No announcement yet.
Collapse

Golf Schools in the GTA (and beyond)???

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Schools in the GTA (and beyond)???

I have just had great success in the club fitting forum, so now it's time for Phase 2--instruction!

I love the idea of an intensive day of learning, but most recent threads seem to be aimed at one-on-one hourly coaching. Is anyone experienced with, or aware of any full day golf schools in or around the GTA?

I think it's a great format that would work well with my schedule, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Golf Schools in the GTA (and beyond)???

Nick Starchuk offers full day schools at Mississauga!
    Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Ya. Nick is great, and just posted some schools today.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryCheung View Post
        Nick Starchuk offers full day schools at Mississauga!
        Yeah. Get ready to hit some golf balls

Comment

Originally posted by owu23 View Post
          Yeah. Get ready to hit some golf balls
          Sounds like a full day!!!

Thank you Larry, P25, and owu23. Seems like it was a perfect time to ask for help.

Anybody else with feedback on Nick's coaching and schools?

Comment

No one better, IMO. These ballstricking clinics are very valuable. Nick is a top notch coach and you'll be striping it by the end of the day.

owu23 - that's an understatement! Get ready to tape those fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant_Man11 View Post
              No one better, IMO. These ballstricking clinics are very valuable. Nick is a top notch coach and you'll be striping it by the end of the day.

owu23 - that's an understatement! Get ready to tape those fingers!
              Lol. very true.

Comment

It is extremely hard to put into actual play any sort of swing change a teacher might suggest. To successfully make a swing change it takes a dedicated commitment by the student over a period of time that is much longer than you would think. For this reason if it is an improved swing you are looking for a series on individual lessons over the course of the season might be a much better idea.

Even though I live in Burlington, for a swing instructor I have been using Larry Cheung. He is the best swing instructor I have worked with. (and I have tried a few, lol) He was able to make a significant improvement to my ball striking last season. There are all sorts of instructors that can say "do this" but there are very few instructors that can actual instigate real change in a student's movement pattern. Larry is one of these gifted few.

I would add, the short game is a very different situation. Here it is much easier to make change and an all day short game clinic would be a great idea. Sean Casey at Glen Abbey (another exceptional instructor) taught me some putting and chipping fundamentals 2 years ago that have become the cornerstone of my short game.

Comment

Interestingly, Larry endorsed Nick's golf schools....

A one day school is very different from a random lesson.

Nick is the best, a full day gives you learning time and practise time. Gives you time on multiple topics and in this case allows for an enjoyable day and one of Canada's premier private clubs with an outstanding practise facility.

If you are on the fence, just do it. You won't regret it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
                    It is extremely hard to put into actual play any sort of swing change a teacher might suggest. To successfully make a swing change it takes a dedicated commitment by the student over a period of time that is much longer than you would think. For this reason if it is an improved swing you are looking for a series on individual lessons over the course of the season might be a much better idea.

Even though I live in Burlington, for a swing instructor I have been using Larry Cheung. He is the best swing instructor I have worked with. (and I have tried a few, lol) He was able to make a significant improvement to my ball striking last season. There are all sorts of instructors that can say "do this" but there are very few instructors that can actual instigate real change in a student's movement pattern. Larry is one of these gifted few.

I would add, the short game is a very different situation. Here it is much easier to make change and an all day short game clinic would be a great idea. Sean Casey at Glen Abbey (another exceptional instructor) taught me some putting and chipping fundamentals 2 years ago that have become the cornerstone of my short game.
                    Thanks for the nice words and the continued support! I appreciate that a lot!!!
                    Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post
                      Interestingly, Larry endorsed Nick's golf schools....

A one day school is very different from a random lesson.

Nick is the best, a full day gives you learning time and practise time. Gives you time on multiple topics and in this case allows for an enjoyable day and one of Canada's premier private clubs with an outstanding practise facility.

If you are on the fence, just do it. You won't regret it a bit.
                      You've made some great points. It's 6 hours of semi-private instruction for the price of 3 privately, but without the opportunity to lose those new habits between sessions. I have always found it tough to practice properly after instruction because I'm never positive about what I'm doing. I think his format sounds awesome.

And you get lunch!!!

Comment

A number of players who participate in the day schools will follow up a week or 2 later and say they played their career best round. Many find their ball striking improves over the course of the day and doesn't disappear when they wake up the next morning. Some now prefer to only come to the day schools as they see how much faster they improve versus a weekly visit.
                        But, its not for everybody...

Looking forward to seeing you BigBry.
                        thanks for the support TGN.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
                          A number of players who participate in the day schools will follow up a week or 2 later and say they played their career best round. Many find their ball striking improves over the course of the day and doesn't disappear when they wake up the next morning. Some now prefer to only come to the day schools as they see how much faster they improve versus a weekly visit.
                          But, its not for everybody...

Looking forward to seeing you BigBry.
                          thanks for the support TGN.
                          Is there a certain skill level these clinics would be most beneficial for?

Comment

No, it's a great experience for any golfer looking to shave a few shots

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X