Back up to muskoka/Parry sound

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up to muskoka/Parry sound

Hey guys,

So me and the boys are making another trip up north driving up on a friday returning Sunday (mid-june). Bought a few underpar passes for the Ridge at Manitou (my personal fav so I convinced the guys to play it this year) and Seguin Valley. So we'll be staying in Parry sound this time. Ridge will be on Sunday and Seguin on Saturday, also possibly Parry sound golf club on saturday morning. If we're going up on friday afternoon then a possible twilight round is in order.

Any suggestions along the 400 on the way up to Parry sound? I was thinking settlers ghost? maybe Tangle Creek in Barrie?

Thanks

Re: Back up to muskoka/Parry sound

Tangle Creek or Bond Head for me

Comment

• Bond Head (was in good shape yesterday--we played North)
      • Tangle Creek
      • Heritage Hills
      • Horseshoe Valley
      • Oak Bay
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

avoid tangle if you are tight for time. I'd go with Oak bay or Heritage
        Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
        3W - Taylormade M4
        5 wood - Callaway X Hot
        4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
        Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
        Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Tangle Creek is $42.50 cart/tax included after 5 BUT the pro shop told me Fridays can be very busy.
          Diamond in the Ruff is not far from those courses so might not be a bad option if you want to be closer to your destination after your twilight round.
          Settlers is in pretty good shape but greens are still a tad sandy from small tines 2 weeks ago. They roll well, just not that fast. Cart rule was scatter the other day. Nice and dry.
          I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Oak Bay

Comment

great suggestions so far. Totally forgot about Bond head. Although the issue with it is that it's still closer to the GTA then it is to the finally destination (P. Sound). Oak Bay is interesting, never played before and its only another 45 minutes to the hotel. Settlers is another i have never played so I wouldnt mind playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by spinaltap View Post
                Hey guys,

So me and the boys are making another trip up north driving up on a friday returning Sunday (mid-june). Bought a few underpar passes for the Ridge at Manitou (my personal fav so I convinced the guys to play it this year) and Seguin Valley. So we'll be staying in Parry sound this time. Ridge will be on Sunday and Seguin on Saturday.
                Thanks
                This is exactly our plan next month. We are driving up early Saturday morning to tee off at Seguin Valley (plan to replay using underpar) and play Ridge at Manitou Sunday morning. First time going there and am looking forward to it.
                Why are you considering not playing at Seguin vally again on Saturday? Is it not worth replaying there?

Comment

Originally posted by sungandjudy View Post
                  This is exactly our plan next month. We are driving up early Saturday morning to tee off at Seguin Valley (plan to replay using underpar) and play Ridge at Manitou Sunday morning. First time going there and am looking forward to it.
                  Why are you considering not playing at Seguin vally again on Saturday? Is it not worth replaying there?
                  Didn't buy enough underpar passes. I usually play the last week in June so I'm saving it for myself and my father in law. Don't get me wrong I love Seguin but it's not as enjoyable as Ridge. Plus I like playing parry sound golf and country as it's where I got my first eagle and my career low round of 80. It's also Thomas mcbroom's first project, when he turned the orignal 9 hole course into a 18 hole course back in the 80s so it's kind of a nostalgia factor. Things might change and I might email underpar and beg for a few extra underpar passes at seguin... seguin has a few great holes but its i think it has one of the most boring 18th holes in muskoka imo

Which weekend are you going

Comment

Ah....got it. I was worried that Seguin may not warrant replay...
                    I did hear that Ridge is a better course but it's another 40+ min. drive from Seguin and I don't think we can drive up that far for the planned tee off at 9:30 am...ish. Plus, I heard that they might make some excuses to block us from replay.
                    We are going up on the weekend of June 10th. We already booked a place in Parry Sound area as well. Not too many choices for the lodging....

Comment

I did hear that Ridge is a better course but it's another 40+ min. drive from Seguin and I don't think we can drive up that far for the planned tee off at 9:30 am...ish. Plus, I heard that they might make some excuses to block us from replay.
                      We are going up on the weekend of June 10th. We already booked a place in Parry Sound area as well. Not too many choices for the lodging....
                      No there really isn't that many choices for lodging...or decent ones at a good price. See you up there that weekend

I have had "issues" with replay at the ridge in the past but depending on who you talk to you should be able to get it done.

Comment

If the course isnt packed and they dont want to give reply call underpar right away! I have talked to them a couple times with this concern and they dont want this happening on their deals. They will answer on a Sunday.
                        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
                          If the course isnt packed and they dont want to give reply call underpar right away! I have talked to them a couple times with this concern and they dont want this happening on their deals. They will answer on a Sunday.
                          Agreed, I've never NOT been able to get in the replay. They just make you wait a bit in the hope that you're not going to want to stick around long enough to get in. My advice is talk to the starter at the beginning of your morning round. They'll know if its busy later in the day and you can gauge it from there.

Comment

Another vote for Oak Bay, and if you're open to come from HWY 11, then I'd try The Rock as well.

It's a love/hate for that course...if you shoot darts, then you'll have a good round. Much better than when it first opened.

Distance to Parry Sound is around the same from either course.

Comment

I would call Parry Sound GCC prior ...The 50th Tudhope Open tournament is there that weekend...great tourny

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X