Collapse

True Length Technology video

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Length Technology video

Here is my first attempt with you tube. Just trying to help players understand what it is exactly that I do. Keep in mind there are 16 adult fitting charts as well as 10 for children. I can fit the extremely tall as well as the extremely small.

Dan’s Custom Golf Shop – Hampton’s Golf Clubfitting ExpertThis is our original video - Please review our newer high definition video's for a better understan...
    Regards
    Dan

True Length Technology TM
    Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
    True Frequency Technology TM
    - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
    - Master
    Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
    - Advanced / Professional
    Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
    - Class 'A'

Re: True Length Technology video

Great stuff

Comment

Very well done Dan. Quick simple and to the point but paints a very clear picture for anyone who's a non believer

Comment

I'm not sure why more people don't buy into this. I hit my long irons 100x better with the TLT fitting specs.
        Titleist 915 D2
        Titleist 915 F
        Wishon 929 F
        Wishon 775 Hybrid
        PING i5 Irons
        PING Tour S Rustique 52*
        PING Anser 56*
        PING Glide ES 60*
        MannKrafted Rattler XL
        MannKrafted Midwave
        SGC 902 Custom

Comment

^^^ I agree
          I have a TGN pal whom I am trying to steer to TLT as he keeps talking about wanting to try Single Length -> buy some Pinhawks, etc.

I view Single Length = "extreme" TLT

He has spare quality irons in the garage to donate to the cause for a retrofit. He is already a quality player ( 70's shooter ) and I think SL is too much down the path to get his game a notch or two even better. But maybe it is the whole novelty of SL to give it a shot. Many golf choices offer plenty of entertainment value, which I am very guilty of in my own very frequent club dabblings ( hybrids, woods, drivers ).
          Last edited by ARL67; Nov 20, 2016, 09:47 AM.
          🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
          Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
          Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
          Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
          Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
          Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Been a big fan of TLT for a long time!

Regards,
            Dan
            What's in the bag......

Big Bertha V w Attas Rockstar
            TEE Fairway Wood
            Razr 4 and 5 Hybrid
            TLT'd Srixon Z745's 6-PW MODUS3 TOUR 105
            Scor 4161 Wedges

Odyssey Works Versa

Comment

Originally posted by mcarrejola View Post
              I'm not sure why more people don't buy into this. I hit my long irons 100x better with the TLT fitting specs.
              I would speculate it may be the cost (unknown) and the fitters location ?

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
                I would speculate it may be the cost (unknown) and the fitters location ?
                Fair enough...but I would also speculate many of those same people will drop big $$ on a "fitted" set of irons from other places.

It's not expensive, it's just different
                Titleist 915 D2
                Titleist 915 F
                Wishon 929 F
                Wishon 775 Hybrid
                PING i5 Irons
                PING Tour S Rustique 52*
                PING Anser 56*
                PING Glide ES 60*
                MannKrafted Rattler XL
                MannKrafted Midwave
                SGC 902 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by mcarrejola View Post
                  Fair enough...but I would also speculate many of those same people will drop big $$ on a "fitted" set of irons from other places.

It's not expensive, it's just different
                  that may also have a bit to do with it.
                  Last edited by nearace; Nov 20, 2016, 02:24 PM. Reason: didn't proof read

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                    ^^^ I agree
                    I have a TGN pal whom I am trying to steer to TLT as he keeps talking about wanting to try Single Length -> buy some Pinhawks, etc.

I view Single Length = "extreme" TLT

He has spare quality irons in the garage to donate to the cause for a retrofit. He is already a quality player ( 70's shooter ) and I think SL is too much down the path to get his game a notch or two even better. But maybe it is the whole novelty of SL to give it a shot. Many golf choices offer plenty of entertainment value, which I am very guilty of in my own very frequent club dabblings ( hybrids, woods, drivers ).
                    Just remember, making a set of SL irons is not just sticking a bunch of 6 iron shafts into some old irons. Your friend has to find a way to take a ton of weight out of the short irons (not easy) then add a ton of weight to the long iron heads. On top of that, do all that without messing up the CG of the iron heads....which he probably will. Lofts for gapping is a fairly easy process but takes a lot of trial and error to do it right for a better golfer.

Comment

^^^ .... if he goes SL he would get Pinhawks.
                      I'm encouraging him to retrofit one if his spare sets to TLT.
                      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                      Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Can anyone comment on the cost to retrofit a set?
                        MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Best to text dan yourself. It depends what u have and want done.

Are you doing just irons? Wedges? Woods? All the above?

Are you happy with your existing shafts? Do you want new shafts?
                          Can your current grips be saved or do u need new grips?

These are all variables to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by gbrgolf View Post
                            Just remember, making a set of SL irons is not just sticking a bunch of 6 iron shafts into some old irons. Your friend has to find a way to take a ton of weight out of the short irons (not easy) then add a ton of weight to the long iron heads. On top of that, do all that without messing up the CG of the iron heads....which he probably will. Lofts for gapping is a fairly easy process but takes a lot of trial and error to do it right for a better golfer.
                            You are talking about converting basically any OEM set into single length. You are absolutely right that this is not an easy task by any means and in most cases would fail. In this case if SL is the goal then we use either Pinhawks or the premium set - Sterlings (by Tom Wishon). These will both build out correctly without excessive (or lack of ) head weight - as they are all the same weight of heads.

However, most OEM sets do retrofit out very well to my True Length Technology math model. I have done this successfully 100's of times and with virtually no negative feedback.

The best is when I get to build from scratch - be it SL or to TLT, so all shafts can be sorted using my advanced shaft profiling system - True Frequency Technology. Head weights can be adjusted during the build and flex dialed in for a very consistent feel. MOI theories are applied. Grip sizes are just what the player requires.

Small bio - I have studied personally with Ralph Maltby (Master's class) and am an Advanced / Professional with the GCA, as well as Class A from the old PCS.

When I introduced TLT to the masses, I ended up teaching a class of 36 Professional clubmakers at the Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals annual event in Georgia. At least 4 of my students have gone on to be listed in Golf Digests 'Top 100 clubfitter's'. Tom Wishon has endorsed my fitting system on several occasions.

Whether you are looking for a single club, a starter set, a SL set or the most advanced set I want to assure you that I will do nothing short of building a fantastic set, where every club will fit you correctly and will perform as expected.
                            Regards
                            Dan

True Length Technology TM
                            Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
                            True Frequency Technology TM
                            - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
                            - Master
                            Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
                            - Advanced / Professional
                            Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
                            - Class 'A'