Collapse

1997 Masters book, Tiger Woods and Lorne Rubenstein

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Masters book, Tiger Woods and Lorne Rubenstein

Throughout an illustrious and sometimes drama-filled career, Tiger Woods has accrued plenty of stories — and now he’s ready to tell one of them.

Woods, one of the most successful golfers and athletes of all-time, is set to write a book about his historic victory at the 1997 Masters. The win was the first at a major for the 21-year-old Woods, who went professional just months earlier. The book will feature the golfer describing that incredible triumph, his relationship with his father, and many previously untold stories.

“The 1997 Masters was one of the most important tournaments in my life for many reasons,” Woods said in a statement. “I think about the hug with my dad and all the events that went on that week. A lot of people know generally about that tournament, but this gives me a chance to tell in detail what happened on and off the course.”

Woods’ win at the Masters wasn’t only significant for it being the first big win in what would go on to be a legendary career, but for the barriers that it helped break. His win was the first by an African-American/Asian player at the event, which is held at the Augusta National Golf Club, an exclusive club that didn’t accept its first African-American member until 1990.

This will be the second book from Woods, who also wrote 2001’s How I Play Golf. The untitled book on the 1997 Masters, co-written by Lorne Rubenstein, will be released in March 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Woods’ victory.

Re: 1997 Masters book, Tiger Woods and Lorne Rubenstein

I guess if Lorne is the "co-writer", then he and Tiger will each write half of the words in the book.

Comment

Interesting that the only recent long interview with TW was by Rubinstein for Time magazine back in December.

Clearly, Tiger trusts him and they've developed some sort of relationship.

Pretty good for a local boy from Toronto. Well done Lorne!
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Tiger needs to released a follow-up to his last book 'How I Play Golf' with 'How I Played Golf' or 'How I wish I Play Golf.'

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X