Collapse

Favourite recent movies

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite recent movies

I love watching movies and have caught quite a few lately. Here are my favourites.

2012 - quite intense, lots of special effects, similar to Twister in that the movie is the start not the actors
    Zombieland - this movie is great. Very little Zombie action after the first little while and Woodie Harrelson is hilarious.
    Law Abiding Citizen - Good revenge fllick, ending is a little wonky but enjoyable all the same.
    Gamer - good action flick, if you like playing FPS you will enjoy this movie.
    Watchmen - make sure you get the Director's cut, more detail, background and just makes the movie come together better
    The Hangover - One of the funniest movies of the year for sure. Great story, funny as hell. You will forever remember Mike Tyson and "In the Air Tonight"
    Star Trek 2009 - Great remake of a great series. Good effects and the new Kirk is right on.
    G.I. Joe - Not on par with Star Trek but enjoyable all the same.
    Transformer 2 - Like the first one but double everything, action, robots, hot chicks, etc
    Terminator Salvation - Good update of how John Connor gets into the act, Christian Bale is getting a little overexposed these days, but this is a good flick.

For the kids
    Astro Boy - better than I was expecting. good story, animation is quite good.
    Planet 51 - Very good. Nice story about getting along, cool animation and the 50's music is a hit as always.
    Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer - pretty good action movie. Love the Thing

Take them or leave them
    Public Enemies - too long and not enough action
    Where the Wild Things are - See above

How about you guys?
    WITB
    9.5 Nike Covert
    15 TM Rocketballz
    3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
    52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
    TM White Smoke

Re: Favourite recent movies

The Blind Side - great story
    The Hangover - HILARIOUS
    This Is It - If you were a Michael Jackson fan, it gives a good behind the scenes look at the great entertainer he was

Comment

Originally posted by Paully25 View Post
      The Blind Side - great story
      The Hangover - HILARIOUS
      This Is It - If you were a Michael Jackson fan, it gives a good behind the scenes look at the great entertainer he was
      lol the hangover was my favorite movie of the year
      Canadian ping hoofer/ Titleist 09 Staff bag
      Driver- Nike VR PRO Ltd 9.5
      Woods-Titleist 910 13.5
      Hybrid- Titleist 909h 19*
      Irons-
      Titleist zm blades Kbs tour
      Wedges-Scratch 50,56
      Putters-pro platinum del mar 3
      RCGA handicap- +3.0

http://photobucket.com/cobbie_90

Comment

I'd say THE HANGOVER is one of the top comedy movies of all times! hahaha can't wait to get the DVD lol

The Blind side is a really great movie!

Transformers 2 is great, The 4th Kind is interesting too
        Cobra King F7
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
        Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
        Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Inglorious Basterds - One of the better Tarentino films. I was kinda perturbed while watching this film b/c there was a lot of Nazi imagery, but the ending was great. 1/2 the movie is in subtitles, but still a good movie.

Ninja Assassin - went to watch it with very low expectations, and it turned out pretty decent. A very low budget film with no name actors, except for the Korean popstar as the main character. Typical guy movie, with fighting and blood.

Comment

Honestly I think this year has been one of the worst movie years in recent memory...
            The ones I liked;
            Inglorious Basterds
            Hangover
            Julie and Julia(go on have a chuckle)

The one I didnt like:
            A Serious Man
            Up In the Air
            The Time traveller

Comment

INVICTUS - brilliant film and Morgan a shoo in for a nomination!
              If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

PUBLIC ENEMIES was brutal SLOW, LONG AND BORING

UP - a great kids movie

INVICTUS - typical Eastwood excellent

HANGOVER - fuuuuunnnnny
                Lelyflamingo

Comment

Brazilian teens 7 not your family movie

Comment

Originally posted by RCCHGA View Post
                    INVICTUS - brilliant film and Morgan a shoo in for a nomination!
                    Excellent film and absolutely loved it, won't win an Oscar IMHO as it's just not powerful enough.

Comment

This weekend I just watched Inglourious Basterds, District 9 and Gamer.

Inglourious Basterds - There's a lot of dialogue as per usual in a QT film but it was all so well done and the acting was absolutely amazing that it didn't bother me. It is definitely one of my favourites of 2009.

District 9 - I didn't do much reading on this one when it was in theatres because I didn't want to ruin the alien appeal about it. I'm glad I didn't. It was a good movie. You can definitely see a relation between the way the aliens are treated on Earth and how certain societies are treated in real life.

Gamer - I like Gerard Butler. He was good in 300, Rock'N'Rolla and even made The Ugly Truth tolerable. But this movie is pretty bad. Felt like I was watching Batman Forever (where Riddler has "The Box" and can read people's minds) all over agin, just with a different twist.

Up! - I enjoyed it but I didn't find to have any lasting effect like Cars or the Toy Story movies did.

Next up to see is the new Terminator & Star Trek movies and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
                      Mike R.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kace;516671]This weekend I just watched Inglourious Basterds, District 9 and Gamer.

Inglourious Basterds - There's a lot of dialogue as per usual in a QT film but it was all so well done and the acting was absolutely amazing that it didn't bother me. It is definitely one of my favourites of 2009. Forgot this one. Really enjoyed it as well

District 9 - I didn't do much reading on this one when it was in theatres because I didn't want to ruin the alien appeal about it. I'm glad I didn't. It was a good movie. You can definitely see a relation between the way the aliens are treated on Earth and how certain societies are treated in real life. Awesome alien flick. Very disturbing in a good way.

Forgot Cloudy With a Chance as well. Very good movie. Quite a bit of story from a book with about 20 pages.
                        WITB
                        9.5 Nike Covert
                        15 TM Rocketballz
                        3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                        52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                        TM White Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by hoganapexplus View Post
                          Forgot Cloudy With a Chance as well. Very good movie. Quite a bit of story from a book with about 20 pages.
                          Good to hear...I didn't hear much about it when it was in theatres.
                          Mike R.

Comment

I passed out watching Public Enemies on DVD Saturday night.

Originally posted by lelyflamingo View Post
                            PUBLIC ENEMIES was brutal SLOW, LONG AND BORING

UP - a great kids movie

INVICTUS - typical Eastwood excellent

HANGOVER - fuuuuunnnnny

Comment

Judd Apatow's "Funny People" (Adam Sandler & Seth Rogen) Very funny.

The not-so sleeper of the year, "Hurt Locker." Brilliant film about bomb disposal guys in Iraq. Already won two awards and a shoe-in for an Academy nomination for both best direction and best picture. I know three Academy members who've already put it at the top of their nomination list.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X