Club fitting - which brand?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club fitting - which brand?

Guys,

I'm an intermediate player hitting around 85. I'm thinking about getting fitted but I have a question.

Do you need to decide before you get fitted which brand you want to get fitted for, or can the guys at GT help find a brand and model that would be best suited?

Reading about all the various clubs and brands gets overwhelming pretty quickly.

Re: Club fitting - which brand?

Hey I was at GT today and they did measurements on me and built me a mizuno, callaway and a ping on the spot for me to hit. They also had a taylormade cart on hand. I told them what my ball flight tends to be, what I usually shoot and they put some clubs in my hands to hit once having my measurements. I think you can transfer your fitting numbers to any manufacturer and have the club properly adjusted to your specs. But not 100% sure. Either way so far my experience with GT was good and they were really helpful with the process.

Comment

If you are in the Markham road area get to see Jeff Swain, Brett and the staff at GT East. They fit me in the spring and I have never looked back. They tried just about every club in the store until we found the one that suited me and my game best.
      Sun Mountain C-130
      Ping G30 Driver, G25 4 & 7 wood
      Ping G25 27*
      Ping i20 6 - Sw
      Vokey SM4 58
      Callaway Jaws 64
      Odyssey White Hot # 7
      NXT Tour S

You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.

Comment

That brings up another question. Do you get fit for all of your clubs at once or do you do irons, then driver in a separate session etc.?

Comment

I would leave it up to the fitter but there is a lot of swinging to do.
          Sun Mountain C-130
          Ping G30 Driver, G25 4 & 7 wood
          Ping G25 27*
          Ping i20 6 - Sw
          Vokey SM4 58
          Callaway Jaws 64
          Odyssey White Hot # 7
          NXT Tour S

You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.

Comment

It's interesting to hear that some people have had positive experiences at GT for fitting's. It has been my experience that they seemed to not know what to do, or just to busy to help.

Which GT's do you recommend for a good fitting?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X