Collapse

Golf Lessons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Lessons

if you're a studnet at University of Toronto - Scarborough Campus, they have golf lessons for $25 for each semester!!!
    Last edited by Guest; Oct 26, 2004, 01:03 PM. Reason: change to per term

I am a PT studend at UofT St. George. Am I still eligible for the lesson?

Could you post the link? I can't find it on the UofT website.

Comment

actually it's not on the UofT website...do you pay accidental fees? (for eg, do you have access to the athletic center?) it's at scarborough campus, it's like a gym class, you just have to go in person and sign up for it...

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa
        actually it's not on the UofT website...do you pay accidental fees? (for eg, do you have access to the athletic center?) it's at scarborough campus, it's like a gym class, you just have to go in person and sign up for it...
        I do pay accidental fees. Do they have weekend classes?

Comment

i believe it's on Mondays...

Comment

Website Info UTSC

Originally posted by RidetoGolf
            I am a PT studend at UofT St. George. Am I still eligible for the lesson?

Could you post the link? I can't find it on the UofT website.
            here is the direct link: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~phys-ed...nalSUMMER.html

but if you want more info, go to: www.utsc.utoronto.ca --> current students --> athletics

And it's $25 per term, NOT for the whole year. I'm taking the lessons right now, and it's pretty good. The instructor manages the time well, and he's pretty experienced as a golf instructor.

As long as you're a U of T student, you can use the facility. At any campus.

Comment

Thanks for the info. But it's too bad. I already have class on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by RidetoGolf
                Thanks for the info. But it's too bad. I already have class on Monday.
                That's ok, I don't think you can really register for golf lessons this term anyways... but you can look out for next term. I think the lessons will be on the same day, BUT you never know... So I guess we'll find out in January.

Comment

here is the direct link: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~phys-ed...nalSUMMER.html

but if you want more info, go to: www.utsc.utoronto.ca --> current students --> athletics

And it's $25 per term, NOT for the whole year. I'm taking the lessons right now, and it's pretty good. The instructor manages the time well, and he's pretty experienced as a golf instructor.

As long as you're a U of T student, you can use the facility. At any campus.
                  Wow when did they start to teach golf at UofT? I wonder if I missed out on that or if they started this program after I graduated? Melissa, do you know if Alumni can also take these lessons for the same price?
                  You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
                  Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
                  Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
                  Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

alumni pass

Originally posted by Queen of the Beach
                    Wow when did they start to teach golf at UofT? I wonder if I missed out on that or if they started this program after I graduated? Melissa, do you know if Alumni can also take these lessons for the same price?
                    Hi QB yes, Alumni's can take the lessons for the same price, but I think u'll need an alumni pass. The pass is actually a membership that cost about 400 something bucks... I'm not sure if you have it. But if you do, you can use all the same athletic facilities as the UofT students

Comment

Hi QB yes, Alumni's can take the lessons for the same price, but I think u'll need an alumni pass. The pass is actually a membership that cost about 400 something bucks... I'm not sure if you have it. But if you do, you can use all the same athletic facilities as the UofT students
                      Queen of B, these classes have been running for a long time. They were around when I attended UT 83-87 (yes go ahead calculate my age).

As for Alumini access, UT AC used to have what I think were called "club passes" which allowed you to use the facilities to attend classes or clubs. The limitation was that it could only be used on the days of the week indicated. I know that not all activities qualified, and I don't know what the criteria was. This was 3 or 4 years ago, so they may not even have it any more. Worth checking though to save a few $$'s.

Comment

Originally posted by malarky
                        Queen of B, these classes have been running for a long time. They were around when I attended UT 83-87 (yes go ahead calculate my age).

As for Alumini access, UT AC used to have what I think were called "club passes" which allowed you to use the facilities to attend classes or clubs. The limitation was that it could only be used on the days of the week indicated. I know that not all activities qualified, and I don't know what the criteria was. This was 3 or 4 years ago, so they may not even have it any more. Worth checking though to save a few $$'s.
                        hmm well I guess I never noticed there was Golf instruction at U of T because I only became interested in Golf after graduating.

Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely check out the details on the U of T Alumni website and then share it with you guys if its worth it.
                        You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
                        Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
                        Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
                        Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X