Collapse

Time to get my lofts measured?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get my lofts measured?

My approach game is killing me and maybe its my lofts?

Play ping S56 and the tour rustique wedges all with KBS tour X flex +1.

Lofts are

PW 47
    AW 52
    SW 56
    LW 60

Per gamegolf and 20+ rounds, my distance ave are

PW 169
    AW 132
    SW 130
    LW 112

Now, I hit a zillion shots with my LW of all lengths whereas the other 3 come out usually on full swings. I have never mastered the 3/4 ;-)

I am confused as to my at 52/56 my SW and AW are so close in average, and why my PW goes 35 yards past my AW on average.

Maybe the lofts are wrong due to manufacturing variance?

Time to visit ping?

P

Re: Time to get my lofts measured?

Wouldn't hurt, but might depend on situations that you use each club. Last year I was like 150 pw and 145 9i, but would use my pw tens times more then the 9i.

Comment

your Pw and Aw are very likely out of spec, using the standard 15yard increment.

Average for Tour
      Tour stats include: Club Speed, Attack Angle, Ball Speed, Smash Factor, Launch Angle, Spin Rate, Max Height, Land Angle and Carry.   TrackMan Average Stats Taken From The PGA TOUR   &nbsp…
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
        Wouldn't hurt, but might depend on situations that you use each club. Last year I was like 150 pw and 145 9i, but would use my pw tens times more then the 9i.
        I really just use my LW. Hit my SW out the sand which might account for some skew in its numbers, but PW and AW are generally full swing only and wacked. Thinking I should run them by ping and see.

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post
          My approach game is killing me and maybe its my lofts?

Play ping S56 and the tour rustique wedges all with KBS tour X flex +1.

Lofts are

PW 47
          AW 52
          SW 56
          LW 60

Per gamegolf and 20+ rounds, my distance ave are

PW 169
          AW 132
          SW 130
          LW 112

Now, I hit a zillion shots with my LW of all lengths whereas the other 3 come out usually on full swings. I have never mastered the 3/4 ;-)

I am confused as to my at 52/56 my SW and AW are so close in average, and why my PW goes 35 yards past my AW on average.

Maybe the lofts are wrong due to manufacturing variance?

Time to visit ping?

P
          Always good to check lofts on clubs. Stamped lofts on irons and woods can vary greatly unfortunately so getting these checked periodically is a good idea. Same goes for woods.

Comment

You can but looks like you need to gap the yardages more.

I use all of my wedges, from similar yardages. The deciding factor is the lie. Based on that, I'll choose the wedge and vary the swing accordingly.

A 169 PW is pretty intense, even tour pros are in the 135-140 range.
            Why swing so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
              Your clubs will get strong over time. Pings won't.

Comment

PW 169
                AW 132
                SW 130
                LW 112

P
                169 yard PW?? I only hit my 6 iron 180 yards.
                BEAST!

Comment

Originally posted by esterofilo View Post
                  169 yard PW?? I only hit my 6 iron 180 yards.
                  BEAST!
                  Hah. I think it's a lot of shaft lean making all my clubs play like 7i. I get crushed inside 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                    Your clubs will get strong over time. Pings won't.
                    This was with my i20s last year. Haven't been using my game golf much this year as I kept switching things too much.

Comment

Those yardages and gaps are a little nutty.

Wedges are all about precision so gaps are very important.

My numbers with Titleist clubs built at Modern Golf are almost exactly the same as the tour averages.

That being said, perhaps you just have crazy swing speed. As long as the results are there then I would not worry too much.

Bladerunner

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
                        Those yardages and gaps are a little nutty.

Wedges are all about precision so gaps are very important.

My numbers with Titleist clubs built at Modern Golf are almost exactly the same as the tour averages.

That being said, perhaps you just have crazy swing speed. As long as the results are there then I would not worry too much.

Bladerunner
                        Results are nutty too ;-) I can hit the ball pretty straight but am coming up short and flying greens like mad inside 150. Unless its right on 115 or 130 I'm pretty much missing. Inside a 100 is a mess, but that's a whole other story rooted on having no ability to consistently hit a punch without pulling it madly.

Not sure if ping locally does a loft measure, bend and gap adjustment or if I should just go to modern or similar (I'm in the west end)..

P
                        Last edited by petvan; Jul 23, 2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Results are nutty too ;-) I can hit the ball pretty straight but am coming up short and flying greens like mad inside 150. Unless its right on 115 or 130 I'm pretty much missing. Inside a 100 is a mess, but that's a whole other story rooted on having no ability to consistently hit a punch without pulling it madly.

Not sure if ping locally does a loft measure, bend and gap adjustment or if I should just go to modern or similar (I'm in the west end)..

P
                          Ping Canada is in Oakville and they will do all of this for you with your ping equipment. Worst time to go now though as there is likely a long wait. Call to book an appointment.

Comment

it's crazy how far off lofts and lies can be, especially if you hit off mats. I was hitting high pulls with my pitching wedge a few years ago. Turned out it was 4 degrees upright and had 4 degrees too much loft.... Got it bent and was hitting it great after.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                            X