Electric Trolley

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electric Trolley

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
    LOVE my cart. Battery easily lasts 36 holes, could push it for another 9 if I really tried but usually can't handle it as I'm gassed . Plenty of options to add storage, folds up nicely to fit in the back of my car and even have myself a fancy storage bag to keep my trunk clean and organized.

Fits a carry and cart bag with ease, also has an attachment so you can put your tour bag on if you have one. They also make a B3 that's designed for this cart, the newest one is a big improvement over last years.

Even better, it takes AA batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
      Even better, it takes AA batteries.
      24 AAA batteries actually, but I get them at Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Galted View Post
        Not necessarily, the regular X9 is very reliable (new name for X7). You just have to avoid situations where it might get away from you or tip. My handle has broken three times but that was by back shop who tried to drag it by the fragile handle. It is not intuitive to others that the handle is not really to be used other than very gently. So don't leave it where others might want to move it out of the way. Without remote, it can't be moved without knowing how to release the wheels.

I had a Lectronic Kaddy before and it was not reliable enough to use in Florida where there is no support. You can order parts for X7 to do most things yourself, such as changing handle or wheels. I don't think I have ever seen a Caddy Trek.
        This is the CaddyTrek. It can either follow you or be in front of you which they call marching mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVK64JyIXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCHC8hMJe0I

Comment

Originally posted by triniexr View Post
          This is the CaddyTrek. It can either follow you or be in front of you which they call marching mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVK64JyIXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCHC8hMJe0I
          Hmmm... a couple of guys at my then club had a follow me that they returned after a few rounds. Said it was unreliable. Said one problem was parking them around green requiring you to walk to parking spot and leave remote with cart. I would think that follow me is a great marketing concept but not so practical on anything but a rare flat course. Would suggest you try to get personal reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Galted View Post
            Hmmm... a couple of guys at my then club had a follow me that they returned after a few rounds. Said it was unreliable. Said one problem was parking them around green requiring you to walk to parking spot and leave remote with cart. I would think that follow me is a great marketing concept but not so practical on anything but a rare flat course. Would suggest you try to get personal reviews.

+1 ^ some of the guys at my club say they are a pain in the butt as your always have to be aware of your movements and placement of the remote, the hand held remote is really the way to go, a lot to said about simple technology
            Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
            Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
            Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
            Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
            Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
            Pro V1x Left Dash
            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
            Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
              +1 ^ some of the guys at my club say they are a pain in the butt as your always have to be aware of your movements and placement of the remote, the hand held remote is really the way to go, a lot to said about simple technology
              Agree 100%. The follow me feature sounds great but once you get around the green, bunkers, shortcuts from green to next tee, etc., the "feature" in my opinion turns into a PIA because the cart is controlling you, as opposed to the other way around. I can't think of how many times I approach green with putter in hand and remotely steer the cart to the back of the green. I would find it a pain to have to walk to a point, drop my remote and then walk back to my putt.
              - Vessel Cart Bag
              - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
              - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
              - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
              - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
              - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Hannah didn't you sell your XR9 last year,or was that the Bat Caddy? Thinking of buying the XR9 for Summit, hopefully it is steady for those hills. Seems well built although i haven't seen many other reviews, is it available in the states under a different company or name?

Comment

Originally posted by swingeasyguy View Post
                  Hannah didn't you sell your XR9 last year,or was that the Bat Caddy? Thinking of buying the XR9 for Summit, hopefully it is steady for those hills. Seems well built although i haven't seen many other reviews, is it available in the states under a different company or name?

I ended up getting the Stewart X9 last yr, couldn't be happier, the remote is great, it goes anywhere and it's a solid but expensive toy, the one I had from par caddie was ok but I found it very unsteady on the slightest of slopes it would tip and if one wheel hit any type of hole then the weight would also tip the unit, it was great for a very even surface.

The Stewart has such a low centre of gravity you can run up a hill, sideways on a hill , over holes, I put it through some very uneven terrain last year and never once had a problem tipping, love the unit, like I said, not cheap, it was around $2700 plus tax,

Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                  Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

How about run time and charging frequency?

Comment

Very satisfied with the MGI Quad Gyro remote so far. Sells under the Bagboy label if you're in the U.S.

Comment

Picked up a Motocaddy S7 last year and couldn't be happier.
                        Last edited by WhiteWalker; Apr 2, 2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I have owned Lectronic Kaddys for 15 years. While they have needed minor repairs over the years, I highly recommend them. They are extremely sturdy and have no trouble going up or down any hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Morris View Post
                            I have owned Lectronic Kaddys for 15 years. While they have needed minor repairs over the years, I highly recommend them. They are extremely sturdy and have no trouble going up or down any hill.
                            They are beast and I loved mine until one the motors seized.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
                              How about run time and charging frequency?
                              I bought the extended battery when I bought and play 36 most of the time, when I stop and have lunch I will plug it In, if I don't stop I just play another 18 on the same charge, if I play another 9 I will plug it in for an hr or so while I'm having a bite to eat, when I leave the club they put it away and plug it in till the time I come back..
                              Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                              Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

I have an MGI quad coaster (Bagboy quad coaster in the USA) I bought 2 seasons ago and absolutely love it.

It has all the features you would want such as electronic brake, auto yards (6-65), downhill speed control, yard/meter counter and even an optional USB solar charger.

The one key feature I bought it for was that the rear wheels have an option to unlock so you can push it like a regular cart should the battery die. There is also a quick release on each wheel for quick removal should you need to for transport.

The most I played was 27 holes, according to the battery indicator I could have played another 9 easily.

The one negative is the 5th wheel (highly recommended) is an option.

I got it from https://onthegoleisure.ca/ in Oakville. They also sell Bat Caddy and when I was there to buy mine they also had Cart Trek.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CoasterQ_RightSide-600x600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	2768880
                                Last edited by chrish8; Apr 3, 2018, 06:19 AM.
                                In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                                Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                                Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                                Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                                Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                                Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                                Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                                --------
                                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...