Collapse

Stephen Ames

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Ames

So I've been wondering what's with Stephen Ames these days? Heard about the injuries, and waiting for the Senior tour etc.

Then I looked at today's round. 86% driving accuracy, check. 290 driving distance, check. Uh, 44% GIR from that. And ahem, 36 putts. Easy +5.

Like him or leave him, I've always found him to march to his own beat, and wish he was mixing it up with the leaders more.

Re: Stephen Ames

I noticed him towards the bottom of the scoreboard earlier today, at that point he had, had 6 bogies and a birdie on his front nine.
    Looked up his profile and found that he has dropped to 555 on the OWR getting down there close to David Duval.
    Of course right after that I read about Will Gimmer 16 years old shooting a 59 on Pinehurst #1 course. What the heck's going on.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
      Of course right after that I read about Will Gimmer 16 years old shooting a 59 on Pinehurst #1 course. What the heck's going on.
      And not "just" a 59 with the "guys" .

"...shot a 59 at Pinehurst No. 1 during the second round of the North & South Junior Amateur.

Doing it "under the gun" obviously a lot more special

** On a side note, watch the interview, and check out that beautiful artistic lettering on the scoreboard !
      Last edited by mstram; Jul 11, 2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstram View Post

"...shot a 59 at Pinehurst No. 1 during the second round of the North & South Junior Amateur.

** On a side note, watch the interview, and check out that beautiful artistic lettering on the scoreboard !
        Here's one for the TEEN Section, beat that score Old Timers.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by mstram View Post

Yep, it's "only" about 6100, but it sounds like he was draining everything.

6100 yards is really short for a male tournament, even in juniors. Still, that's an AMAZING score.

Comment

Congratulations to Stephen Ames!

He won the Mitsubishi Electric Classic today.
            Official home: PGA TOUR Champions, live scoring, news, stats, video, player profiles and tournament information. The best PGA TOUR golfers age 50 and above.

Ames becomes the 11th player to win on the Web.com Tour, the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions.

Ames becomes the third Canadian to win on PGA TOUR Champions, joining Dave Barr (2003 Royal Caribbean Classic) and Rod Spittle (2010 AT&T Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
              Congratulations to Stephen Ames!

He won the Mitsubishi Electric Classic today.
              http://www.pgatour.com/champions/dai...c-classic.html
              can't wait for 2024, our next scheduled Canadian Win!!?
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Congrats to Stephen Ames.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                  can't wait for 2024, our next scheduled Canadian Win!!?
                  YEP that is Savannah Grewal who will win GOLD in 2024, remember you heard it here.
                  But other Canadians will win before that, ask LEFTY30 about that.

Comment

Stephen Ames is T2, two strokes back, going into the final round of the Dominion Energy Charity Classic
                    PGA TOUR Champions Live Leaderboard 2024 The Galleri Classic, Rancho Mirage - Golf Scores and Results

This is the first of three playoff events (worth double points) to finish the season.

His current T2 gives him a projected 23rd place (up from 40) in the Cup standings.

Comment

when I was 1st alternate for the week of the 2016 US Senior open I was checking in the same time he was. I told the guy at registration I was from PEI CANADA , Ames looked at me and never said one word. Most Canadians would say good luck anything I can help with he was a total blank. Not my type of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by tyorke1 View Post
                        when I was 1st alternate for the week of the 2016 US Senior open I was checking in the same time he was. I told the guy at registration I was from PEI CANADA , Ames looked at me and never said one word. Most Canadians would say good luck anything I can help with he was a total blank. Not my type of guy.
                        Soon he won't be the only Canadian. Hopefully, Mike Weir should be joining him soon. (2 years?)

Comment

Originally posted by tyorke1 View Post
                          I've been fortunate enough to meet Stephen a couple of times and while he can come off as distant and flippant at times, once engaged he is quite funny and friendly.

Comment

Stephen Ames finished T3 at the Invesco QQQ Championship this past weekend, moving him from 42 to 27th in the points race, which gets him into the Championship (field of 36). Also Top 36 get full cards for next year (Top 36 of the Top 54 category).
                            Last edited by sjmcampbell; Nov 1, 2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post

I've been fortunate enough to meet Stephen a couple of times and while he can come off as distant and flippant at times, once engaged he is quite funny and friendly.
                              Only had one interacton with him at the cnd Open when I was volunteering. He approached me for something. When I asked for clarification, he wasn't distant or flippant, he was rude and an a$$

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X