Collapse

Wyldewood Golf Club twosome deal

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyldewood Golf Club twosome deal

Played here two years ago on a previous UnderPar offer and really enjoyed it. Regular rates for 18 holes with cart are $95 tax-in so $125 for two with free replay is likely the lowest option we'll see from them in 2017. This time I grabbed two so we can play in June and again in Sept:

Save at Wyldewood Golf and Country Club and other Southern Ontario golf courses. The best golf deals are underpar.com golf deals.

Don't expect much from the clubhouse and/or F&B but the course is a refreshing test and usually in great shape (likely from lack of traffic).

Re: Wyldewood Golf Club twosome deal

I played last year. Pretty beat up. It's pretty much semi private at this point. The only days the public can't get a tee time is Tuesday and Thursday on the weekends after 12. I had played it many years ago. I was quite disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by DashRipRock View Post
      I played last year. Pretty beat up. It's pretty much semi private at this point. The only days the public can't get a tee time is Tuesday and Thursday on the weekends after 12. I had played it many years ago. I was quite disappointed.
      played it last season was disappointed because first we didn't know the track and no maps of the holes to get you around, driving range you can only hit irons, greens were ok. The only reason I played it was I won a fourseome to wyldewood at a golf tournament.
      Last edited by wong94; Mar 13, 2017, 12:59 PM.
      What's in the bag

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 9.0 Degree
      Callaway XR 3 wood
      Callaway xr 5 wood
      Adams 4,5,6 Hybrids
      Titleist AP2 Irons
      Titleist vokey wedge 54 degree
      Titleist volley wedge 58 degree
      Ping redwood putter

Comment

Not worth the money
        I found it in very rough shape last year

Comment

Used to be a member way back when
          It was going down for the count then
          hard to believe its still open
          This is destined to be the second 18 for Royal Ontario once the owner of Wyldeweed dies....

Comment

Don't think Royal Ontario will care to add this course, played last year for the first time and I though I would have been happier playing Royal Ontario for the 6th time, the course is just not that exciting.

My friend who was playing his very first 18 holes round was very impressed by the course.

The deal is no good and it can be had for the same price on Golf Now all year long.

Comment

Iggy has tried to buy it several times
              The Wyldeweed owner and Iggy hate each other
              Wyldeweed is not buying Royal Ontario, that I would bet on

Comment

Not a hot deal. Weekends after 1pm then they tell you this:

(Please note if replay is redeemed after 5pm it is valid for 9 holes only)

I guess they want you off the property asap!

Comment

Finally got out to play Wyldewood near Milton yesterday. The closest club to my house, yet has eluded me all these years. And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Rough around the edges in some areas – proshop, clubhouse and driving range were pretty decrepit for a private course, but I got over it once on the first tee. Almost has an old municipal feel to it.

Some quirky holes, and weird, but fun drop-offs, but a nice parkland course for the most part. We took some risks without knowing the landing areas, so def worth a second and third look now that we know how to play it.

A lot of the holes on the back nine resembled links-style a little bit, and the bunkers were in rough shape on 12,13 & 14. On those holes, I get the Wyldweed nickname.

We didn't like the greens as most were quite small and there wasn't much definition between them and the fairways, but I suppose that's how greens weer built back in the day.

Even had some interaction with members, so a good experience for the first time out.
                  – Greg

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X