Collapse

Ping Fitting Oakville

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ping Fitting Oakville

I did go to Ping fitting before I bought my G30 irons. I did have a good experience. Even though I did not hit that much better using G30 than my TM burner, I bought the G30. And they did say that I don't need to bother to replace my Nike driver with G30 since the results are no different. The only thing I wish they could do is to try different lie angles with me since I have trouble hitting my longer irons. It may be fixed by adjusting the lie angle.

Comment

I had my fitting today. Just some minor tweaking and left with my irons that had been adjusted and measured today.

Had a bonus session with my driver and the set up I had in my G30 worked out the best.

Great experience and well worth the money.
      Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Anyone have a contact number to set up a fitting?

Comment

Originally posted by otherguy View Post
          Anyone have a contact number to set up a fitting?
          1-800-352-7464

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Can anyone comment on the availability of the G30 series still being available for purchase at the fitting centre? Or would they only be selling the newer G series now?

The other option is, I could buy from an online retailer and go to the centre to find the correct head/shaft combination.

Comment

Originally posted by RutgersKev View Post
                Can anyone comment on the availability of the G30 series still being available for purchase at the fitting centre? Or would they only be selling the newer G series now?

The other option is, I could buy from an online retailer and go to the centre to find the correct head/shaft combination.
                I'm certain they don't sell from the PING HQ. Instead of buying to take for a fitting, go get fit and buy what they recommend.
                TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Depends what you are looking for. Ping always keeps heads of their irons to sell as "Classics" if someone loses a club or decides to add a UW or Sw or something. However, to walk in and say you want to buy a full set of G30s, they are going to say no. Even if they did say yes, the cost on the Classics lines are astronomical, something like $220 for steel and $250 for graphite PER CLUB. Even still, they sometimes don't have the matching shaft and will put in the closest match that they have.

Your best bet is to get the G series. It can still be customized free of charge, you can order whatever sequence of irons you want (as much or as little as possible), no import fees/duties, and you then don't have to send them away to get bent/gripped/shaft change after the fact. Unless you get really lucky, I doubt any online retailer is going to carry 1/4 inch long, white dot, with CFS Distance Cushin Stiff softstepped once with Orange grips. Obviously a hypothetical scenario, but still, I think you get my point.

As for woods, Ping does not keep Classic woods around. Once the G30 is done, it's done. You can only special order the G now. Last year when they still had some heads, maybe, but we are close to a year and a half since launch of the G series...I doubt they have any heads laying around now.

Comment

Ping does the fitting and you take their recommendations to your preferred retailer. (Golf Town, pro shop, etc.) Ping will have their latest model lineup available for fitting at their Ping HQ in Oakville - G lineup, i200, iblade, etc.

You should get fit prior to buying (online or elsewhere). They'll give you recommended head, shaft, length, lie, grip and possibly loft (ie. power spec).

If you're so inclined, you may be able to find a decent used set with your specs to try out. Worst case, they don't work out and you sell them for a small loss.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate the input.

I will probably settle on getting a G30 SF Tec driver online and then head over to GT Whitby for the shaft recommendation/purchase.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate the input.

I will probably settle on getting a G30 SF Tec driver online and then head over to GT Whitby for the shaft recommendation/purchase.
                        You will probably pay as much or even more than getting fit and buying it at GT or elsewhere in the first place.
                        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

You can also check with GT or PING for the PING fitting days at GT. GT Markham had a PING fitting day earlier this month, and I think GT Etobicoke and Heartland have fitting days later this month.
                          PING G 10.5 Tour Stiff
                          PING G 5 Wood Tour Stiff
                          PiNG G 3 Hybrid Alta Stiff
                          Mizuno MP-54 4-PW S-300
                          Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 60*
                          PING Sigma 2 Anser
                          Chrome Soft X

Comment

how much does it cost at the GT demo days?

I've been to the Ping fitting before highly recommended it. They'll also recheck and adjust your clubs if needed. I had couple irons they readjusted to spec. I need to stop duffing it so much
                            Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
                            NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
                            Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
                            Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
                            Engage Wedges 125 wedge
                            Odyssey Damascus #1

Comment

- I was booked last year for Ping fitting of my existing set at GT.
                              - Had to cancel due to a conflict, but seem to recall it was around $59.95??

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X