This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YOUR 2017 TORONTO BLUE JAYS

I like when Bryant says: "This guy might be better than the young guy" . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportyluis View Post
      Saw the video this morning... it was hilarious!

On another note, anyone know how serious Donaldson's injury is? Hopefully they let him recover vs push him too hard to have a nagging injury all year
      1.5 months till anything matters. Can't see them pushing him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
        1.5 months till anything matters. Can't see them pushing him at all.
        Ya. They definitely won't push him. It is concerning though. Not sure if it's the same calf he struggled with all last year?

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
          Ya. They definitely won't push him. It is concerning though. Not sure if it's the same calf he struggled with all last year?
          Will be ready for start of season. Same calf. Looking into it further.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
            Will be ready for start of season. Same calf. Looking into it further.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...-full-workout/
            As long as it is not a serious injury it could be a blessing in disguise. Might allow them to give Gurriel a long look at 3rd. Of give Barney some starts there and allow them to showcase Goins at SS and 2b during the preseason in order to hopefully build his market value.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
              allow them to showcase Goins at SS and 2b during the preseason in order to hopefully build his market value.
              He going to have a bat and ball magnet out there with him?
              Dans le BAG...
              PING G30 LS 9*, PING G25 14.5*, PING G30 19*
              PING I25 4-LW
              Titleist Vokey SM6 62*
              Scotty Cameron Classics Laguna

Comment

Originally posted by ondadl View Post
                He going to have a bat and ball magnet out there with him?
                'Hopefully' being the key word. No worries about his defense and hustle, however .......

Comment

Nice jersey

Comment

Nice jersey

It’s a good thing there isn’t another Salty on the roster.

Comment

• Re: YOUR 2017 TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Former Jay, Eric Thames returned from playing in Korea, signing a three-year, $16 million deal with the Brewers with a club option for 2020. From an interview with him posted in today’s National Post, he explains how he was able to improve his hitting while in Korea and earn a return to MLB. Of course it remains to be seen if his considerable success in Korea will translate to success in MLB.

Thames was essentially his own hitting coach with the Dinos, and reinvented his approach. He watched interviews on technique with stars like the Detroit Tigers sluggers Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez, absorbing their lessons and teaching himself a new swing after finding his old one too inconsistent.

“I’d be very uphill, so a lot of balls I’d hit would have topspin,” Thames said. “If I got it perfect, it’d be a home run, but if I just missed it a little bit, topspin, so it would be off the wall or even knuckle and it wouldn’t travel as far. Now I work hard to stay short to the ball but have a flat path — finish flat, not just try to be up there hitting dingers all day.”

By not swinging for the fences, Thames began clearing them regularly.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...reas-babe-ruth

Comment

That editorial bit at the end is hilarious. Maybe he's swinging for them, but figured out a more effective way. We'll see if Korean success leads to MLB success. Hope so for him.

Comment

A series of articles on one of the best in the game:
                          Unless you’re a Jeopardy contestant, you’ve probably heard of Kris Bryant. You may have even heard or read a little about how he worked to improve his approach and swing after his rookie year, making adjustments that led to a runaway MVP campaign. But not even the biggest Cubs honks have heard exactly what has gone …

If you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out Part 1 of our four-part series with Mike Bryant, professional hitting instructor and father of a relatively popular baseball player you may have heard about. When we left off, Mike was discussing Ted Williams’ hitting philosophy, specifically in terms of the shift. Now he’ll get …

If you find yourself reading this and haven’t seen Part 1 and Part 2, please remedy that posthaste and make your way back when you’re done. In addition to providing context, there’s some great stuff in there for Cubs fans or just baseball fans in general. We’ve already learned about how Kris Bryant adjusted his …

MB: So the swing changes were really minuscule. I don’t like the word “level.” I was taught to have a level swing all my life and it’s wrong. The way the ball’s coming in, coming down, at a six to a 10-degree angle and with break — horizontal and vertical break on it — the depth of the pitches adds 12 or 13 degrees to the angle. So if you want to meet the ball squarely on most of the pitches, you’ve got to have at least a 10-degree angle up.

Comment

A series of articles on one of the best in the game:
                            Unless you’re a Jeopardy contestant, you’ve probably heard of Kris Bryant. You may have even heard or read a little about how he worked to improve his approach and swing after his rookie year, making adjustments that led to a runaway MVP campaign. But not even the biggest Cubs honks have heard exactly what has gone …

If you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out Part 1 of our four-part series with Mike Bryant, professional hitting instructor and father of a relatively popular baseball player you may have heard about. When we left off, Mike was discussing Ted Williams’ hitting philosophy, specifically in terms of the shift. Now he’ll get …

http://www.cubsinsider.com/2017/02/2...better-part-3/
                            Wonder if the upwards angle is even more important as ball velocity drops.

Maybe this is a good way for kids to swing also.
                            Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                            Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                            Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                            Ping G400 4H - 22*
                            Ping G400 5 - UW
                            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                            Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                            Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                              Wonder if the upwards angle is even more important as ball velocity drops.

Maybe this is a good way for kids to swing also.
                              My approach always depends on the player. Some need to feel like they're swinging down. Some need to feel like they're swinging up. Some level. The problem with a blanket approach is it can lead to other issues. I have kids who, when thinking about a slightly upward angle of attack, will prematurely drop their hands. That's not what we want. Kids are also pitching off flat ground from 45ft, so that evens out the descent angle for the most part.

The whole feel vs real thing is something I'm trying to tackle now. The problem with kids is they don't know what they're feeling lol.

Comment

My approach always depends on the player. Some need to feel like they're swinging down. Some need to feel like they're swinging up. Some level. The problem with a blanket approach is it can lead to other issues. I have kids who, when thinking about a slightly upward angle of attack, will prematurely drop their hands. That's not what we want. Kids are also pitching off flat ground from 45ft, so that evens out the descent angle for the most part.

The whole feel vs real thing is something I'm trying to tackle now. The problem with kids is they don't know what they're feeling lol.
                                I know what you mean, my son was hitting off a tee and his back foot kept moving backwards, picture a golf swing where you lose grip with your back foot.
                                Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                                Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                                Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                                Ping G400 4H - 22*
                                Ping G400 5 - UW
                                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                                Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                                Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X