Adult coaching programs vs private lesson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult coaching programs vs private lesson

JUst wondering on Nuts feedback

Adult coaching programs vs private lesson.

Which would you prefer and why ?

Coaching program
    structured practice set times and dates

Also how many of you train in the gym in a group setting vs. gym on own vs with trainer ?

Re: Adult coaching programs vs private lesson

That would depend largely on where my game is at.

If I was happy with my game but needed to fine tune a specific part I would book a private lesson to address that particular issue.

If I were a novice to the game, I'd would likely start with a set program that builds the game in stages.

whether this is done one on one, or in a small group, would depend on the total time frame, time per program, and the package cost.

we are talking about a la cart, prix fixe menu, and chef's table.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Ideally? A coaching program as set out. Financially, that's probably not going to fit within my budget while still allowing me to actually play (which is the whole point...to play better).

As for the gym, I prefer a solo approach.

Comment

Coaching programs aren't for everyone....

They take a lot more time and dedication on the athletes part IMO. Coaching programs yield subtle change to style, but significant scoring changes.

Lessons are designed to transfer knowledge that can one day become skill. Again this is based on my opinion and experience.
        Liam Mucklow
        www.mucklowgolf.com

Comment

Day Schools.

Whether you make a serious improvement to your swing / short game or a full day game and skill evaluation on the golf course, its all about putting in long hours rather than short spurts.

The weekly golf lesson model is great for someone who needs a swing improvement to hit the ball consistently far enough to play.

Once this happens, spend a day or two taking an intensive training course and make a big change in a short time.

Getting better quickly IS possible with the appropriate structure.

Coshea's junior program is an example of that. Top 5 in the country if anyone is wondering. Do those kids live with you yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
            Day Schools.

Whether you make a serious improvement to your swing / short game or a full day game and skill evaluation on the golf course, its all about putting in long hours rather than short spurts.

The weekly golf lesson model is great for someone who needs a swing improvement to hit the ball consistently far enough to play.

Once this happens, spend a day or two taking an intensive training course and make a big change in a short time.

Getting better quickly IS possible with the appropriate structure.

Coshea's junior program is an example of that. Top 5 in the country if anyone is wondering. Do those kids live with you yet?
            I think this is going to be my approach from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
              Day Schools.

How do you find focus and retention with students without a history of taking lessons?

Does you opinion change if the student is ardent at practicing on their own?
              I like big putts and I cannot lie
              You other putters can't deny
              That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
              You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                How do you find focus and retention with students without a history of taking lessons?

Does you opinion change if the student is ardent at practicing on their own?
                sometimes having no history is best, so I can start fresh and talk about something new. when it comes to the game evaluation rather than a swing fix, we spend some time on the range warming up, hitting shots, talking ball flight and once we get to the back 9, we've made a strong enough rapport to actually get to the nitty gritty of it all. I have had people ask for the day school and request they take it on their own, 1 on 1, so I guess this is how I deal with them... or they deal with me!

Comment

I prefer Day/Half day schools in a semi-private setting, ideally with other folks who are at the same level. I am able to take short breaks while listening in to what Nick is telling others to do

Comment

Originally posted by owu23 View Post
                    I prefer Day/Half day schools in a semi-private setting, ideally with other folks who are at the same level. I am able to take short breaks while listening in to what Nick is telling others to do
                    He let you have a break?

Comment

I would like to see something like this...

3/6 half day schools, video, trackman, and personal club fitting.

Sports Academy - IMG Academy offers athletes the opportunity to improve their sport and educational performance on our 600 acre, world-class campus.

Comment

Sounds very familiar! I have players who only want to come for the day schools as they find the hour long lessons model not to their liking.

Comment

My Son (16) is in a coaching program for 11 months at a time. IMO this has been fantastic. They meet 3 times/week over the winter for 2-3 hours per session. His coaches also have programs for any age and the improvement in all aspects of the game is huge. The team aspect makes 2-3 hours blow by and like anything, time at the wheel is huge. Having said that, a 2 or 3 day golf school also generally yields huge results......if its in the spring or early summer.

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post
                            He let you have a break?
                            he does when he feels one should have one before one snaps every club in one's bag

Comment

Having great feedback from our Adult Coaching Program at Piper's Heath. We have tried the same format as your plan (Conor) as the way you work with your Juniors. I truly believe that if the student has more reps than doing the traditional one hour golf lesson per week, it will not matter if your dealing with Juniors vs Adults.

Looking forward to getting back to the Mississauga Golf Dome for the off season training.

Steven Maltby

QUOTE=coshea;1282054]JUst wondering on Nuts feedback

Adult coaching programs vs private lesson.

Which would you prefer and why ?

Coaching program
                              structured practice set times and dates

Also how many of you train in the gym in a group setting vs. gym on own vs with trainer ?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X