Collapse

New around here so, hi!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New around here so, hi!

Picked up the game three years ago and I think it's taken over my life. Shooting around 100 right now (counting every stroke - no use lying to myself) and my goal for this year is to break 90.

I'm able to play more often than most of my friends and co-workers and I love meeting new golfers on the course, especially when they're better than me.

I like the idea of this forum because it's not filled with a bunch of Americans complaining how it's too hot/humid/rainy to play golf 4 days out of the year.

Re: New around here so, hi!

Hi, Im new to Toronto golf. Im a 5 handicapper from Dublin Ireland. Looking to play a few courses over the summer here. Im coming from a well manicured golf course in Ireland. Which courses in Toronto are reliable in terms of conditioning? Ive played Don Valley and considering the price, it was extremely poor compared to what im used to. Also back in Ireland the snobbery surrounding golf has gone and private golf courses are now available to the public for a reasonably priced green fee during off peak hours. I plan on playing Glen Abbey while im here but have you guys any recommendations to the top courses here? Is there any way to play the private courses without personally knowing a member? If not are there any reasonably priced memberships for a 1 year membership deal while im here this summer. Thanks, Eamonn

Comment

Some of us still complain, but generally about a lot of things other than the weather!

Welcome to the Nut Bunch!!
      U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Welcome to the group
        Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
        23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
        6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
        52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
        Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

welcome, and have fun
            Essex Golf & CC
            Ping G400 LST AD-DI 6S
            Titleist 915F 16.5 AD-DI 7S
            Titleist 915F 21 AD-DI 7S
            Nike VrProII 4-Pw KBStour S
            Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58M KBStour S
            Titleist Newport 2 Custom Shop
            ProV1X

Comment

Welcome. Hope you reach your goal and break 90 this year.
              Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Hi, welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamok10 View Post
                  Hi, Im new to Toronto golf. Im a 5 handicapper from Dublin Ireland. Looking to play a few courses over the summer here. Im coming from a well manicured golf course in Ireland. Which courses in Toronto are reliable in terms of conditioning? Ive played Don Valley and considering the price, it was extremely poor compared to what im used to. Also back in Ireland the snobbery surrounding golf has gone and private golf courses are now available to the public for a reasonably priced green fee during off peak hours. I plan on playing Glen Abbey while im here but have you guys any recommendations to the top courses here? Is there any way to play the private courses without personally knowing a member? If not are there any reasonably priced memberships for a 1 year membership deal while im here this summer. Thanks, Eamonn

You will find that if you post this in the "Golf Courses" section of the forum, you will have many people respond!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X