Collapse

Wilson/Staff comes out with new target market

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson/Staff comes out with new target market

Check out this article. Stableford, I know you're a big Wilson fan. Looks like they're going to make some high end products.

The PGA of America is one of the world's largest sports organizations, composed of PGA of America Golf Professionals who work daily to grow interest and participation in the game of golf.
    "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
    Winston Churchill

B4 they change all their clubs, they should invest some of that money in making a better ball....man their balls suck......
    Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

Comment

but something has to be good in order for something to suck right? haha it's all relative....

Comment

Originally posted by Ego Woods
        B4 they change all their clubs, they should invest some of that money in making a better ball....man their balls suck......
        I think the r&d costs for clubs is cheaper than for balls. You'd have to sell a lot of balls to recoup the type of $ that goes into the best balls. Not sure where Wilson ranks, but I'm certain their market share is a but a small fraction. Tough to compete against the Titleists (Titleist/Pinnacle), and the Callaways (Callaway/TopFlite/BenHogan).

My first set of clubs was a set of Wilsons - handme downs from my dad who played in the 70s. They were musclebacks with really harsh steel shafts. I still have them in the basement. I take them to the range once a year, just to make myself appreciate advancement in golf technology.

Comment

Originally posted by malarky
          I think the r&d costs for clubs is cheaper than for balls. You'd have to sell a lot of balls to recoup the type of $ that goes into the best balls. Not sure where Wilson ranks, but I'm certain their market share is a but a small fraction. Tough to compete against the Titleists (Titleist/Pinnacle), and the Callaways (Callaway/TopFlite/BenHogan).

My first set of clubs was a set of Wilsons - handme downs from my dad who played in the 70s. They were musclebacks with really harsh steel shafts. I still have them in the basement. I take them to the range once a year, just to make myself appreciate advancement in golf technology.
          That'll be interesting. I'm curious to see how my guy friends would do with clubs from the 70's, before all the fancy technology. If I was a better player, I'd wonder how much those clubs would change my game or distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ems
            That'll be interesting. I'm curious to see how my guy friends would do with clubs from the 70's, before all the fancy technology. If I was a better player, I'd wonder how much those clubs would change my game or distance.
            Wonder no more. I sought out and bought some 70's Wilson blades and I LOVE them. They are forged not cast so they feel great and along with Scot Minni's book "Smash and Carve" (a terrific golf book based upon Hogan's swing and about 25$ at Chapter's). I am working the ball and having a ball. Love those Wilsons...they feel just great!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X