Collapse

Name your favourite equipment maker

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name your favourite equipment maker

For some it maybe different depending on the club......for example some prefer Cleveland wedges and then the same individual may prefer Taylormade drivers..the clubs in my bag so far are a prime example of this! ahah...so whose your fav equipment maker and for what clubs?
    Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

hmmm...tough one cause I havn't had the op to try as many different clubs...for drivers I definately like the Cobra SZ series...irons, Mizuno or Titleist and for wedges, I like the feel of the Cleveland or Callaway wedges and for putters I like the Rossa...funny thing is, I don't have any of these clubs in my bag, though I am very happy with what I have right now...
    "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh
      hmmm...tough one cause I havn't had the op to try as many different clubs...
      guess I should re-state the title since I don't have the $$ to get my ideal clubs either...:o

Ideal clubs:

Driver: TM R5 or Cobra SZ 440
      Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid 16 deg.
      Irons: Mizuno MX-23 or MX-30
      Wedges: Cleveland CG-10
      Putter: Odyssey 2-ball
      Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Ok, now I can start dreaming!

Comment

Golf balls

After playing some many different brand of golf balls. I would say Titliest is the best. But recently, I discover Strata 2 or 3 layers design ball are really well too, both in feel and spin. The only problem is durablity, the surface chipped off from any iron shot. Any cheap but nice ball is Wilson Jack spin. It is more durable and able to spin but no feel at all.

Comment

hmm...I haven't been playing long enough to try out all the different brands. But I can only tell you what I hear from my girl friends about lady's clubs. Mizunos irons, Nancy Lopez drivers,Odyssey 2 ball putter, and Nancy Lopez balls. I myself, like the Pinnacle gold lady balls.
          You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
          Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
          Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
          Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Originally posted by Weir sucks
            After playing some many different brand of golf balls. I would say Titliest is the best. But recently, I discover Strata 2 or 3 layers design ball are really well too, both in feel and spin. The only problem is durablity, the surface chipped off from any iron shot. Any cheap but nice ball is Wilson Jack spin. It is more durable and able to spin but no feel at all.
            I would agree with Weir boy, Top Flite balls scuff very easily...used the Top Flite Tour balls...3 piece ball, soft as heck, but scuffed from my irons on the very first shot!

Wilson balls suck IMO. Hard as a rock making me less confident in my shots.....

Comment

I also agree that Wilson and Top Flight balls suck. I've discovered a loyalty to Maxfli balls this season. I've tried most of their balls from the Revolution, Noodle, A3 and my favourite, the M3 Tour. The M3 is a 3 piece ball that gives both feel and durability. I once played an entire round with one ball and no scuffs or scratches (maybe I wasn't hitting the ball correctly). They come in Red (distance) and Black (spin). Middle range cost. $30-40/dozen. Havn't tried their highest grade ball yet, the Revolution Tour.
              "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
              Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X