Collapse

Wedge fitting in the GTA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedge fitting in the GTA

Does anyone know where I can get fit for wedges in the GTA?

Thanks!
    Member of Cedar Brae GC

Re: Wedge fitting in the GTA

My son (low handicap golfer) went for a fitting with a reputable club fitter, and I was a bit surprised at how little he did with the wedges. There are so many grinds and bounces now, it seems overwhelming. The fitter asked a few questions about what he uses the wedges for, and ordered based on his answers to those questions. He is happy with his wedges (3 different Titleist grinds), but I'm wondering if the result would have been different if he had the opportunity to try more of them.

I noticed that you can do a Titleist wedge fitting at Eagles Nest, and they supposedly have all models available.

Has anyone tried this?

Comment

Whatever you do.....ensure its a fitting outdoors. Turf interaction is key.

Comment

If you're interested in purchasing Vokey wedges, Titleist has an outdoor facility at Eagles Nest. For $100 they'll test a variety of shots from various lies and make a recommendation on grind, loft, bounce, lie, shaft model and length.

Explore Titleist Canada's National Fitting Center, located at Eagles Nest Golf Club in Maple, Ontario, Canada. Get fit for the newest Titleist equipment in our start of the art facility, equipped with Trackman launch monitors and an expansive Titleist shaft and head matrix.

Recently completed a full-bag fitting, spent a little time on the wedges and was surprised to learn that I'm a sweeper and had been playing the wrong grinds/bounce forever. I also changed from a 48-53-58 set up to a 48-54-60.
        What's in the Bag (06/07/17):

Titleist 915 D2 10.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI6
        Titleist 915F 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI7
        Titleist 915F 21* w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80
        Titleist 714 AP1 4-GW w/ Projext X LZ 5.5
        Titleist Vokey 54.10 S Grind w/ Projext X LZ 5.5
        Titleist Vokey 60.08 M Grind w/ Projext X LZ 5.5
        Titleist Scotty Cameron 2015 Golo 5 34" LH

Comment

Originally posted by ryandrews83 View Post
          If you're interested in purchasing Vokey wedges, Titleist has an outdoor facility at Eagles Nest. For $100 they'll test a variety of shots from various lies and make a recommendation on grind, loft, bounce, lie, shaft model and length.

Explore Titleist Canada's National Fitting Center, located at Eagles Nest Golf Club in Maple, Ontario, Canada. Get fit for the newest Titleist equipment in our start of the art facility, equipped with Trackman launch monitors and an expansive Titleist shaft and head matrix.

Recently completed a full-bag fitting, spent a little time on the wedges and was surprised to learn that I'm a sweeper and had been playing the wrong grinds/bounce forever. I also changed from a 48-53-58 set up to a 48-54-60.
          This looks promising. Thanks!
          Member of Cedar Brae GC

Comment

Hey Guys, We offer wedge fittings at our TXG Toronto HQ. $75. Our Wedge Matrix includes (Titleist, PXG, Cleveland as well as Ping)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X