No I don't think it is too early.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
    Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
    Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
    Ping G400 4H - 22*
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs 2017 - 2018 thread

lol; I agree... I'm very curious to see what happens with the Leaf roster AFTER the Vegas expansion draft. I hope the Leafs that go are one of either Ben Smith or Martin Marincin (preferably both; haha)...

And according to: http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/, Leafs will likely draft in the middle given their position in the playoffs and it looks like it MAY be Juuso Valimaki (a 6', 200+ lb. left handed defenceman). There's also Callan Foote (6'3, 200+ lb. right handed defenceman; Adam Foote's son) and Nicolas Hague (6'6, 220 lb. left handed defenceman) who're ranked below Valimaki; I have no idea if these guys are any good, as I've never seen them play at all... Maybe in the World Juniors (not sure)!?

And when looking at the UFA's for this year:

There's some D there that look appealing (Kulikov, Alzner to name a few); and plus there's some Marlies D also worth maybe exploring come training camp for a roster spot or two (ie. Andrew Nielsen, Travis Dermott, Andrew Campbell or Justin Holl)... Let's see what happens. There's a part of me that thinks if we didn't have Marincin for the playoffs and maybe Polak instead, we either could've won that series or at the very least took it to a game 7... I'm pretty sure Marincin was on for a few game winners...

Comment

Media keep trying to convince people that the Canucks need to move Tanev for youth/prospects.

Tanev is 27, comes from the GTA, has a cap friendly contract and is considered to be a legitimate #2 or #3 defenseman. Although he has some injury/health issues he is younger and better than most of the FA's or other d-men rumoured available. If I was in the Leaf's management, at this stage perhaps the only FA defenseman from the list that I would be interested in is Brendan Smith, another local product.

So should the Leafs try to move some 2nd tier prospects/youth to acquire him? If he is indeed available while Vancouver rebuilds.
      Last edited by Arthur Dailey; May 5, 2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Don't we already have a surplus of #2/3 d men?
        TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
        TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
        Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
        Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
        Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
        Vokey SM4 50/54/58
        Odyssey Toe-Up #1
        Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
          Media keep trying to convince people that the Canucks need to move Tanev for youth/prospects.

Tanev is 27, comes from the GTA, has a cap friendly contract and is considered to be a legitimate #2 or #3 defenseman. Although he has some injury/health issues he is younger and better than most of the FA's or other d-men rumoured available.

So should the Leafs try to move some 2nd tier prospects/youth to acquire him? If he is indeed available while Vancouver rebuilds.

Is Tanev any good though? And would he be better than Kulikov, who I believe is younger? The only thing I've observed from hockeydb.com is that he's a plus player on a bad team, doesn't have many points and he wasn't even drafted!

Comment

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
            Is Tanev any good though? And would he be better than Kulikov, who I believe is younger? The only thing I've observed from hockeydb.com is that he's a plus player on a bad team, doesn't have many points and he wasn't even drafted!
            Late bloomer. Was very small until after his junior draft year. Went right from one year of NCAA to being a regular in the NHL.

Very well regarded, as a legit #2 or #3 (considered adequate on a top line pairing) and the best defenseman in Vancouver.

Chris Tanev is a really good defenceman — which is why the Vancouver Canucks should trade him
            Jason Botchford, Postmedia News | May 3, 2017

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...ould-trade-him
            Last edited by Arthur Dailey; May 5, 2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
              lol; I agree... I'm very curious to see what happens with the Leaf roster AFTER the Vegas expansion draft. I hope the Leafs that go are one of either Ben Smith or Martin Marincin (preferably both; haha)...

And according to: http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/, Leafs will likely draft in the middle given their position in the playoffs and it looks like it MAY be Juuso Valimaki (a 6', 200+ lb. left handed defenceman). There's also Callan Foote (6'3, 200+ lb. right handed defenceman; Adam Foote's son) and Nicolas Hague (6'6, 220 lb. left handed defenceman) who're ranked below Valimaki; I have no idea if these guys are any good, as I've never seen them play at all... Maybe in the World Juniors (not sure)!?

And when looking at the UFA's for this year:

There's some D there that look appealing (Kulikov, Alzner to name a few); and plus there's some Marlies D also worth maybe exploring come training camp for a roster spot or two (ie. Andrew Nielsen, Travis Dermott, Andrew Campbell or Justin Holl)... Let's see what happens. There's a part of me that thinks if we didn't have Marincin for the playoffs and maybe Polak instead, we either could've won that series or at the very least took it to a game 7... I'm pretty sure Marincin was on for a few game winners...
              As I posted in the old season Leaf thread...Valimaki and Foote are the guys that I see Leafs targeting. Maybe an under-rated player like Tanev as Arthur suggested would be a good addition as well. Tanev's parent's actually live close to my in-law's in East York. Regardless, I see them not only drafting a D-Man but also signing a UFA.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post
                Don't we already have a surplus of #2/3 d men?
                Well where are you going to get a #1 from

Kulikov is 10 months younger than Tanev and as an UFA in a not very strong group, will probably command 'top dollar'.

Tanev is on a decent contract and in theory could immediately be the 2nd best player on the Leaf's blueline or at least their top defensive defenseman. If he does not cost too much to acquire.

Here are his advanced stats:

However the Leafs do have lots of money and cap space, so may wish to buy rather than trade for a player.

Comment

Leafs should trade JVR to the Ducks in return for one of their young D and Bieksa. Ducks are going to lose one of their young D in the expansion draft anyway and we could use Bieksa for a few years to steady the D. Problem is Bieksa has a no trade.

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
                    Leafs should trade JVR to the Ducks in return for one of their young D and Bieksa. Ducks are going to lose one of their young D in the expansion draft anyway and we could use Bieksa for a few years to steady the D. Problem is Bieksa has a no trade.
                    Bieksa is too old for what the Leafs need.

Comment

Originally posted by levendis View Post
                      Bieksa is too old for what the Leafs need.
                      He's 35 and could be ok for two more years, plus he only makes 2.5 year. I hope they don't go after Shattenkirk after the playoffs he's having. Any other UFA D out there?

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
                        He's 35 and could be ok for two more years, plus he only makes 2.5 year. I hope they don't go after Shattenkirk after the playoffs he's having. Any other UFA D out there?
                        Karl Alzner 28 @ $2.8MIL ... I'm sure he'll get a raise but not by much more.

Comment

Tanev and Alzner are targets Tanev made the Canucks better when he was out of the lineup they were bad.

Kulikov is a bad idea.
                          Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                          Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                          Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                          Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                          Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                          Ping Hoofer

Comment

They need to do something so Marincin is not the first guy you go to when an injury happens...his poor play factored in the late 3rd period and overtime goals in game 6.
                            BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                            Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                            There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                              Tanev and Alzner are targets Tanev made the Canucks better when he was out of the lineup they were bad.

Kulikov is a bad idea.
                              Big time....his #'s at trade deadline were just dreadful.

I like Tanev and Alzner but Alzner is gonna get seriously paid.

None of the Marlie D-men is close to being ready for 2017-18 and a few never were and never will be close.
                              I like big putts and I cannot lie
                              You other putters can't deny
                              That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                              You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X