Collapse

PING repair Question

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PING repair Question

Just wondering if any of the Nuts can help me before I ask PING.
    I inherited a set of i3 oversize. One of the previous owners removed the inserts from of 4 of the heads. Would PING sell these to me or must I send the clubs back to PING to get them fixed?
    Just curious...
    In the Sun Mountain C-130 bag:
    Cobra Biocell 12 deg
    Wishon 3W 14 deg
    Mactec 5W
    TM Burner 4H
    In1Zone SL irons 5-SW
    TM Daddy Longlegs

Re: PING repair Question

Do you mean the badges on ghe back? The little ovals in the cavity?

Regardless you would have to send them in for sure. They won't send you replacements.
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 915 F
    Wishon 929 F
    Wishon 775 Hybrid
    PING i5 Irons
    PING Tour S Rustique 52*
    PING Anser 56*
    PING Glide ES 60*
    MannKrafted Rattler XL
    MannKrafted Midwave
    SGC 902 Custom

Comment

PING CANADA: (905) 829-8004

Comment

Originally posted by mcarrejola View Post

Regardless you would have to send them in for sure. They won't send you replacements.
        Correct, had a bud that one fell off and i5 ( iirc) and he had to take it to ping.

Lee, not 100% on the i3 but in others they are weights used to adjust for final swing weight after assembly so you might be able to figure out what weight you need by checking them on your sw scale .
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by mcarrejola View Post

That's what I thought. I just need the cavity ovals. I can see by the ones that have been removed, the cavity is quite deep the inserts must be 1/3 inch thick at least. Seems a PIA to send the 4 clubs to them when all I need is the 4 inserts....
          Cobra Biocell 12 deg
          Wishon 3W 14 deg
          Mactec 5W
          TM Burner 4H
          In1Zone SL irons 5-SW
          TM Daddy Longlegs

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
            Correct, had a bud that one fell off and i5 ( iirc) and he had to take it to ping.

Lee, not 100% on the i3 but in others they are weights used to adjust for final swing weight after assembly so you might be able to figure out what weight you need by checking them on your sw scale .
            Pulled the heads already Peter. They had DGX100 with monster sized grips. The guy must have been a brute...
            I'll just weigh the heads and see what weights they need I can graph them to see where they fall on the line. I have the 5 iron up to the S.

P.S. Know anybody that can use the shafts? Grips are gone already (really beat up and are now in the round file cabinet...)
            Cobra Biocell 12 deg
            Wishon 3W 14 deg
            Mactec 5W
            TM Burner 4H
            In1Zone SL irons 5-SW
            TM Daddy Longlegs

Comment

my dad had some of these fall out on a newer model (G15's i think). Brought them in to the Oakville office and they were fixed up free of charge. Had to leave them for a few days though. Great service.

There was a similar ping thread before about having Ping send out the customer some parts. Don't recall the parts but they will not do this. Obviously a bit of a pain if you don't live close to the Oakville office (I was 10 minutes away before my move which was awesome) and shipping may end up costing you more than the parts. good thing is ping will make sure the are all done up right so at least that is a positive.

Comment

Originally posted by golfunderpar18 View Post
                my dad had some of these fall out on a newer model (G15's i think). Brought them in to the Oakville office and they were fixed up free of charge. Had to leave them for a few days though. Great service.

There was a similar ping thread before about having Ping send out the customer some parts. Don't recall the parts but they will not do this. Obviously a bit of a pain if you don't live close to the Oakville office (I was 10 minutes away before my move which was awesome) and shipping may end up costing you more than the parts. good thing is ping will make sure the are all done up right so at least that is a positive.
                You can also take them to any authorized PING dealer and they can send them to PING for you; no shipping costs required. Adds time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Candukid View Post
                  That's what I thought. I just need the cavity ovals. I can see by the ones that have been removed, the cavity is quite deep the inserts must be 1/3 inch thick at least. Seems a PIA to send the 4 clubs to them when all I need is the 4 inserts....
                  They won't send you the inserts, you need to send them in.

Take them to Golftown, you will pay shipping one way plus the cost of the inserts.
                  10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                  16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                  20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                  4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                  Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post
                    You can also take them to any authorized PING dealer and they can send them to PING for you; no shipping costs required. Adds time though.
                    You are correct - great point. One I had forgotten but correct it does add time.

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
                      They won't send you the inserts, you need to send them in.

Take them to Golftown, you will pay shipping one way plus the cost of the inserts.
                      I had clubs sent to PING through GT and did not have to pay and no charge for the inserts as they are part of lifetime warranty on the heads.

Comment

I had clubs sent to PING through GT and did not have to pay and no charge for the inserts as they are part of lifetime warranty on the heads.
                        You were fortunate as normally it is about $23 from anywhere in S. Ontario.
                        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                          You were fortunate as normally it is about $23 from anywhere in S. Ontario.
                          OK, I stand corrected on the free shipping, just lucky I guess. Still say there should be no charge for the inserts as PING told me they were part of warranty.

Comment

OK, I stand corrected on the free shipping, just lucky I guess. Still say there should be no charge for the inserts as PING told me they were part of warranty.
                            I'm going to take back my statement, you are correct. Warranty work there is no charge for shipping.

I was thinking of lie adjustments and such, then you pay shipping one way.
                            10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                            16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                            20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                            4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                            Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Candukid View Post
                              Just wondering if any of the Nuts can help me before I ask PING.
                              I inherited a set of i3 oversize. One of the previous owners removed the inserts from of 4 of the heads. Would PING sell these to me or must I send the clubs back to PING to get them fixed?
                              Just curious...
                              In a pinch, because you are far from the nearest GT or Ping service, you can mix tungsten powder with 5 minute epoxy and flush-fill the pocket after roughing it up with sandpaper. If I'm right we're talking 3-5 grams port weight at most anyway.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X