Collapse

In the zone

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the zone

I can honestly say I've never experienced a round like I had today --- and I certainly wish it would occur more often. Lol.

It was quite windy and the greens were wet from heavy rain this morning so the course was playing long --- especially the few holes directly into the wind.

But every ball --- except my first approach shot that went offline by ten yards --- went exactly where I aimed.

I only missed three greens in regulation (one was only by 6") and felt 100% confident that the ball would go exactly where I wanted it to. I've never felt like that on a course before --- at least to this degree.

Had it not been for the wet, slower greens --- I left five birdie putts 6" to 1' short and three putted one green --- I would have easily had the round of my life.

Why golf can't be like this every day...I dunno. Lol.

Re: In the zone

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
    I only missed three greens in regulation (one was only by 6") and felt 100% confident that the ball would go exactly where I wanted it to. I've never felt like that on a course before --- at least to this degree.

Had it not been for the wet, slower greens --- I left five birdie putts 6" to 1' short and three putted one green --- I would have easily had the round of my life.
    My best ever (score) round was only 12 gir, I envy you. Though (like probably most golfers), I've never really tried to just go for the middle of every green (would probably greatly improve the remote chance of 18 girs )

The best rounds I've had in the past, and even recently have been a result of trying to stay relaxed, and not "try" too hard to force the result. Being slightly physically / mentally tired before the round even starts, sometimes even helps (to a point).

So what was the number? ... What course ?

What did you do differently on / off the course ? Before the round ?

Comment

Re: In the zone

Nothing different was done differently before playing. A few times I chose to simply go for the middle of the green instead of a side pin. Perhaps since it was still somewhat of a crappy day I had lowered expectations. I really can't say.

Score was par at Huntsville Downs.

It's an odd feeling knowing that when you hit the ball it's most likely going to go exactly where you want it to. Lol.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X