Collapse

Favourite TV Shows

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite TV Shows

Enjoyed Fargo. Not sure why people talk in Newfoundlander accents. Billy Bob's speech at the Globes was excellent. He said anything you say nowadays gets taken the wrong way so he left it at "thanks".

The Affair had my attention though it's a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post
      Agreed. The Americans season 1 was amazing, have not seen season two yet.
      Just noticed season 2 is now loaded on Shomi. Looks like Season 2 is even better than the amazing season 1.

The Americans won outstanding new show award from the Television Critics Association in 2013, beating even House of Cards.

Comment

Originally posted by multimut View Post
        Just noticed season 2 is now loaded on Shomi. Looks like Season 2 is even better than the amazing season 1.

The Americans won outstanding new show award from the Television Critics Association in 2013, beating even House of Cards.
        Season 1 of the Americans was way better than season 1 of House of Cards IMO. And I really liked HoC.

Comment

Looking for a new series on Netflix to watch, viewed the pilots of Broadchurch and The Bridge ( Swedish/Dutch version) both good but will go with Broadchurch for now.

Anyone watch it, comments?
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Try The Fall. First season is only 5 episodes. Really good. Creepy and uncomfortable but really good.
            Stars Gillian Anderson

Comment

I watched this over the last week

Hard-hitting, Italian crime drama directed by Matteo Garrone, based on the non-fiction book by Roberto Saviano, who was forced into hiding after the book's publication. The film takes an unglamorous look at the extent to which the city of Naples is controlled by the Camorra mob, a network of families whose influence extends beyond the underground world of organised crime and into the everyday running of the city. Five intertwining stories show the effects of mobster rule on Neapolitan citizens from all walks of life.
              It's in Italian with English subtitles

Comment

Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post
                Try The Fall. First season is only 5 episodes. Really good. Creepy and uncomfortable but really good.
                Stars Gillian Anderson
                I watched the first few episodes and just couldn't get into it, moved sooooooo slowwwllly, maybe I will revisit it .
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

It picks up like crazy, but you are right, they first couple are slow, but I thought they were good. True Detective was the same way, slow start but builds up steam.
                  The Fall may not be for everyone. You mentioned Broadchurch which I haven't watched, but thought it could have a similar feel.

Comment

Just watched the first 4 episodes of True Detective with Woody and Mcconnahaugh( probably spelled it wrong , whatever).
                    Really enjoying it. They are quite good together.
                    Anyone else watch it?

Comment

• Re: Favourite TV Shows

Strike Back is pretty decent, good mix of everything that makes a series good.

First season is geared towards more drama, than Cinemax got their hands on it. Going into season 5 (at some point). Mainly British acting, if that has any merit.

I also like Stalker. Seems to have some good developing story lines.

I got side track with Ray Donovan, by the looks of it I need to steer the course.

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
                        Just watched the first 4 episodes of True Detective with Woody and Mcconnahaugh( probably spelled it wrong , whatever).
                        Anyone else watch it?
                        Just finished, thought it was great.....cool rapport between Harrelson & McConaughey.

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
                          Really enjoying it. They are quite good together.
                          Anyone else watch it?
                          the next 4 episodes are amazing. enjoy.

Comment

My guilty pressure is Grimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                              My guilty pressure is Grimm.
                              Try supernatural. Way better than Grimm. It's om Netflix I think.

Comment

Just watched the last 2 ep's of True Detect.
                                Excellent series.
                                Why can't all shows be like this?
                                I was told there is a 2nd series but with 2 new actors. Anybody know who is replacing them?

For whoever created this story, needs to get some therapy. I don't how people think of these thoughts.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X