Collapse

golf gambling under investigation at Florida course

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golf gambling under investigation at Florida course

WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Re: golf gambling under investigation at Florida course

This police force must have a lot of time on its hands. As for the complainant, I would imagine that he'll have a difficult time finding a game on the weekends.
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
      This police force must have a lot of time on its hands. As for the complainant, I would imagine that he'll have a difficult time finding a game on the weekends.
      I was thinking you might have to hide that spare change. You wouldn't want to be deported.
      In The Ogio
      Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
      Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
      Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
      Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
      Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
      Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
      MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Mike you'd better hide your little change purse. I think just about every league runs closest to the pins and skins games and I know I've had to check with Golf Canada about this and skins games are allowed as long as not made mandatory so can't see why this problem would occur unless someone didn't like continually losing his $20. Damn I barely break even each week.

Comment

Me, play for money? You must be confusing me with some other old geezer.

Originally posted by Mule56 View Post
          I was thinking you might have to hide that spare change. You wouldn't want to be deported.
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Playing for money on a golf course ? What a concept !

Too bad it's illegal, I might have given it a try.

PRESS !!!

Comment

I don't get this. I thought as long as the house isn't taking a rake, it's legal. We had our NFL pool busted by police years ago. The coppers said it was illegal because we were paying part of our entry fee to an IBMers wife who took the picks over the phone. They told us almost every police division has a pool but all entry fees are returned to the players and hence it's no problem.
              BTW she was convicted and they kept our $8800!

Comment

I guess me and my Men's Leagues that I play in are possibly criminals as we play for a few bucks all the time.
                Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Originally posted by rpangman View Post
                  I guess me and my Men's Leagues that I play in are possibly criminals as we play for a few bucks all the time.
                  They're gonna get ya!

Comment

So when I had a new set stolen from my locked car while I was at a restaurant,
                    then I should have written a letter to the police then they would investigate the theft?
                    Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                    Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                    Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by rpangman View Post
                      Ronnie you have always been a criminal in my mind based on your low scores
                      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

This is a funny read since I was in Tarpon Springs 2 weeks ago and played in the skins league from a local trailer park at this course the day I left to come home.
                        When my buddy Ken and I arrived at the course we were welcomed by another one of the participants and told to keep it quiet about the skins because the Police had just visited the course a week earlier.

We all thought the whole thing was pretty lame but kept it quiet.
                        "3 bad shots and 1 good one equals PAR"

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                          Ronnie you have always been a criminal in my mind based on your low scores
                          You are too kind Harry. Thanks.
                          Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X