Collapse

Burlington Springs

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burlington Springs

Any one ever played there? The price is right and in that area it can't be any be any worst than lowville or camisle. I'm not looking for a 5 star course but if someone can give me idea it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by hammer; Aug 27, 2005, 12:17 AM. Reason: .

Re: Burlington Springs

I will preface this by saying th elast time I played there was a few years (2002, I think). There are a quite a few better courses for the same money or a little more.

The fairways were not distinguishable from the rough, the greens were bumpy and patchy.

If you want a very good course in the same price range (less), check out www.southbrookgolf.com
    Take it one shot at a time

Comment

I play southbrook all the time and I think its the best course $25 twi can buy. I drove by burlington springs the other day and its one of the few courses in the area I haven't played. If it worst than southbrook but better than say chippawa I might give it a twilite shot to see what its like.

Comment

I play both courses on a regular basis so I will give my 2 cents for what it's worth
        Burlington Springs is an easy wide open course, you don't lose any balls here. Some of the greens should be illegal, they have no flat spot (if you go have a look at the 15th green). A couple of the holes (7 and 14) have trees right in the middle of the fairways, and the tree of 7 is reachable off the tee. It's a short course from the white tees but it is a nice easy round of golf.

Southbrook IHMO is the best bang for buck. I really like the course layout and the people are great. I played there Firday and it was $53 for golf and cart. I really like the par 3 9th hole, raised tee to a green backed by the stream that runs through the course. Ok club house and we saw the refreshment cart 7 times. I shoot about the same at both courses (don't ask what I shoot) but I think Southbrook would be the more challenging course, more thinking involved. Hope that helps, if you have a more specific question drop me a line and i will try and help.
        It takes alot of balls to play golf the way I do

Comment

played southbrook and i didnt really like the conditions the fairways were hard and all brown... course set up is ok.
          i prefer chippewa or glancaster over southbrook.
          You're In Good Hands

Adams speedline f11 9.5*
          2H nickent
          4H taylormade rescue
          5-PW Tourstage Z101
          52*56*60* vokeys
          Yes sophia
          Nike pdsoft

Comment

Its a decent track, pretty boring, up and down fairways...not much in the way of hazards...if playing before 8:30am on a weekday I highly recommend Crosswinds at $45...its about 15 min from Burlington Springs

Comment

I enjoy playing at Carlisle.

It is a great course and is always in great shape.

Played there on Saturday and walked it. Three of us started at 7:15am and played in 3:30 minutes.

I'm a Rocker

\m/ \m/
              The Rocker
              \m/ \m/

Taylor Made R5 9.5
              Adams Tight Lies 15 d. 3 wood
              Callaway X18 3-PW
              Cleveland 52
              Cleveland 56
              Oddesey 2 Ball CS
              Callaway HX Tour ball

Comment