Collapse

Puerto Los Cabos Golf Club - Los Cabos, Mexico

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Los Cabos Golf Club - Los Cabos, Mexico

Pictures are at the bottom for those too lazy to read.

Played Puerto Los Cabos Golf Club on Christmas Day which is a Greg Norman, Jack Nicklaus design with the front 9 Mission Course designed by Greg and back 9 Marina Course designed by Jack.

Had the first twilight tee time booked at 1:30 PM at a discounted hotel rate ($135 USD), got to the club around 12:15 PM and check in was simple and efficient with a very nice bag guy who unloaded my clubs from the van and loaded onto the cart and cleaned the clubs. Went to the range where the starter was and he advised that I could probably jump off early if I wanted to as there was no one booked prior to my tee time.

As I hadn't swung a club on grass since October I decided to get some proper practice in and tee'd off around 1:15 PM. Pace was excellent with the course being practically empty and I finished the round as a solo in 3 Hours 15 minutes taking my time (lots of photos taken and food and booze consumed).

Overall I didn't personally find Puerto Los Cabos to be an overly challenging course as the fairways were all pretty wide and forgiving and none of the greens were ridiculously undulated or narrow, but obviously wind is the biggest teeth so proper club selection and line was key as there were lots of bunkers and desert hazards.

Never the less the course was in absolutely amazing condition and set the bar really high for what I expect for Cabo golf. The views of the Ocean, Mountains and the surrounding desert scenery were absolutely stunning. The pace was amazing as the course was practically empty and there were stations located every few holes where it was all inclusive food and drinks included with your green fee. Carts came with GPS and coolers so you could stock up on beer or gatorade (or whatever your drink of choice was) at the stations.

Below are some of the pictures I took as I had tons of time to enjoy the course:

Driving Range (Even the driving range had Ocean views!)

Mission Course - Greg Norman
    Hole #1
    View from the Tee

View from the Green

Hole #2 (First view of the Ocean)

Hole #3
    View from the Tee

View from the Green

Food and Drink Station (Excellent Tacos)

Hole #5
    View from Fairway

View from Green

Hole #6 (Can't beat that view)

Hole #7
    View from Fairway

View from the Greenside

Hole #9

Marina Course - Jack Nicklaus
    Hole #10

Hole #11 (Highest Point)

Hole #15 (Right side was all Beach)

Hole #17
    View from the Green

Hole #18
    View from the Tee

View from the Green
    Last edited by Mellowg; Jan 1, 2017, 09:58 PM.
    Driver: Fubuki Z 60 x5ct S-Flex 10 Degree Taylormade SLDR.
    Woods: Fubuki Z 65 x5ct S-Flex 16.5 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Wood.
    Hybrids: Fujikura Speeder 82H S-Flex 19 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Hybrid.
    Irons: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 4-9 Irons.
    Wedges: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 PW, Titleist Vokey SM5 50 Degree F Grind GW, 56 Degree F Grind SW and 60 Degree M Grind LW.
    Putter: Odyssey Versa 2 Ball. Super Stroke "The Claw" Grip.

Member of Station Creek Golf Club

Re: Puerto Los Cabos Golf Club - Los Cabos, Mexico

Nice looking track and great review. I've played all over Mexico but never in Cabo.

The 15th reminds me of a round I played years ago. A beginner buddy pulled his drive onto the beach and made the somewhat legitimate argument that since there were no visible stakes, he should be able to play it from there. We let him climb down to find it and it turns out it was rolling up and down with the waves. He waited for the wave to recede and the ball settled for a half second. He took an almighty whack at it...and put it into the mangroves on the other side of the hole, lol.
    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
    TM Rescue 17*
    TM M2 4-AW
    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Re: Puerto Los Cabos Golf Club - Los Cabos, Mexico

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
      Nice looking track and great review. I've played all over Mexico but never in Cabo.

The 15th reminds me of a round I played years ago. A beginner buddy pulled his drive onto the beach and made the somewhat legitimate argument that since there were no visible stakes, he should be able to play it from there. We let him climb down to find it and it turns out it was rolling up and down with the waves. He waited for the wave to recede and the ball settled for a half second. He took an almighty whack at it...and put it into the mangroves on the other side of the hole, lol.
      Thanks Ace,

I definitely pushed one right that ended up on the beach and was contemplating hitting it except the green was actually located on a ledge and it wouldnt have been an easy climb down to the beach. I probably saw at least a half dozen balls there (probably would have been worth the trek down since most people in Cabo seemed to play ProVs )

I would highly recommend Cabo as a golf destination. Great variety of courses, tons of picturesque ocean/mountain/desert views and fun courses overall with outstanding weather. Only downside is that golf there is pricey, but its definitely a good spot for bringing either the wife/gf or going with the boys (great deep sea fishing also). That being said the courses IMO are mostly worth the money and you can get decent deals either through your hotel (hotel dependent I'm sure) or through teeoff.com.
      Driver: Fubuki Z 60 x5ct S-Flex 10 Degree Taylormade SLDR.
      Woods: Fubuki Z 65 x5ct S-Flex 16.5 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Wood.
      Hybrids: Fujikura Speeder 82H S-Flex 19 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Hybrid.
      Irons: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 4-9 Irons.
      Wedges: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 PW, Titleist Vokey SM5 50 Degree F Grind GW, 56 Degree F Grind SW and 60 Degree M Grind LW.
      Putter: Odyssey Versa 2 Ball. Super Stroke "The Claw" Grip.

Member of Station Creek Golf Club

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X