Collapse

Sprinklers on during morning round

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinklers on during morning round

Another first world golf problem. This is twice this week that the sprinklers have been on well into the round. It's 9am and there's guys on the back 9. I realize that we are in a bit of a drought, but they should get their watering in early in the morning and late at night. I'm sure they just don't want to pay the staff to be here earlier and later.

I'd be pretty unhappy if I wasn't a member and paying full price for a round. Having to move your ball in the middle of the fairway in order to not get soaked is really annoying. Any other golf courses do this?

Re: Sprinklers on during morning round

also curious about the official ruling on moving your ball if you can't avoid getting wet.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

This is the 9th hole at 9:12am and there's 2 sprinklers on.....

Edit: guess the pic didn't load, too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
        also curious about the official ruling on moving your ball if you can't avoid getting wet.

Me too, I haven't had to move it yet today but I did twice on Monday morning.i suppose I should just quit my *****ing, I know they're working hard with what they have.
        Last edited by elmeroil; Jun 2, 2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
          Me too, I haven't had to move it yet today but I did twice on Monday morning.
          If you wait long enough it becomes a water hazard! Proceed accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
            stop contributing to slow play
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Haha nice!

Comment

They came on at 830pm for me last night, and I was on the course until 915pm....
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I just left, they were still on. Didn't affect me too much today other than getting less roll out. Heard some swearing about them though.

Comment

see thread on raincovers
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Watering everyday at my place , going to run into it somewhere ,I am thankful they are trying to keep it green.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
                        Watering everyday at my place , going to run into it somewhere ,I am thankful they are trying to keep it green.
                        I decided to stop crying about it, I'm also glad that they are maintaining.

Comment

Depending on their output it could take longer or those are notorious dry spots. Our system at max capacity will put out 1200 gpm. And takes up to 10 hours to water the course 250 acres.

Generally heads take 3-5 minstrel to turn 360deg. Just wait a few seconds then hit.

Comment

Sprinklers on during morning round

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
                            .....but they should get their watering in early in the morning and late at night. I'm sure they just don't want to pay the staff to be here earlier and later.
                            It's not unheard of for an automated irrigation system to shut down mid-cycle for several reasons. (computer glitch, pumphouse glitch, human error)
                            The Golf Course Superintendent arrives in the morning to discover the situation and takes whatever steps are necessary.

It can be a scramble for the green staff to water during play but sometimes it becomes necessary.
                            Swing slow, walk fast

Comment

We got some good rain last night and today, much needed.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X