Collapse

Extreme 19th

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme 19th

Was wandering around the internet and bumped into this little gem.

I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Re: Extreme 19th

Absolutely spectacular!!

Might need a provisional if the ball is anywhere off the green and you can't see it land, or is a helicopter ride back up to the tee included if you can't find your ball?

People with a fear of heights will not be lining up for this. Perfect for base jumpers though.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I got to play the Extreme 19th this past July .

Generally speaking, the folks at Legends Golf and Safari very much prefer to take foursomes (only) to the 19th tee, and that day, I was the only one requesting it. After some heavy negotiating (and pleading) I was LUCKY enough to talk my way into a ride to the top! Where I was UNLUCKY however, was that it was borderline too windy to fly the helicopter, and that wind (on the tee) was in my face (and a little from the right).

All my tee shots (they give you 6 balls) were found just short of the green (there's a spotter down below), but my 1st tee shot was deep in a thorny Acacia bush and un-retrievable. That meant I had to play my 2nd drive and was lying 3 off the tee.

Pin was far back left, and I hit a chip to where you see my ball in the pic below. My 3'6" BIG-BREAKING putt (for double) rode the rim of the lip for about 270 degrees and sat precariously over the edge... never falling. So I made triple.

The guide felt super bad for me, because just as I was about to hit the putt, he stopped me in my backswing(!) to advise me to "barely tap the ball, the green is VERY fast". I stopped and listened. I shouldn't have. But what're you gonna do? Oh well, lol. He tried to "comfort" me by saying the average score there is 14. I guess my 6 isn't too bad .

If you find yourself in South Africa, I highly recommend the couple hour drive north from Johannesburg.

Last edited by landshark; Jan 4, 2015, 07:48 PM.
      M1 10.5°, M2 16.5° HZRDUS Yellow 76; 910H 17° Kiyoshi Purple 100
      716MB 3:P, SM6 54°.10°S, WW 60°.06°K DGTI AMT; Futura X5; TP X

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
        WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing. I am extremely jealous! Another addition to my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post

Generally speaking, the folks at Legends Golf and Safari very much prefer to take foursomes (only) to the 19th tee, and that day, I was the only one requesting it. After some heavy negotiating (and pleading) I was LUCKY enough to talk my way into a ride to the top! Where I was UNLUCKY however, was that it was borderline too windy to fly the helicopter, and that wind (on the tee) was in my face (and a little from the right).

All my tee shots (they give you 6 balls) were found just short of the green (there's a spotter down below), but my 1st tee shot was deep in a thorny Acacia bush and un-retrievable. That meant I had to play my 2nd drive and was lying 3 off the tee.

Pin was far back left, and I hit a chip to where you see my ball in the pic below. My 3'6" BIG-BREAKING putt (for double) rode the rim of the lip for about 270 degrees and sat precariously over the edge... never falling. So I made triple.

The guide felt super bad for me, because just as I was about to hit the putt, he stopped me in my backswing(!) to advise me to "barely tap the ball, the green is VERY fast". I stopped and listened. I shouldn't have. But what're you gonna do? Oh well, lol. He tried to "comfort" me by saying the average score there is 14. I guess my 6 isn't too bad .

If you find yourself in South Africa, I highly recommend the couple hour drive north from Johannesburg.

What do they charge?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X