? That's a great way to never have real golfers ever return to your course.
                    Yep, the same course. They use the same tees and fairways. The only difference is that the hole for the soccer balls isn't on the green -- it's off to the side and in the rough area.

If a course is going to do this, they should find a way of separating the golfers from the foot golfers -- divide up the day so that tee times for regular golfers occur in certain chunks, and tee times for foot golfers are other times, so that there's far less intermingling. There are obvious problems with this, of course. Your suggestion for special foot golf days is another option, and that would be much better for avoiding intermingling. The big problem with that, of course, is that one of the foot golf days would likely be a weekend, since foot golf is seen as a "family" thing. But it might be the best option for a mixed-use course.

Comment

Originally posted by golfnutz View Post

Whose next?

Not a chance......
                      Nor would i play handball or football with a tennis ball at a tennis club.

Revenue is down at clubs all over the place. Getting creative is one thing, but this is silly.

Comment

If I were running a golf course and revenue was not meeting the cost of running the course I think I'd be looking for new revenue streams. No reason a family kicking a soccer ball would be slower than many of the golfers I see hacking it 100 yds at a time.

I would not expect a Deer Creek or Lakeridge or Oakridge, etc. course do this but for a Carruthers or Annandale why not?

Comment

I won't be playing any courses offering this.
                          TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                          TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                          TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                          Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                          Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                          100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                            If I were running a golf course and revenue was not meeting the cost of running the course I think I'd be looking for new revenue streams. No reason a family kicking a soccer ball would be slower than many of the golfers I see hacking it 100 yds at a time.

I would not expect a Deer Creek or Lakeridge or Oakridge, etc. course do this but for a Carruthers or Annandale why not?
                            I think this might be the wrong way to go about it, though. I don't think foot golf will prove popular enough to be a lasting or significant source of revenue, and I think that adding it to a course will turn away regular golfers. It's a move that could backfire.

If the owner of a golf course can't keep operating with revenue from golf, selling to developers might be a better bet for them. I don't think making the course mixed-use will be successful over the short or long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Pingnut View Post
                              I won't be playing any courses offering this.
                              Yes, this would definitely turn me off of a course. If people want to do it, that's up to them and I hope they enjoy it, but it's not the sort of course I want to be playing on.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X