Collapse

My Full Mailbox on TGN

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Full Mailbox on TGN

My mailbox is constantly near full on here and I keep having to delete even recent pm's that I would prefer to keep so that I know what myself and a possible purchaser talked about. Often 10 pm's occur in short order with the same purchaser.

Does anyone know exactly what happens when you send a pm to a full mailbox? Is the sender advised that their message could not be sent because a mailbox is full or not?

If that is the case I am thinking of leaving my mailbox full since both my email address and my phone number is in the ad so I can be easily reached.

thanks in advance for the info

Re: My Full Mailbox on TGN

Don, I sent a private message as a test.
    My private message record shows, "Testing for full Mailbox."
    So, if the sender check his records, there is confirmation that your inbox is full.
    However, TGN didn't send me a notification.
    I had to check my private messages 'Unconfirmed Private Message Receipts' list to determine that.
    Last edited by tomahawktim; May 23, 2017, 02:55 PM.
    Swing slow, walk fast

Comment

Empty your sent and receive PM. That will help. Also if you have a string of PM with the same member erase all of them except the most recent one.
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by seetrout699 View Post
        My mailbox is constantly near full on here and I keep having to delete even recent pm's that I would prefer to keep so that I know what myself and a possible purchaser talked about. Often 10 pm's occur in short order with the same purchaser.Does anyone know exactly what happens when you send a pm to a full mailbox? Is the sender advised that their message could not be sent because a mailbox is full or not?
        If that is the case I am thinking of leaving my mailbox full since both my email address and my phone number is in the ad so I can be easily reached.
        thanks in advance for the info
        Not sure if this can work for you in the long term, (maybe Sponsors should be provided with bigger mail boxes).
        Here's what I have done on a couple of occasions.
        Started at the latest message and done repeated "sheet shots" all the way down my messages. Save to "Paint" and then copied to a folder elsewhere, so even if TGN crashes or goes down I have those messages until I want to get rid of them.

Only down side is it won't be real time active, but at least you'll know all the content.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Coincidentally, I just had this happen.

Sent someone a PM, got the message "the recipient's mailbox is full, try again later" or something like that.

He didn't get the message BUT, he did seem to get an email saying someone sent him a message. And he knew it was from me - the email notifications that get sent include the sender's user name.

You should run a test...
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Can also just select some or all of any messages by clicking the appropriate box(es) and download them (see bottom right hand side of the mailbox page):

Download all Private Messages as:
            XML | CSV | Text

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
            Not sure if this can work for you in the long term, (maybe Sponsors should be provided with bigger mail boxes).
            Here's what I have done on a couple of occasions.
            Started at the latest message and done repeated "sheet shots" all the way down my messages. Save to "Paint" and then copied to a folder elsewhere, so even if TGN crashes or goes down I have those messages until I want to get rid of them.

Only down side is it won't be real time active, but at least you'll know all the content.
            _______
            NQRfPT

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelR View Post
              Can also just select some or all of any messages by clicking the appropriate box(es) and download them (see bottom right hand side of the mailbox page):
              Download all Private Messages as:
              XML | CSV | Text

Thanks for the heads up had not noticed that feature, very useful.
              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions.

I think that for the time being I will leave the mailbox full and see what happens. My estimate is that 80% of all clients use my email or phone me- hopefully I can get that to 90-95% with some additional prodding. Having my messages in email where I can easily search and save 1000's of messages works much better for me .

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X